+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing the new “Heroes of Telara“ RIFT Community Discord!

Cool Introducing the new “Heroes of Telara“ RIFT Community Discord!

Greetings Telarans,

As the previous RIFT Community Discord was shut down, we decided to convert the <Skins on Farm> Discord server to a new place to hang out for the whole RIFT community. With the name we went oldschoolcool – “Heroes of Telara”, the old WIP title of the game, which we think is nowadays is a proper name for our awesome community!

Why did we convert the Discord instead of making a new one?
    • It aready was one of the biggest public RIFT discord servers before (~500 members)
    • It is owned and will be moderated by RIFT content creators
    • Some of the RIFT devs already joined our server

The conversion of the server will start today and we hope to be finished with changing all the roles, channels & permissions until the end of this weekend.

As with any fresh project, nothing is set in stone yet, so feel free to send us ideas and feedback via DM.

We would also thank Kiwi for all her efforts with the previous RIFT community Discord, the way she structured it and handled such a big community was amazing and is a paradigm for our successor.

Last edited by Seshatar; 09-14-2017 at 09:13 AM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Sounds awesome Seshatar! I am available to assist with building this as needed with my experience in both Discord and as a fellow member of the community.

I know Biscuits is trying his best to build a new community discord as well, which I am working with as well. I believe there is room to grow and work together, since we all want the exact same thing - a Rift community discord that is focused on Rift, where both players and devs feel welcome to constructively discuss the game and share our thoughts, ideas, and creations.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

It has me listed as Slipmat@Gelidra, i smell haxx !!

Default invite to discord

"The instant invite is invalid or has expired" and after that message it will not connect to Discord......... LOL
    Last edited by alira2; 09-14-2017 at 08:42 AM. Reason: adding info
    WB: ~~ Roguekitty & Smugkitty ~~
    EU: ~~ Alirakitty@Gelidra ~~
    PRIME: ~~ Alira (D) ~~
    "If we weren't all crazy we would all go insane!"

Quote Originally Posted by alira2 View Post
    "The instant invite is invalid or has expired" and after that message it will not connect to Discord......... LOL
    Fixed it!

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Update: We are done with the main part of the conversion! Thanks to all those that helped with ideas and suggestions.

If you find any bugs, please report them here or directly via DM to the Admins. Feedback, positive or negative, is also highly appreciated!

Let's make this a great and drama free place to stay and fill it with life!
    Last edited by Seshatar; 09-14-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Small update:

- We reached 550 members!
    - New channel categories for a better overview
    - Guild leaders of medium and large sized guilds got their own rank with the following perks
    • Shown separately in the user list in the “rare-blue” color
    • Can advertise their guild once every 30 days in the guild recruitment channels
    - VIPs (Trion Creators and special community members) got their own rank with the following perks
    • Shown separately in the user list in the “epic-purple” color
    • Access to the VIP-lounge channel to brainstorm with other creators about current and future projects
    • Can choose one custom emote to be uploaded on the server for everyone to use
    • RIFT Creators who stream on twitch get automated go-live announcements in the streams channel
    -We are also recruiting additional mods that want to help working on this Discord for the RIFT community! If you are interested, DM me!

If you have any feedback, ideas or want to actively help to build up the server, please feel free to DM me or post them here!

This is also a very nice discord. They have set up a nice place for dimension chat

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    This is also a very nice discord. They have set up a nice place for dimension chat
    Thank you for the feedback. We also added channel categories & new channels based on the feedback recently.

We're close to 600 members now and welcome every friendly RIFT player on our channel! We also offer special ranks and permissions for content creators & guild leaders, so if you're looking to promote your RIFT content or recruit for your guild, feel free to DM me after joining the server!

Soulwalker

Smile

There is also an EU and NA trade channel which proves a bit more effective than world chat at times!

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    We're close to 600 members now and welcome every friendly RIFT player on our channel!
    Nice going, congratz.

Update 03.11.2017:
    • We now have a German and a French section on the Discord server!
    • To make sure everything goes well, we also started to translate some of the important sections such as welcome message and rules, and recruited 4 new moderators!
    • Desiria@Brutwacht and Tosty@Brutwacht will cover the moderation of the German section
    • Aguérante@Brisesol and Zh@Brisesol will cover the moderation of the French section

Welcome to the team!

Bump for those that recently came back and look for a Discord server to ask questions to the community!

Hey everyone, I'm here to let you know that this Discord is now under new ownership. I will be taking the reigns in Seshatar's stead as he transitions away from Rift for his own personal IRL reasons.

The Heroes of Telara discord shall remain a Rift focused discord, with the same policies and signup system. I welcome everyone, both old a new, to join us.

The Ghar Station Discord shall remain as a separate discord, as the community there grows to cover and discuss additional games. The Ghar Station Discord will remain THE place to go if you want the latest on Rift datamining!
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!

We have had a lot of newcomers to the Forums with the increased interest of Rift Prime. I invite you all to join us over at the Heroes of Telara discord for all things Rift and Rift Prime!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast