+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 8 Post By Holyroller12
  • 1 Post By Genshiken
  • 1 Post By Cenderze
  • 2 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By Poshy
  • 1 Post By Happysack

Thread: Please add Capture Intel to random dungeon ques.

Default Please add Capture Intel to random dungeon ques.

I asked this on the livestream and was told to point out for other devs to see. I wasn't aware of Clowd's post here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...s-content.html in suggestions, but I had been talking among my own guild members since the patch launched and like i'm sure most of you know it's far too much grinding. If we can't have everything on clowd's list then we at least need this.

Intel is now required to best in slot crafted pieces, trinkets, essences and now T2 gear. All of the VP dailies only give you 30 intel which if the sets of dailies are done everyday for 7 days in a row (without bonuses) then that's barely over 1000 intel you're getting when you easily need 89k for the crafted pieces alone. Events give about 200, but that's only if events are up. Raid rifts will net you almost 4k if you do a farm group and only if it's all iron legion so that you can pop a 160 vial. That also heavily depends on bonuses and with the assumption you don't wipe too much, people don't leave or someone doesn't pop their lure in a timely manner.

All of these things combined make it enormously unproductive to grind intel this way. Those who really put in a lot of time and work to do it can and will, but that's not the majority of people. Adding in 200 per random que will not only cut a lot of that grind out, but it will also add in more variety vs losing your mind over doing VP dailies and will add more people back into ques which helps others who are still behind on their eternal grind or are just starting it. In turn the weeklies should give more than they currently do.

You can argue that people can just not collect the intel and instead stockpile it in their rift bag, but that's even more more work you have to put into it and i've heard too many horror stories of people auto looting them (even with it turned off) and having it go to waste without a vial or some kind of bonus on.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

+1 for your paint skills and the idea
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

+1 This is something I too can get behind.

Rift Disciple

Make dungeons great again! +1

200,,, seems too high. With patron bonus, that's over 300 per.

Rift Chaser

While they are at that...
    Add raid marks to the weekly quests (like they had in NMT)
    Add mark currency to random chronicle que (like NMT had)

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    Intel is an open world currency and that's generally been the the go to number for those currencies in the past. Any lower and it wouldn't really be worth it at that point unless they plan on adding it to everything else that clowd listed out too.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

The grind is killing me. I support this idea!
    Kungfubanana~Koreancowgirl~Buffypaprika~Supermercado~Donkeythong

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    That's tagging two zone events. Granted ZEs are random pops so not quite as efficient but you can sit there afk then do 2 sec work to tag them whereas you'd actually have to do stuff to get the instance rewards. Also if it's tied to the random bonus and not the IRC system and the 200 that was suggested you could only farm 2k(before bonuses) with patron a week this way anyway.

I support this. There is no incentive at all to do experts. The only reason to even consider it (if not going Gyel to upgrade cape or something) is that you get 50 Tower fragments to buy fragments with. But with the low amount rewarded combined with the minimal chance at a good fragments doing experts is just a waste of time.

200 Intel seems like a good incentive. Between events there isnt much to do and we all know how important those intels are
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

The amount of non-rewarding grind got me resenting any type of content besides dimensioning. It just isn't fun anymore and I personally don't see any incentives or reasons to do anything until it becomes enjoyable and rewarding again. So whatever gets the job done - I'm all for it.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Maybe they could add some more quests or increase the number from rares/caches but I hope they don't add them to SPEs. I'd rather they reduce the number needed for the eternal quest honestly, I really don't want to do more of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Intel is an open world currency and that's generally been the the go to number for those currencies in the past. Any lower and it wouldn't really be worth it at that point unless they plan on adding it to everything else that clowd listed out too.
    I thought about it over night, and your right Holyroller,, it is a good number. Not only another way to get the currency, but more people would do the SPE's again, and people that still need the 100 for the eternal, would have a much quicker time getting groups..

Default This

I support his idea. When you need so many thousand intel to get anything the grind of getting so few per quest reward is discouraging.

Shadowlander

Default Please add Capture Intel

Ok, I managed to get the crafted item upgrade to the second to the last upgraded and all the rest. but really 40K Capture Intel per the trinket and crafted item, then 4.5 K per T2 gear item.

Ok i have a real Life and a 50 hour week IT Job I don't have that kind of time. you guys need to change the requirement for Captured Intel.

+ Reply to Thread