Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: DEV CHANNEL??

Rift Disciple

Default DEV CHANNEL??

DID ANYONE SAVE ALL THE UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL DEV FEEDBACK ON THE CHANNELS?! They're gone now! Gone! GOOOOOONE!

Shadowlander

Dev Channel ?
    be realistic let's try the impossible

Rift Disciple

they mean the Rift discord channels
    :: Natia :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

From the Rift community discord:

Hi @everyone This may or may not come as a shock, my apologies for any inconvenience but in a nutshell - too much drama and taking this channel, the efforts put in to maintain it and who uses it for granted.

Rift is still one of the most beautiful, ever changing games on the planet and I hope we all keep loving it and those who dedicate there lives making it. I just no longer feel good putting people I care about in harms way of toxic attitudes and deliberately insincere decisions made elsewhere that enable them.

As of now this channel is closed.

#rift-photo-album and #rift-wardrobe-album will remain visible until the end of the day in case anyone needs to retrieve anything.

Thank you to all of you who have appreciated being here, taken the time to enjoy. I appreciate you and wish you all the best.

See you out there where I'll still be sharing and loving on games with you like champions!

PEACE!
    Kelley AKA Kiwi
    To the point, any dev communications therein that have not been rounded up are currently and presumably permanently inaccessible. That's just part of the nature of third party sites.

Also RIP dev chatter roundups?

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Also RIP dev chatter roundups?
    Unless another things pops back up. RIP dev chatter roundups.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Ascendant

So much for using third party sites for communication.

DON'T FEAR, BISCUITS IS HERE!!!!

A few of us are trying to start a new community discord. Literally JUST made it, and setting it up now. No official rules or anything yet. We'll see how it goes. I'll make an official forum post when its done. Everyone is welcome now though

https://discord.gg/sKzNqah
    Last edited by Biscuitsyum; 09-13-2017 at 10:04 AM.
    *Fancy signature graphics followed by fancy looking Fonts with all the colors*
    BISCULTS@WOLFSBANE, GRAYSKULL Warrior lead and life coach

"I'll give YOU a punishing blow" - DarkDaemon 2016
    "If you're close to a guy, its a ok to do a little touching" - DarkDaemon 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitsyum View Post
    DON'T FEAR, BISCUITS IS HERE!!!!

A few of us are trying to start a new community discord. Literally JUST made it, and setting it up now. No official rules or anything yet. We'll see how it goes. I'll make an official forum post when its done. Everyone is welcome now though

https://discord.gg/sKzNqah
    Why not just default to ghar station's discord?
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Why not just default to ghar station's discord?
    The question is if the Ghar Station discord is a safe enough space that we might actually see some messaging from devs there or if it, like the forums, is deemed too "toxic" for that.
    !

Players are welcome to join The Ghar Station discord - https://discord.gg/d27Bg5W

All are welcome to join and discuss Rift. I'll even throw up a Dimensions section if the interest is there. Please understand that there is a dedicated rage chat for, well, raging and complaints and containing things there (this, admittedly, is why I can't and won't be trying to attract devs to it)

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    The question is if the Ghar Station discord is a safe enough space that we might actually see some messaging from devs there or if it, like the forums, is deemed too "toxic" for that.
    The rage chats make it too toxic for proper dev interaction, but it is also one of the things that a number of players there appreciate having - they can vent, and discuss things they are upset/angry/annoyed about.
    Last edited by Clowd; 09-13-2017 at 10:35 AM.

I just don't see why the other discord just can't be passed down to someone else willing to take on the responsibilities. It has well over 3k members and is already established with developers there. When the owner shuts down this server, all of this vanishes. I just don't get the drastic measures being taken.
    That channel has a direct line of communication with instant responses from the developers rather than waiting for days on the forums, if people need to tell them about bugs etc. that may be game-breaking so it was essential in many ways.
    The developers don't really want to be part of Ghar Station because it's not a place for everyone for said reasons above by Clowd which I completely understand and I'm not trying to discourage anyone from being there over the other place. It's just fact. The one being shut down had a much more friendly environment because it was monitored more with well laid out rules.
    Last edited by Carox; 09-13-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    <3 Your friendly RIFT community member,
    Carox

Rift Disciple

the person that shut it down gave no legit reason for doing so, not taking into consideration the large community that has formed over the time it was active. when theres thousands of members, its not "yours" anymore, theres a community attached to it. you dont want to run it anymore? pass it on. first the rift reddit fiasco, and now this
    Last edited by Natia; 09-13-2017 at 10:41 AM.
    :: Natia :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

Exactly. @Natia.
    <3 Your friendly RIFT community member,
    Carox

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast