+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Griefing NMR - curious if this is reportable or not? thoughts?

Default Griefing NMR - curious if this is reportable or not? thoughts?

Was just discussing this with a few people.. Had a person (shall rename nameless in this thread) at our Open World NM rift and intentionally standing in red, taking all the power-ups and jumping around like a lunatic, trying to fail the rift.. I am sure you have all seen this type or similar types of activity before in NMRs.

I was wondering if this should be reported or not.. I had a few people say Trion wouldn't do anything about it, then others saying yes to report it.

Thoughts? Any dev response would be nice as well. I realize it is open world, but intentional griefing I thought was against the rules.. Brings me back to an incident regarding the Sea of Ladon and people pulling the boss out of the rift into the water deliberately.

Anyways, comments welcomed.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

I would start by reporting the person doing it. They also put in instanced versions of NMRs partly for this reason so it's just you and the other 19 people in there doing it. Granted most people just want to leech and zerg it for free planarite so you'll be hard pressed to find groups actually doing it this way, but it's always an option.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I would start by reporting the person doing it. They also put in instanced versions of NMRs partly for this reason so it's just you and the other 19 people in there doing it. Granted most people just want to leech and zerg it for free planarite so you'll be hard pressed to find groups actually doing it this way, but it's always an option.
    Oh yea, don't get me wrong.. the instanced ones are good since you can control them, however now that the 5/6 don't scale, it is easier to get them to 300 in open world, but, with people like this, they can cause you to fail and do it intentionally. Imagine someone taking all 4 powerups and just run around jumping and doing nothing? To me, that is griefing
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

It is griefing and you shouldn't feel bad for reporting it.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

I used to play VK tank and pull mobs far away from rift and hide them behind rocks...those were the great times.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread