+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Future Plans - questions for Trion

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    Woww they even ignore this thread? still no comments. incredible..
    Shouldn't that say enough?

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    Woww they even ignore this thread? still no comments. incredible..
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Shouldn't that say enough?
    For fear of being flamed... The vast majority that posted here are not likely to partake in roasting the devs or Yaviay, for that matter.

Shame that we cannot have some response to many genuine concerns of people whom of which are passionate about the game.
    Banned

Soulwalker

Default Regretting patron reup, moving on

Regretting patron reup, moving on
    Last edited by MiaFunkins; 09-15-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    For fear of being flamed... The vast majority that posted here are not likely to partake in roasting the devs or Yaviay, for that matter.

Shame that we cannot have some response to many genuine concerns of people whom of which are passionate about the game.
    All I see here is people frustrated by communication lapsing again, and their concerns not being addressed. It's perfectly valid for people to have criticisms of a game that they pay for. It's annoying that some people on this forum think that it's a "roast."

People on this forum have to stop conflating criticism with hatred. Every time people are critical, someone pops up with "but you're being so mean and hurtful!" when all I see is constructive criticism.
    Last edited by Rivkah; 09-15-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    All I see here is people frustrated by communication lapsing again, and their concerns not being addressed. It's perfectly valid for people to have criticisms of a game that they pay for. It's annoying that some people on this forum think that it's a "roast."

People on this forum have to stop conflating criticism with hatred. Every time people are critical, someone pops up with "but you're being so mean and hurtful!" when all I see is constructive criticism.
    There's a hope that with recent events and the way they showed us all how wrong it is to limit all communication to unofficial platforms, forums could once again be the primary place for player-dev interaction, as they should be, really. I mean for all I know if it wasn't for Clowd's dev chatters, those not blessed with time and possibility of being in a discord wouldn't even know that challenge server was a thing. Just like a bunch of other issues and plans that for some reason never got a proper discussion here on the forums.

Also there's a big difference between criticizing someone's actions and criticizing or attacking them personally. It's pretty obvious that when someone says "I don't like X change in the game" it does not equal "I don't like the person who made this change". Not sure why anyone would think it's the same.

UPD Just saw Yaviey's post on the matter, much appreciated!
    Last edited by Laeti; 09-15-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Champion

I didn't want to imply that they're not responding for fear of being flamed. What I meant was that their silence on the matter only confirms that there are probably no plans whatsoever to bring back CQ.

If they listened to the majority of the playerbase the challenge server would not be a thing. The overwhelming majority said they did not want resources dedicated to a side project. The majority did want things done about horrendous RNG in fragments, for example, and yet here we are. I guess this is a "roast" because I am pointing out things Trion is doing, or not doing, with a critical eye. Can't have that...
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    If they listened to the majority of the playerbase the challenge server would not be a thing. The overwhelming majority said they did not want resources dedicated to a side project. The majority did want things done about horrendous RNG in fragments, for example, and yet here we are. I guess this is a "roast" because I am pointing out things Trion is doing, or not doing, with a critical eye. Can't have that...
    It really bugs me how the general idea of a Vanilla/Challenge server was discussed on several platforms (there was at least the blog post and a FB post which resulted in a discussion here on the forums), but then none of the actual details were ever discussed anywhere with the players unless it was on the deleted discord which is now irrelevant anyways.

Do people really want to divide the remaining population between challenge and regular servers? Do people want to see the same horrendous RNG present in every aspect? Do people want the same monetization model used on a challenge server? Does the majority who voted "for" want to see bolstered open world content but not the instances? How does the "we'd rather work on the new stuff than get back to re-making old stuff" correlate with the whole idea of a challenge server? Will there be any requirements to access the challenge server and if yes will it be certain stats, or an entry fee, or achievements, etc? These are just some of the questions that needed to be asked before even starting anything. Now not only we don't know what to expect but there's also a huge doubt that this is even going to work the way people wanted it to work. And with the current level of disapproval it's crucial for any new "server" or "expansion" to be received well otherwise the reputation of the game among its own players will reach the all time low. Now how is keeping such important things from the players going to serve that purpose?

One of the main things that I remember attracted me so much in Rift when I first started playing it was that the developers listened to their players and did their best to make at least most of them happy. With less and less communication on the major issues and plans it just seems like this is no longer the case sometimes.

BMX
    Rift Disciple

So with a "challenge server" they can shut down the standard server and cater to the elitists without a care in the world about the casual players.

If that were done, would an expansion be on par with 4.x with a horrendous delay in raid content? Would the cost of IRC's go up by 300% or more?

Free to play? AS IF...
    Banned

So with a "challenge server" they can shut down the standard server and cater to the elitists without a care in the world about the casual players.

If that were done, would an expansion be on par with 4.x with a horrendous delay in raid content? Would the cost of IRC's go up by 300% or more?

Free to play? AS IF...
    Actually I think you misunderstood their intentions with the challenge servers and the whole elitist concept. Rift is more than casual now after SF hit, it simply doesn't have enough leet people to cater to as there is no hardmode/challenging/competitive content in comparison to what it had before. I doubt they'll go all this way to make the game somewhat friendlier to casuals only to suddenly start catering to "elitists". Especially if the server will only have open world content but not the instances.

I'm not even opposed to the whole challenge server idea in general, it's just I believe when people say they want back to Vanilla what they mean is that they want RNG and paywalls gone while having good challenging instance content that would revive guilds and group play, not just a chunk of Telara with scaled up mobs and the very same store/rng system that we have now.
    Last edited by Laeti; 09-19-2017 at 09:02 AM.

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Since 4.x came to be there is limited at best content. Yes, I have to agree that it has gone below casual at this point. Rather than waste resource on open world "Challenge" server, why not just bring the game back in line with vanilla/SL and dump the RNG model and such.
    Insufficient staff leads to such things

For the current team, if they would group up and sort out a genuine, sincere business plan for presentation to the stakeholders of Trion in order to secure funding for a real in depth expansion, complete with additional team members to make it all happen, the community would flourish, indeed. How better to bring back the franchise?

The teams needed are as follows..

1. World dev team. (Shall be on par with the size of vanila/SL)
    2. Instance dev team (Shall make raid and dungeon content that is fresh)
    3. PvP dev team (Shall bring PvP outta the dark ages)
    4. Class dev team (Shall balance classes and make souls viable)

Please take note, TEAM!! means more than one person for each aspect of development.
    Where it currently is one person for class development, this needs addressed. Keyens needs a few good hands on deck to make it happen properly and not simply get burned out.
    We, the community could see major improvement with Trion and the teams getting the infusion necessary to bring in enough talent to make and maintain our game at its best.

Would this bring Rift about and stem the "Active Player Crisis"? Likely so.
    Would actively promoting the game help this? You betcha! (Provided there is a proper expansion)
    Just think how nice it would be to bring up the population in game with genuine, sincere effort to bring forth an amazing expansion and base the increase in population on merit alone. At that point, paywalls and IRC's could be trimmed significantly, since people will go patron willingly since there is VALUE in doing so. RNG shall be reigned in.

Changes to fragments shall eliminate RNG for the purpose of upgrade path. Upgrade path shall be exactly like upgrading an armor piece or weapon. People could then look at the entire upgrade series and wrap their heads around those requirements to progress.
    RNG for blindly upgrading is rubbish.
    Banned

I agree that Rift needs to be promoted, the problem is it needs improvements prior to any promotions. If you promote the current game as a completely f2p no paywalls no tricks kind of thing, it'll attract people only to disappoint them with the whole RNG/Frags/IRC disaster, which would only turn people away from the game not attract them further into it.

It's like when a new person comes in and asks "what do I need to buy in order to play the game?", and someone tells them to go buy this pack, these souls, that thing and those shinies, etc. Then the person starts playing and discovers they don't really need all that in order to play; they might possibly need some of those things in the future, but it's totally up to them and there was no need to spend money upfront.
    Would the person who told them to go spend money think they're helping the developers and promoting the game? Sure they would. Would it actually help the game? No, because the player would probably think they got scammed into paying for things they don't need to pay for in order to start playing; not only they'd most likely leave but also tell their friends to not try the game since it has people promoting the wrong things. It's just false advertising and not being completely honest with people, which is never a good thing.

tldr you don't just need to attract new people, you also need to make sure they stay in the game and attract their friends. To do that, issues have to be reviewed and fixed first. Then, obviously, a nice boost in advertising the game would be a great thing to do to.

As long as keyboard droolers swipe credit cards nothing is going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    As long as keyboard droolers swipe credit cards nothing is going to change.
    Exhale

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I agree that Rift needs to be promoted, the problem is it needs improvements prior to any promotions. If you promote the current game as a completely f2p no paywalls no tricks kind of thing, it'll attract people only to disappoint them with the whole RNG/Frags/IRC disaster, which would only turn people away from the game not attract them further into it.

It's like when a new person comes in and asks "what do I need to buy in order to play the game?", and someone tells them to go buy this pack, these souls, that thing and those shinies, etc. Then the person starts playing and discovers they don't really need all that in order to play; they might possibly need some of those things in the future, but it's totally up to them and there was no need to spend money upfront.
    Would the person who told them to go spend money think they're helping the developers and promoting the game? Sure they would. Would it actually help the game? No, because the player would probably think they got scammed into paying for things they don't need to pay for in order to start playing; not only they'd most likely leave but also tell their friends to not try the game since it has people promoting the wrong things. It's just false advertising and not being completely honest with people, which is never a good thing.

tldr you don't just need to attract new people, you also need to make sure they stay in the game and attract their friends. To do that, issues have to be reviewed and fixed first. Then, obviously, a nice boost in advertising the game would be a great thing to do to.
    This is exactly why I have mentioned a list of "shall" statements. And closed with the statement of doing this list and reaching out to existing account holders as well as promoting for new faces to join the ranks.

Evidently, the current team isn't going the direction of a business plan to present to the stakeholders in order to request funding and additional personnel to make it all possible.
    That, in and of itself could bring the franchise to the front burner of gaming...

Sadly, the burner has no fuel, thus no flame keeping it simmering.

COME ON GUYS!!
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast