+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Monthly Sparkle Quest/500 Sparkles/Reward

Default Monthly Sparkle Quest/500 Sparkles/Reward

So I just cashed in my monthly Sparkle Quest of 500 Sparkles.
    Broke my heart that it was one that I already have (Smolder Steel Gloves of the Hero).
    I already have two of the Steel Series, the gloves and the belt.
    Can't sell the extra one on AH so a month of work with basically nothing to show for it.
    Seems like this could be set to give you something you don't have yet.
    Really hurts my motivation to play as much or try as hard. Just me.
    Today is October 9th and now I have to wait until November to get a chance to go through it all over again to MAYBE not get another double.

I think the excitement of turning in the quest matches the disappointment of the reward sometimes, at least for me, and in this instance.

Love the game but sometimes it brutalizes us.

IMO noone forces you to grind the 500 sparkles and you have a whole month time. I finish mine only every 2-3 months because I don't grind for it, but you always get sparkles here and there.

If it would always drop something you “need“, I see the following problems:
    - You have a Preserver belt as a DPSer but would rather have an Overlord one. In order to drop a belt from Sparkle chest you need to destroy your Preserver belt? If not and every stat roll counts as one item, that also wouldn't change much to your problem.
    - People would try to minmax and noone would buy chest/legs anymore to try to get a chance on those expensive pieces. If you take store gear out the loot calculation, you still have your original problem (you have a store belt and drop a hero belt, GG)

IMO they should at least add TDNM loot to the loot table and, give an alternate option to pick 2 engines instead of the sparkle box.

Also in NT the sparkle reward was also changed to always drop the highest tier, so it might already be T2 gear in November.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | Heroes of Telara Discord | Extra Life 2017

>>> MONTHLY RIFT GIVEAWAYS <<<

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I appreciate your informative feedback.
    I'll need time to digest the info/angles.
    Think I need to quit taking "rolls of the dice" quite so personal.
    Reset Mindthink.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Tag Unstable Artifacts events, only need to collect one unstable in each one and make sure you're mentored down to the appropriate zone level when each one ends.

I've already completed this monthly in first week just from mostly Unstables and some Vostigar bosses, easy peasy.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Tag Unstable Artifacts events, only need to collect one unstable in each one and make sure you're mentored down to the appropriate zone level when each one ends.

I've already completed this monthly in first week just from mostly Unstables and some Vostigar bosses, easy peasy.

Do you have to be mentored down when the event ends or just when you pick up the Unstable Artifact?

Champion

I quit the game for a year over this very issue, got the same items 3 months in a row on 3 chars.
    Last edited by tirza; 10-11-2017 at 06:55 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    Do you have to be mentored down when the event ends or just when you pick up the Unstable Artifact?
    When the Event ends so keep an eye on the first Event you do, if you're not Mentored to within the appropriate level of thew zone when it ends, you wouldn't get sparkles as a reward.

I usually just pop a vial when i see an Event starting, then do all Events in next 30 mins, then mentor down to level 20 and just chill for another 30 mins until all Events are back.

Plane Walker

I realize it's frustrating, but how can you possibly complain about getting a chance at the best gear in the game. Just for going quests and experts.

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    I realize it's frustrating, but how can you possibly complain about getting a chance at the best gear in the game. Just for going quests and experts.
    It is not the best gear now, and very soon it will be bad gear (and don't expect sparkles to be changed with T2 release).
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    It is not the best gear now, and very soon it will be bad gear (and don't expect sparkles to be changed with T2 release).
    Well it should, otherwise what’s the point of doing the sparkle quest...?
    Nereius@Faeblight

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ailell View Post
    Exactly, there is no point in sparkles. If you raiding - you have much better way to get T1 gear, if you not raiding, how you would be upgrading gear which require boss kills? And what the point of non upgraded gear without set bonus? Only eternal gear make sense as sparkles reward in current rift.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ailell View Post
    Regardless, it doesn't change my point. If your a raider amd your depending on sparkles chests , you doing something wrong. If your anyone else it's awesome. Me for example. I'm a returning casual player ( about a month now) I did patron just to help me get going in my first month back. The sparkles is a nice bonus, yes it would stink to get a double, but again were back to my point.

I think this is a valid conversation.
    I know personally i have gotten duplicates from it and it is kinda like a big *BUST* however, there should also be no direct line in getting great items as well, but the other day, i had one item on an alt from iROTP - literally only one which was the trinket, and guess what i got from the sparkles quest - yes, the trinket again lol

I do think something should/could be done about it, but not sure how to make it fair. Doing all those events does take a lot of time and can take a long time to complete, but at the same time i don't think you should be able to pick any item you want/need.

Perhaps you could make a RE-ROLL option for it (one re-roll per month) which might cost marks/plat/planarite. I really don't know, but i do see both sides of this argument. I personally do NOT focus on the sparkle quest anymore because i have been let down with dupes too many times
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Just had to say that I am surprised and impressed by the controversy that this thread has generated.
    And just to add, this is the second time I received a Sparkle Quest duplicate.
    So feel the frustration.
    I am not meaning to whine, by any means...

Thanx
    Last edited by Featherrock; 10-11-2017 at 08:01 PM.

I suggested a workaround some time ago. The sparkle quest can be random, but flag slots as not to be given once they have been won. For example, month one you get pants, month two a pair of gloves, then by month three neither of those two slots should be available (for that role... DPS or tank, depending what you chose) and so on. That way even a filthy casual gets a full set eventually. A new tier would be out by then, but you get the drift. There might have to be two flags for rings and earrings, but I think it would be an improved system.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast