• 2 Post By Hepatits
  • 3 Post By Bamul
  • 1 Post By Bobtheskull
  • 2 Post By Hewi
  • 1 Post By dundare

Thread: BiS Crafted Gear in T2 content

Default BiS Crafted Gear in T2 content

Okay, the questions up front...

1. Will the current BiS Helm and Ranged crafted gear still be BiS compared to T2 gear and will it be getting another upgrade layer?
    2. Assuming it does get another upgrade layer, will the previous layers get condensed a bit?
    3. The materials needed are starting to spiral pretty heavily. Any chance we can cap what's needed so we don't end up with an unrealistic grind?

Supporting Data for current upgrade path (Active upgrades excluded. Source Magelo.)

Chondritic Helmet
    4xCelestial Matrix (800P)
    60xBolidium Bar
    25xStarhide Leather
    25xAhnkite
    3xVisionary Metal Amender (300P)

Infused Chondritic Helmet
    3xCelestial Matrix (600P)
    3xVisionary Metal Amender (300P)

Energized Chondritic Helmet
    5xCelestial Matrix (1,000P)
    4xProphetic Metal Amender (400P+160k Planarite[One upgrade costs 2x 20k Plan. attuners])
    1000xPlanar Pellets

Ethereal Chondritic Helmet
    8xCelestial Matrix (1,600P)
    8xProphetic Metal Amender (800P+320k Planarite)
    2xTenebrean Engine

Full Upgrade Costs (5,800 Plat+480,000 Planarite)
    20xCelestial Matrix (4,000P)
    18xAmenders (1,800P+480,000 Planarite)
    60xBolidium Bar
    25xStarhide Leather
    25xAhnkite
    1000xPlanar Pellets
    2xTenebrean Engine
    Plus all your active upgrades but they're not that bad in general.

So 11,600 Platinum and 960,000 Planarite to fully upgrade both helm and ranged.

Note: This doesn't calculate if you farmed your Celestials or needed to upgrade motes.
    Last edited by Hepatits; 10-13-2017 at 04:46 AM.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

BMX
    Rift Disciple

So, peeps can either participate in game or hang out at the pawn shop and buy the mats...
    On the real question, will the Planar Crafted gear be viable... That remains to be seen.
    Can't believe after all we do to upgrade that the devs would nerf it.

Likely another upgrade layer would be added to keep it relevant.
    Banned

Plane Walker

I miss the times when I only had to raid to get to the best equip

It's interesting to think this could go on and on for this expansion. I think it has to stop eventually. I don't think anyone is going to complain if they eventually make a drop that is better. Otherwise it's just going to get ridiculously silly, especially for alts.

Maybe a requirement to kill something in TD or the new raid would be better for the upgrade. /Shrug these things are just awkward no matter what.
    Last edited by Refuge; 10-12-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    It's interesting to think this could go on and on for this expansion. I think it has to stop eventually. I don't think anyone is going to complain if they eventually make a drop that is better. Otherwise it's just going to get ridiculously silly, especially for alts.

Maybe a requirement to kill something in TD or the new raid would be better for the upgrade. /Shrug these things are just awkward no matter what.
    agreed and as I recall the devs only promised they would be BIS until T2.....well its T2

just because something takes a lot of work doesn't mean it should stay BIS forever...we already have the Eternals getting constant upgrade path extentions (presumably to the end of the expansion)

gear gets replaced with better gear, that's how it works.... although I did like how it helped to keep crafting relevant in end game I wouldn't mind seeing new T2 equivalent recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    <snip>
    Supporting Data for current upgrade path (Active upgrades excluded. Source Magelo.)
    --
    Thanks for the article Hepatitis, may we have the link when you have a chance, could not locate the data. Thanks,

Anything to keep crafting relevant, albeit only slightly, is appreciated. I have every gathering and crafting skill maxxed and all planar etc recipes, and yet the only things I make are enhancements for raiding purposes. The monthly calendar rewards even made dream orb crafting redundant.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Otherwise it's just going to get ridiculously silly, especially for alts.
    It was ridiculous for alts a long time ago, and has been steadily getting worse. It'd be different if something like frags were in something similar to a focus or sigil with specific slots, like 2x greater and 4x lesser. Make something similar for both left and right side, then make each slot only take the correct plane as the frags on gear works now - make that BoA and maybe it'll be heading in the right direction.

Crafted gear + eternal on alts? Sure, some people have the time. That's an epic level of ridiculous to be required in order to gear an alt though.

Edit: Sorry to derail the thread a bit, Hep.
    Last edited by Hewi; 10-12-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    --
    Thanks for the article Hepatitis, may we have the link when you have a chance, could not locate the data. Thanks,
    Start here and pick your main stat.Once you find your Chondritic sort through your upgrade path. Magelo doesn't show the active upgrade path for some reason. Just the materials required.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Quote Originally Posted by Hewi View Post
    It was ridiculous for alts a long time ago, and has been steadily getting worse. It'd be different if something like frags were in something similar to a focus or sigil with specific slots, like 2x greater and 4x lesser. Make something similar for both left and right side, then make each slot only take the correct plane as the frags on gear works now - make that BoA and maybe it'll be heading in the right direction.

Crafted gear + eternal on alts? Sure, some people have the time. That's an epic level of ridiculous to be required in order to gear an alt though.

Edit: Sorry to derail the thread a bit, Hep.
    No need to apologize. Sort of what I was asking TBH. Just requesting a shorter upgrade path since it's been out and is obviously a large plat/planarite sink.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord

Rift Chaser

I really wish we could just go back to how gear used to work.

Whatever their reasons, this has made nothing better for anyone and just leads to speculation that it is all about their bottom lines.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Anything to keep crafting relevant, albeit only slightly, is appreciated.
    I hope, there will be a next step in 4.3.

+ Reply to Thread