+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Slave To The Grind

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by LucKeyHoleInOne View Post
    But you'd have to use IRCs to get any!
    well 200 per dungeon per bonus would be nice as per the thread. plus irc technically wouldnt be an issue if you know what you are doing

BMX
    Rift Disciple

I've learned to conserve those IRC's as there is so much content that is coin op now.

Reward doesn't go out for attendance, it goes out for participation, so conservation is high on the list as of late.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sirddiggby View Post
    what update are you talking about? nothing has changed the way to acquire intel is the same its always been, other than the new raid, and i hear thats pretty low and requires boss kills which not many are even going past one on NA.

adding intel to dungeons, now that would actually be a big change like that other thread asked for.
    The update was 4.2 and the introduction of Intel, as my reference. Instead of baiting players already finished with their eternal upgrades I think it would be better to offer better catch up mechanics. Not implement more expert farming. Use the new area and add upgrade components from RRs or Colossi to help others catch up or something, while at the same time farming current relevant material. The current grind really isn't bad, a lot of options to gain what's needed. The grind to get to current is the problem imo.

What we need to make it bearable is simple enough:

-make all endgame content reward Intel, be it ZE in all celestial lands, celestial chronicles, daily quests, expert dungeons, raids.
    -create more weekly quests related to current content.

-Create a catch-up mechanic for the eternal weapon grind. We are far enough in the expansion to do what WOW did with the same thing. This is needed for new players, and for more casual players. We know time gating was here to prevent rushers to do it in some days, but the rushers did it, and now all players need something more friendly.

Ideas I have:

At wicket stage, give choice: you do wicket (but wicket becomes a normal minion, not the one with half stamina he is, this change alone would make it quicker to level), OR you do the 3 particles quests (15-20-25). Particles are removed from other stages, and this gives a quick way for people loving puzzle games, or a longer but easy way.

At dungeons stage, reduce to 30 experts.
    At T1 raid stage, make Arakurn AND Malannon NM count. Reduce to 10 raid bosses.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    What we need to make it bearable is simple enough:
    I would add the following for SPEs (and maybe make it 40 or 50?) catchup
    + mentored random dungeons (any zone) that you received xp for should count (to provide variety)
    + maybe give a quest to do 10 IA's per day that would count as 5 spe's?
    + For each alt that has completed the SPE grind, start the next alt out at +25% completed. So 1st alt would only need to do 75% of the required. 2nd alt would do 50% of required SPE. 3rd alt = 25% required and 4th+ alt (really you should seek help) would be free.
    OR
    perhaps a way for accumulated SPE's across alts to all count (in the same way that wicket is done once).

For captured intel, the following would be neat:
    + weekly quest to complete 7 random dungeons (non-spe, mentored) to payout 400 intel
    + some other weekly intel quest (ideas?)

Totally agree on Priest/Melanon both counting for eternal. Not sure how to have this benefit alts but it would be awesome if somehow your credit for priest/melanon kills could benefit your alts in some way (but maybe a cap per week).
    OR
    Now that T2 is out, let us run ROTP twice per week like LFR td?

It's clearly many people mentioning this stuff , sadly here and there no answers even as negative not happening also sad to see ingame many people thinking this is normal since its 2 years of expansion and already first quarter happend.

Clearly eternal weapons there for stopping people to wait weeks to get a weapon from last boss or any encounter it used to drop, still TD NM dropping few weapons but very rare chance so this making players who returned or started to game stop already which is causing lowering active players you can find to do T2 content, because on previous expansions if a player returned most of gear like currently passing armor pieces to them passed to them if none of core members needed them, now there is not even this happening like I said there are drops but currently whole skill system is built on eternal procs and if you don't have this procs you will not do any dps.

Many of players noticed sometimes when they lose eternal procs their damages going to the ground, like currently maybe I have one of best possible gears in game but if my eternal stops procing, my dps is like going down like 70%. Small example my ebon blades on same gear without eternal proc does 7000 damage with 8587 cp and 55k attackpower selfbuffed but when I recast it with my eternal proc its going up to 80k and its minimal example.

Since eternal procs boost not even effected with attackpower and spellpower but critpower this is making it worse to build specs viable on raid enviroment.

I know this post will be discarded but here is few suggestions also coming from me;
    1. Remove wicket and replace it with some item you must buy with 100k celestial remnants or 1500 credits
    2. Either count all expert dungeons from previous to count towards or lower current expansion ones to 50
    3. Either make all bosses in irotp count toward to last stage or change irotp lockout reset twice like rhen of fate on nightmare tide
    4. Make all ingame activities rewarding captured intel with that way even IAs will get some attention
    5. Lower gear upgrade processes on T1 equipment to 5 or 6 weeks
    6. Also rework on T2 drop upgrade paths since 4 cells for 1 piece is almost impossible with killing 3 bosses per week making it worser than actually killing a boss 10x times for upgrading piece
    Last edited by Xio Narius; 11-11-2017 at 10:23 PM. Reason: typo
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    Some Gadgets tweaks
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch
    Current state of game:

BMX
    Rift Disciple

How about bringing requirements into reason in the first place?
    Steepening the grind has lead to the expansion of one thing in particular, that being the
    "Active Player Crisis". It seems, every time there is a version update a new punishment is being deployed instead of a new approach based on the roots of Rift as a whole.

Again, what can we, the community do to assist in making the game a pleasure once more?
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Stop grind means to leave the game. Without grind you only can do dimensions & role play. People complain because they used to love the game, but currently you have binary choice: to grind or to move to something else.
    I've been playing this game and similar for years and I've never grinded anything in any of them. So no, it isn't a choice between grind or leave unless one chooses to make it so.

By the way, upon further experimentation with the *HOLY CRAP THE PLANES ARE INVADING* things in the Planetouched Wilds:

Shal Korva: Earth invasions (butcherable) - wardstone appears at 10302 5976
    Ovog: Air invasions (butcherable) - wardstone appears at 9236 1081
    Woe: Death invasions (not butcherable) - wardstone appears at 9370 4993
    Jad: Earth invasions (butcherable) - wardstone appears at 11663 5751
    Khort: Air invasions (butcherable) - wardstone appears at 9697 7070
    *Sky Fishery does not appear to have one

NOTE: These will spawn a central wardstone (requiring 3 charges to make, and 3 more to upgrade), 4 turrets (4 charges to upgrade), and 2 healing sourcewells (instead of the usual 4, at least for all the ones OTHER than Shal Korva) (4 charges to upgrade).

(And for the Air and Death ones, YES, they count toward the "Defeat 200 Invasions" to upgrade weapons/gear!)
    Last edited by Samuraiko; 11-13-2017 at 10:39 PM. Reason: waypoints added

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Thanks Samuraiko. Updated.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Thankya, Samuaiko!

I've been more than lazy about the planar crafted upgrade path.

Grind, grumble, grind!
    Banned

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    I've been playing this game and similar for years and I've never grinded anything in any of them. So no, it isn't a choice between grind or leave unless one chooses to make it so.
    Thus, leaving the choice of progress or stagnation?
    Banned

"Can't be king of the world, if you are slave to the grind."

Rift is a game that caters to players that are full time invested. Returning players and latecommers on the other hand are not catered to (enough). Especially for a F2P game this is an issue.

For now all you can do as a player is to figure out what is mandatory and what is optional for your ambitions.
    Last edited by Ongar; 11-12-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    currently whole skill system is built on eternal procs and if you don't have this procs you will not do any dps.
    Yes, I saw that.
    I don't see DPS improvement with gear. Being full T1 makes minimal difference. Even maxing CP.
    Getting the eternal makes your DPS double.
    This is not balanced, and this is not good, because it makes any new gear worthless. Why raid, why farm, why improve your gear if you don't see any result, only because you don"t have this eternal weapon maxed?
    It is far worse that waiting for one drop, because before you had all other pieces to contribute to improve your character. Now there is only one, with the eternal you could be in greens and make big numbers.

I know this post will be discarded but here is few suggestions also coming from me;
    Remove wicket and replace it with some item you must buy with 100k celestial remnants or 1500 credits
    NO.
    Don't replace time by money. Give an alternate way.
    I made a suggestion to choose between wicket, or the 3 particles quests (15-20-25), so people who can't do the particles do wicket, and those who don't like the minion can skip it with the jump thing.
    The 100k celestial item could be another option. Not credits.

Either count all expert dungeons from previous to count towards or lower current expansion ones to 50
    Either make all bosses in irotp count toward to last stage or change irotp lockout reset twice like rhen of fate on nightmare tide
    Make all ingame activities rewarding captured intel with that way even IAs will get some attention
    Lower gear upgrade processes on T1 equipment to 5 or 6 weeks
    Also rework on T2 drop upgrade paths since 4 cells for 1 piece is almost impossible with killing 3 bosses per week making it worser than actually killing a boss 10x times for upgrading piece
    All these are good ideas.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 11-12-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Yes, I saw that.
    Don't replace time by money. Give an alternate way.
    I made a suggestion to choose between wicket, or the 3 particles quests (15-20-25), so people who can't do the particles do wicket, and those who don't like the minion can skip it with the jump thing.
    The 100k celestial item could be another option. Not credits.
    I put credits since many options ingame can be purchasable like this and also we know that wicket is one of the most popular to force people to spend credits ingame like recharging its stamina back etc, thats why i added there, clearly 100k celestial remnants farmable in 2 weeks even as new player, thats why I put it there or player can skip this whole process , I know its pay2win but still better than waiting wicket while still paying it but I'm totally against of pay2win still.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    Some Gadgets tweaks
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch
    Current state of game:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast