+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Future Plans - questions for Trion

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Evidently, the current team isn't going the direction of a business plan to present to the stakeholders in order to request funding and additional personnel to make it all possible.
    It took them months to come up with a few paragraphs for a producer's letter, and now you want them to present a whole business plan? Oh come on...

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Default Future Plans - Questions for Trion (And suggestions)

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    It took them months to come up with a few paragraphs for a producer's letter, and now you want them to present a whole business plan? Oh come on...
    As a matter of fact, Yes, I do! After all, the current state of affairs requires a cash infusion and some other issues resolved. Such as personnel, and a vision and direction this game should be following.

So, my question to you is, How are you going to approach the stakeholders and request a budget? Seriously, there is a proper approach to gain a nod from stakeholders.

Without an infusion, Rift will be stuck in the paywall spin and lack of content etc. that it's been in since NT petered out.

Suggestions on a method of successfully approaching the stakeholders to obtain a viable budget to make Rift the best franchise possible could add greatly to the "future plans for Rift".
    Banned

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #63

We have some news coming soon(tm) and have continued to share status updates as they are available. Currently things like challenge servers and the next game updates are still being finalized, so until they are final-final, we can't share any news.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    We have some news coming soon(tm) and have continued to share status updates as they are available. Currently things like challenge servers and the next game updates are still being finalized, so until they are final-final, we can't share any news.
    Lol please go into your next meeting and scrap challenge servers & game updates, fix fragments, fix suffix RNG, fix IRC stupidity, fix raid bugs & god forbid class balance.

I am almost certain that 95% of the playerbase would agree with this.

I mean hello, http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...one-thing.html
    Last edited by Gilgad; 09-20-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Lol please go into your next meeting and scrap challenge servers & game updates, fix fragments, fix suffix RNG, fix IRC stupidity, fix raid bugs & god forbid class balance.

Munch is a repository of many things including but not limited to RIFT knowledge.

His primal bent and work with ATSIC are legendary. (at least in certain circles).

He has always been willing to help me out personally with specs and is the kind of guy when asked for a thin dime will give a cuz an entire dollar for the bus.

I was not aware of his work with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission. Onya Munch!
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Thanks for popping in here, Yaviey. We appreciate the post.

As Gilgad stated, there are many things needing resolution long before a "challenge server" is even a concept.

There are classes that have useless souls.
    There is a disparaging difference in class dps output that is wholly unacceptable.
    The raid bugs are needing attention.
    Server lag issues need some lovin.
    Paywalls need to be NERFED!

Many of us are very interested in seeing improvement to the game experience and know that Trion can do the job. This discord thing is distracting from the one place that many of us can take some time to read the latest, the Rift Forum...

I wonder if anyone (that matters) had seen the post re: business plan and seeking funding to bring in enough man power to actually be successful with the future offerings in Rift...
    Once implemented, the returning players might stick around for a while and give Trion/Rift a fair shake. From that point forward, the ball is in Trion's park. Keep the content great, kill the paywall and we'll buy credits, etc. All Trion needs to do is offer us, the community a reasonable VALUE and we'll gladly support ya's.
    Banned

Rift Disciple

i think what this game needs is a new box with some of these old mounts nicely reworked.

I agree with this post 100%. Most of the "if you could change one thing" thread are various repetitions of all the things listed here. The playerbase is really clear about what we're looking for, so I really hope that some of the TBA stuff comprises a list that looks exactly like this.

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Things considered "toxic" are questionable at best.

On to more important things...

Is there any consideration toward what the people writing the checks have said in numerous threads over the last year or so? If not, why on earth not? These people are more than glad to buy into patron etc. when they see VALUE is what they are paying for and receiving.

As stated, the current team is made up of some great people whom of which are spread far too thin to be efficient and effective in delivering what the masses are expecting. How difficult is it to get the team together and assign roles. BUSINESS PLAN! Present it to the stakeholders and request funding.

Roles needed

1. Director of game.
    2. World development .
    3. Class development.
    4. Raid development.
    5. PvP development.

With those positions filled and team members under them, there could be a phenomenal game experience and amazing content.

An expansion should be delivered with the following.

1. Excellent story line and leveling experience.
    2. New Experts (One based on each state of the new continent)
    3. New LFR in both 10 and 20 man
    4. New PvP based on several states in the new continent (or even a combination of states)
    5. Honest to God class balance.

What is old (no longer is it getting old, it is old) is the whining about primys when the other classes actually need to be buffed to current content and competitive.
    The nerfs are ancient, FIX the souls that have no purpose. Fix the damn classes already.

We, the community have been pleading with ya long enough.
    To work ya go!
    Banned

Agree with munch.

Think it would be really beneficial for trion to go to some type of player suggestion based approach for class balance, if not more than just that topic. Even a class balance suggestion forum area (and filter it to specific changes instead of the generic "ohmaigawd nerf primal").

Could even limit changes to easy to modify variables instead of core class functionalities. Then have some type of vote in forum to get players logging into the forums and participating. If it reaches a certain approval % and vote turnout it would get scheduled to be implemented. Or whatever process.

Giving players this route would be most likely a net good for trion because it would (hopefully) even the classes out but it could shift some of the accountability onto the players and the community.

Now watch as people like this idea, it gets implemented, and rogues get gutted.
    Rogue

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #72

We are also discussing all of the above but again, nothing is set in stone yet so we can't share anything until it becomes more concrete. I just named off some of the stuff that has been brought up by our team before.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #73

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    I agree with this post 100%. Most of the "if you could change one thing" thread are various repetitions of all the things listed here. The playerbase is really clear about what we're looking for, so I really hope that some of the TBA stuff comprises a list that looks exactly like this.
    There is a lot on that list and therefore there is a lot for our team to discuss internally before we can bubble it up to the surface.

There are a lot of things that can be done right now that will help improve the current game experience. For one make it easier to gear alts, that way more people will want to play alts and spend money on stuff.

- Planar Fragments - Remove the plat cost and replace it with Celestial Remnants or even Ethereal Shards. We have soo much extra currency lying around and nothing to spend it on.

- Individual Reward Charges - When we spend charges, we should be guaranteed an item. Especially since we are able to buy them with money. Even if it costs more charges, it should be worth spending money on.

- Allow Tier 1 Gear to be upgraded via LFR - It shouldn't take months of farming to upgrade one item and then have something slightly better finally drop.

- Add decent Lessers to vendors, Same way it's always been, Something to spend Remnants or shards on. Why I have 500k Ethereal Shards and nothing to spend them on is beyond me.

- Give us a way to convert old world currency into plat or new currency. This way old world raids can still be relevant. They should however require you to be mentored.

- And the most important part WE NEED MORE CONTENT. There is no new content to look forward to. People log on once a week, clear raids in a couple hours than log off.There is nothing left for them to upgrade, or they don't want to waste time on sidegrades. They don't have the urge to play alts because they don't want to go through the massive grind again.

The massive grinds and all the rng is what's hurting this game along with the lack of content in an expansion some of us had to pay for. We're almost a year into the expansion and so far we only have 2 raids, 4 experts and 1 LFR raid. The last two aren't even worth doing anymore.

So overall stop trying to find new and creative ways to make money and instead invest the time into making the game more enjoyable so more people come back to the game and even new players might enjoy the game enough to stick around.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    There are a lot of things that can be done right now that will help improve the current game experience. For one make it easier to gear alts, that way more people will want to play alts and spend money on stuff.

- Planar Fragments - Remove the plat cost and replace it with Celestial Remnants or even Ethereal Shards. We have soo much extra currency lying around and nothing to spend it on.

Omit the RNG and provide a tangible, comprehensive upgrade path (Similar to planar crafted gear)

- Individual Reward Charges - When we spend charges, we should be guaranteed an item. Especially since we are able to buy them with money. Even if it costs more charges, it should be worth spending money on.

Eliminate from zone/world content

- Allow Tier 1 Gear to be upgraded via LFR - It shouldn't take months of farming to upgrade one item and then have something slightly better finally drop.

- Add decent Lessers to vendors, Same way it's always been, Something to spend Remnants or shards on. Why I have 500k Ethereal Shards and nothing to spend them on is beyond me.

Make it like Torvan/Lycini notoriety venerated essence path

- Give us a way to convert old world currency into plat or new currency. This way old world raids can still be relevant. They should however require you to be mentored.

- And the most important part WE NEED MORE CONTENT. There is no new content to look forward to. People log on once a week, clear raids in a couple hours than log off.There is nothing left for them to upgrade, or they don't want to waste time on sidegrades. They don't have the urge to play alts because they don't want to go through the massive grind again.

Time to put out fresh, inspiring content including 20 man.

The massive grinds and all the rng is what's hurting this game along with the lack of content in an expansion some of us had to pay for. We're almost a year into the expansion and so far we only have 2 raids, 4 experts and 1 LFR raid. The last two aren't even worth doing anymore.

RNG needs to be nerfed! The Las Vegas style of Rift as of late is a drag.

So overall stop trying to find new and creative ways to make money and instead invest the time into making the game more enjoyable so more people come back to the game and even new players might enjoy the game enough to stick around.
    If Trion wants an income based on Rift, they as a team need to come to the player with VALUE included in content. The repetitive, same old grind is needing some variety included with the notoriety/upgrade path
    Last edited by BMX; 09-24-2017 at 09:46 AM.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast