+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Monthly Sparkle Quest/500 Sparkles/Reward

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    I suggested a workaround some time ago. The sparkle quest can be random, but flag slots as not to be given once they have been won. For example, month one you get pants, month two a pair of gloves, then by month three neither of those two slots should be available (for that role... DPS or tank, depending what you chose) and so on. That way even a filthy casual gets a full set eventually. A new tier would be out by then, but you get the drift. There might have to be two flags for rings and earrings, but I think it would be an improved system.
    Why to fix system only for filthy casuals? They don't need raid gear anyway. At least in current state sparkles are fair - they are useless for everybody.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    When the Event ends so keep an eye on the first Event you do, if you're not Mentored to within the appropriate level of thew zone when it ends, you wouldn't get sparkles as a reward.

I usually just pop a vial when i see an Event starting, then do all Events in next 30 mins, then mentor down to level 20 and just chill for another 30 mins until all Events are back.
    my strategy for Unstables for sparkles is to use YARET and start from the highest level zone and move down thru the zones showing unstable events up. Starting from SL zones moving down to Mathosia. I usually can get 6 or 7 events this way before the first one is ready to finish. I mentor down as I go, so that I'm always at or below the zone I just visited. Maybe not the maximum return for time, but at least you don't have to mentor so frequently and keep track of event ending times.

I don't typically rush through farming sparkles, I tend to only do this if the month is near ending and I'm under 100 sparkles to go.

As far as the rewards go - it does say random. Random sucks most of the time for me. But I got an IROTP Vindicator robe out of one of my boxes, so the other fails kind of make that worth it. The likelihood of me seeing better before t2 is minimal. So, I'll take it. I never looked at sparkles as anything other than a secondary chance at loot, raids being primary. I wish this quest existed during SL, I'm not gonna lie (I didn't play most of NT), I don't really think it needs any changes to the way it works.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    I think this is a valid conversation.
    I know personally i have gotten duplicates from it and it is kinda like a big *BUST* however, there should also be no direct line in getting great items as well, but the other day, i had one item on an alt from iROTP - literally only one which was the trinket, and guess what i got from the sparkles quest - yes, the trinket again lol
    I did the 70 sparkle quest for the first time last month. And guess what I got? yes, a duplicate. Only piece from iROTP I already had, gloves. Exactly same, suffix included.
    So it seems it is the same randomness as for fragments. Expect it to give you most times things you already have/ don't need.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Plane Walker

Maybe they can add a trade in program, every double you can trade in for a token. Then you can have a token cost based on the rarity of the items. Example, gloves and belt are 2, chest and legs 4 ECT ect.

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    Maybe they can add a trade in program, every double you can trade in for a token. Then you can have a token cost based on the rarity of the items. Example, gloves and belt are 2, chest and legs 4 ECT ect.
    Sorry to be blunt, but the game needs another currency like I need another hole in my head.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Plane Touched

I would like to point out the controversy over the sparkle quest when it first appeared, and that was simply that having to gather 500/mo is simply too much in time for many players to even think about wanting to grind out.. also that much grinding is a chore, which isn't gaming, which should be fun.

In it's response to this Trion admittedly stated they prob went a bit too far in asking players to have to handle such a grind and future sparkle quests may likely be lowered to something like 300, a number much more reachable by average and casual players. ..

another thing Trion simply never cared enough to change for them. I personally don't do them because they are such a long real time having to sit on my butt grind wishing i had more freedom to do something else is NOT appealing.

For that matter neither are the rest of the awfully lengthy grinds. The eternal weapon thing for example. Kill 100 of this, do 200 of those things, etc etc etc .. nope, not appealing at all.

In defence of the 500 sparkles (sorta), they are rewarded by many of the activities in game that an active player would be doing anyway, such as some of the weeklies, zone events etc. Not saying 500 ain't a lot, but given it can be knocked over in a weekend of patron artefact vials and shard hopping...

My main doesn't need the rewards anymore so I don't push it, and my alt got the last type of jewellery she could wear, but that was after running the quest into the second month. I treat it like a bonus for doing things I would have done anyway.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Rift Master

I don't think I have ever finished a sparkle quest in a month (unless I had some sparkle bags to help me along). Don't think of this as a monthly quest and just as a bonus for doing what you are already doing. If it takes you 2, 3, 4 or more months to finish the quest so be it.

When sparkles was introduced during Fae Yule some year ago it was 500 sparkles and it was a weekly. I Believe it ran for 3 weeks and it was by the time T1 I Think were just released so everyone needed a bunch of items. 500 a week was a wee bit too much. 500 a month is not that many though. Just do regular stuff and if need be some unstable events.

I dont do it regularly but that is because I dont need the gear/I cant be arsed to kill bosses 10 more weeks in order to upgrade a piece I already have upgraded.

It is just a bonus after all.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (1/3 BoS)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2