+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree86Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.3 Quickstart Guide

Any word on whether eternal armor (not weapons) will have an upgrade tier or a way to reach 325 hit (for the pieces with hit) ? Or will the crafted stuff/t2 drops now be better than eternal armor?
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    Reminder again: Captured Intel needed to buy a Stellar Trigger will be dropping from Bastion of Steel. Though we do not know how much.
    I think a lot of people are thoroughly done with the grind at this point.
    Last edited by Shanoah; 10-24-2017 at 07:05 PM.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

You've gotta be kidding me, I already hated the crafted grind the first time around. This is nuts.

Crafted gear should be the catch up mechanic, not the BiS. BiS should come from raids and PvP.

Please look at classic and Storm Legion as the correct way to go about things. This whole expansion has been one godawful idea after another.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    You've gotta be kidding me, I already hated the crafted grind the first time around. This is nuts.

Crafted gear should be the catch up mechanic, not the BiS. BiS should come from raids and PvP.

Please look at classic and Storm Legion as the correct way to go about things. This whole expansion has been one godawful idea after another.
    That's exact what i thought!
    While Not necessary from PVP, but RAIDS Definitely. Which is why i never completed the weapon chain and crafting upgrade because i'm here to RAID.

ps. I mean even 3.0's gear upgrade system was much better than the current ones.
    Last edited by MisakaMikoto; 10-24-2017 at 08:12 PM.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Plane Walker

I can't wait to see the Grind to upgrade the event necklace.......

Rift Master

Yea normally I don't mind grinding to min/max but this is getting beyond ridiculous and this will be something I'll most likely be skipping.
    I get that you want to prolong the "content" as long as possible to buy yourselves more time to make the next batch of content with the skeleton crew of devs that are left but at a certain point people will just look at it and say "nope, not doing it" which means that grind you hoped would be a filler isn't even going to serve that purpose cuz people are gonna refuse to engage in it.

Shadowlander

Thumbs down stormseed

After along time playing this game I have come to the conclusion Trion have lost the plot, it used to be great but now with all this 100 of this 300 of that then more of those stupid cosmic particles what a recipe for disaster, My biggest beef is the nerfing of good character's to the point where they are just rubbish to play, Get your finger out Trion the damn has almost broken use you brains for a change please

I honestly thought things couldn't get any worse, but with all the recent changes (pvp, pve, the grind, plat sinks, paywalls) combined with ignoring every single thing the community was begging for content-wise and design-wise... I am officially done with all content except for the one thing that is somehow still afloat - dimensions. That is, until the need to "optimize" it will seem like a good idea to the decision makers, and then I am probably going to be done with it as well.

Seeing the game I love so much turn into this thing I don't recognize anymore is just heartbreaking.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Well guys ... it has come to that point for me. I will continue to play, but I am done on these forums for reasons that are well understood by anyone who has been here a while. The grind is also killing my interest in the game as well. If not for my guild I would be off in greener pastures. I might see what those guys/gals are thinking.

I will carry on nibbling at the upgrades I guess, and to paraphrase Victor Kruger... "It is better to fade away than to burn out." Yeah, that sounded way better in the original.

*EDIT* Oh, of course I will put my hand up for freebie giveaways when those threads come around >.>
    Last edited by Linolea; 10-25-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Well guys ... it has come to that point for me. I will continue to play, but I am done on these forums for reasons that are well understood by anyone who has been here a while. The grind is also killing my interest in the game as well. If not for my guild I would be off in greener pastures. I might see what those guys/gals are thinking.
    Just quit playing. Not using the forums has 0 weigh on Trion.

Anybody who dislikes the way the game going AND continues playing you've your self to blame. This was me for the last couple months but this patch being a glorified hotfix is just too much.

People who like the direction the game is going. I suggest you play some mobile games; they'll scratch the same itch.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Just quit playing. Not using the forums has 0 weigh on Trion.

Anybody who dislikes the way the game going AND continues playing you've your self to blame. This was me for the last couple months but this patch being a glorified hotfix is just too much.

People who like the direction the game is going. I suggest you play some mobile games; they'll scratch the same itch.
    This times 100. I wonder how many people who rightfully complained about the blatant cash grab called Mystic Archer will end up buying it anyway, thus rewarding Trion for spending their time making it rather than bugfixing and balancing.

One disagreement though: this patch isnt even a glorified hotfix with all the stuff it breaks instead of fixing them, just take a look at the contents:
    - Mystic Archer: broken and thus not yet available
    - Autumn harvest: Neck with completely wrong stats (does Trion even look at that stuff before throwing it at us?)
    - Store "improvements": Broken display of already bought items
    - New Dimension: Too bad the dimension UI now crashes
    - New Raid: Lockouts on trash, plus probably countless boss bugs that have yet to be discovered.

Not one single item contained in this patch was without bugs. So much for "polished patches".

Balance is still down in the dumps, and the notion that a few changes to eternal weapons will make it any better is just absurd. This in turn is making the new raid either impossible for balanced groups or trivial for groups stacking leather wearers.

Personally, Rift was my first full scale MMO, which I started back in 2011, a few months after launch and was instantly hooked. Yet, finally but sadly, Trion has succeeded in making me into a new Blizzard customer, driving me to a game I had to this day not played for even a single minute.
    Last edited by qUiXui; 10-26-2017 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Typo
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>
    Inactive

Rift Chaser

Default Linolea I have a guild but have not actually played in a year...

The lack of raiding when the expansion first came out and all the raiders leaving my guild was a turning point for me. The grind for the eternal weapon was the icing on the cake. I went to another game- formed a guild there too- and collected some refugees from my guild in Rift and recruited some new players. I added a Rift GL from a trusted Officer- and he is doing fine. The guild goes on- but there are no more guild runs. I log in to check on it about 2 times a week- to bring them up to speed on things like Mystic Archer- and now this crafting thing. But playtime? No. Money spent? No. I was silver tier too. I miss the old Rift, my old raiding days, and many friends who have left. It is sad. I will stick around for those who play in my guild in Rift- but the other GL will have to actually play with them.

Rift Disciple

Really at this point what can one say but....So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    Last edited by Daementia; 10-26-2017 at 05:41 AM.
    C is for Cookie.... that's good enough for me!

Dimensions by Xaii@Greybriar: Inventor's Conservatory, Sky Haven, The Four Seasons, Ancient Alien Theorists Suggest, Riftwarts Express, Tea House, Chateau de Bonne Chance, and Guild Hall for Phoenix Ascending (Tuldio Sun Orb)

Sad days ahead folks, sad days ahead. What happened to the good ol days? I feel like the game is coming to a handful of people working on it and making mistake after mistake and a handful of us left playing with their mistakes.
    "Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Grievance -- Rift

The grind is awful for just one character as it is. Consider people who play alts. The cost of the crafted items have gotten way out of hand now, and it needs to be addressed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3