+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: Future Plans - questions for Trion

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    All i can say for 'sources' are two words, Archonix and Gamescom, i don't want to jump the gun and steal other people's news but wait for the juicy bits of members of the Rift Community interviewing Archonix.
    If I recall correctly we had "Archonix Answers All (mostly)" stream and he said there is no plans for conquest at all? also first month of Bug Reports forum was doing decent we can call but last 2 weeks it feels like its abandoned.
    Last edited by aileen; 09-11-2017 at 05:52 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    If I recall correctly we had "Archonix Answers All (mostly)" stream and he said there is no plans for conquest at all?
    The quote was more along the lines of 'no plans for Conquest at the moment going forward', this talk about the "new" Conquest alludes to next year so it's months away but like i said, best to wait until the people that did the interviewing get it sorted and post a transcript or a synopsis of what was said, don't shoot the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The quote was more along the lines of 'no plans for Conquest at the moment going forward', this talk about the "new" Conquest alludes to next year so it's months away but like i said, best to wait until the people that did the interviewing get it sorted and post a transcript or a synopsis of what was said, don't shoot the messenger.
    Well when he claims there is no plan on livestream and telling some new kind of conquest happening on interview is some weird paradox in any kind of possible universe we would live.

I also feeling sorry for Keyens to be honest, he is all left alone with burden to carry all class balances while community is getting unsatisfied and same time not trying to help him, as a software engineer who is also working on some local games in my country I can easily tell the job he is doing is not easy in any kind of state to do alone for a game like this.

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

The systems team handles class balancing. I think it just seems like he's alone since he's kind of the "face" of balancing that we see on the livestreams.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    The systems team handles class balancing. I think it just seems like he's alone since he's kind of the "face" of balancing that we see on the livestreams.
    In vanilla we had class dev for each specific class (Ailion for Rogues, Kervik for Mages, Atrius for Warriors, Zinbik for Clerics) after SL launched if i remember correctly on 2.1 Atrius and Zinbik left trion and Ailion was in charge of Rogues and Warriors, Kervik was in charge of Clerics and Mages. I think around sometime in 2.3 or end of 2.2 can't remember correctly Ailion left to his country back and Vladd was in charge of Rogues and Warriors, I didn't play after that much and returned for a short time in 3.0 and afaik Vladd and Kervik was still in charge of this classes I mentioned like till 3.1 or 3.2 Kervik remained class dev and he moved to some other trion project, till this expansion I believe there was still two people in charge of classes.

So what I'm trying to say, being in charge of classes is not equal with some stuff getting help from other people in team which I believe not is the case, what I believe we should get 2 or 3 classes only for him to work and some other person from team or outside of team should get other 2 or 3 classes remaining.

Compared to old times there is now 5 classes in game which means more souls to track, more balances to be done even when there was 4 classes around that job splitted between at least two people.

As players we should be more constructive about balancing too and help him instead of crying over everywhere I play rogue and never played other classes at all but I believe rogues even thou has like few specs which is doing more than other classes except primalists should be tuned down too but I'll say it once again we should compare equivalent geared peoples parses, a guy with less gear crying about other classes doing more than them is not gonna help in fact it would be ridicilious to compare.

I know I'm going out of topic but I'm trying to say few things depends on our reactions and decisions as players, thou current state of game in all aspects is not satisfying at least for 75% of games population.
    Last edited by aileen; 09-11-2017 at 06:47 AM. Reason: typo

BMX
    Rift Disciple

So basically, it's back to infuse Rift with cash and bring in additional devs to support the maintenance of the game. Bring back players and entice new players to join in.

All in all, this could be done with going to the stakeholders with a well considered and viable business plan that excludes funds redirected to other titles.
    (other titles shall sink or swim on their own merit)

Shall include a summary of what will be done in terms of development of a stellar expansion.
    Shall include Soul renovation of all souls to make em viable in current content. (Current referring to the "Stellar Expac" of the time.
    Shall include proper balance coming from a class consortium that is tasked with such.
    Shall have T-Zero raid content available on release of Expac.
    Shall have T-1 content released within 60-90 days.
    Shall include PvP content based upon the Expac.
    Shall have 10 and 20 man raids.
    Shall eliminate IRC associated with any form of zone content.
    Shall make Patron worthy and valuable to the playerbase.
    Shall return to the original "build your toon the way you want" i.e. HYBRIDS are here to stay!

With a proper business plan that includes the above and a real advertising budget, Rift can return to being a model franchise.

It's not about whiners complaining about primy OP, it's about honest effort in terms of class balance. While balance requires effort, it's not something that requires a PhD in rocket science.

Currently, there is an "Active Player Crisis" of epic proportions and a minimal team to come to task, thus the ship is sinking. Is it that the MMO market is dead or is it the F2P/P2W paywall system that is strangling it?

With the right number of people involved and the current dev team leading the effort with direction based upon Vanilla and Storm Legion, we would have something of great delight to entertain the return of many and the addition of numerous new players.

The elimination of using the class guide section of the forum for "Nerf Instruction Manual" would go many miles too. There's an blatantly obvious reason there are very few class guides published any longer...

Now for the next question...

What can the playerbase do to help this cause?
    Banned

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174075518

Interview with Archonix up from Seshatar.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

he is all left alone with burden to carry all class balances while community is getting unsatisfied and same time not trying to help him
    He was surrounded with help by those people with unlimited time, suggestions, feedback, and advice. These people were alienated by the company and the devs. He then made a public statement directly bashing alpha testers.

This was self inflicted.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    He was surrounded with help by those people with unlimited time, suggestions, feedback, and advice. These people were alienated by the company and the devs. He then made a public statement directly bashing alpha testers.

This was self inflicted.
    I'm talking about current state, I can imagine alpha testing because same stuff happened on when we were alpha testing on Storm Legion many stuff we told Ailion was discarded and never listened (because we were 1% of game who was raiding on top that what we told sadly) at all but when game went live players gave same advices he processed.

Currently people instead of giving feedbacks mostly trying to troll him or trying to abuse stuff thats what I meant but yea sadly most times many feedbacks on alpha testing discarded.

Also it is sad that pvp left on this state back in time Archonix was PVP dev afaik but not any step is going forward for it too, back in time there was such poll and I believe still that poll is accurate people want to do PVP while focused on PVE too.
    Last edited by aileen; 09-12-2017 at 03:16 AM.

For anyone wondering I do understand that not all plans can be shared, and not all ideas can be implemented, just like obviously there's an issue of announcing a change that would raise expectations only to become a disappointment when it turns out to be different from what people were hoping for. I certainly didn't start this thread to bash the company for not sharing every detail about what's in the works.

However the lack of direct official responses is an ongoing issue particularly for Rift (I don't know about other Trion games - I don't play them). I personally am very grateful for every piece of communication coming from Yaviey and other team members here on the forums - I'm sure we all appreciate it. But many things don't have to be set in stone, or have certain dates, or even have roadmaps to be shared with the community via official sources. We also shouldn't have to wait for the once-a-year Producer's letter in order to have some bits and hints of what's ahead. Once again, honesty is very important. Yes a lot of people would probably be pissed to hear something like "yeah we're not even planning to work on this", but even more people will be pissed once they learn that they were intentionally kept in the dark regarding future plans only to find out at the last moment that they have nothing to wait for.

For all I know, many of those who left didn't just leave because of some changes, but rather because breaking promises and not being completely honest from the very start would turn most people away from any company. All I'm asking here for is honesty. Also, anyone can screw up, it's okay. Admitting it is okay too. Certainly better for the reputation and for a healthy community than a silent treatment.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Bugs and other issues aside, i'd really like to know if the game is ok for future play? I came back after the optimizations etc to find Rift a very playable and enjoyable game. In fact its excellent! I'd hate to see it close but with all the talk around here lately you could forgive someone for thinking that Trion is broke and closing the doors. someone tell me we are ok please? Its getting a tad depressing...
    Quote Originally Posted by martroll View Post
    if rift comes good it be bye bye wow.

Take the Doom and Gloom with a grain of salt.

Are there issues with the game? Yes, but there will always be people who discuss its impending doom just as there has always been since vanilla. Here we are going on year 7 though.

Is it dead or going to die? No. Despite what you read on the forums.

Keep in mind that not everyone shares this same opinion and in fact the majority of the playerbase doesn't even participate on the forums let alone read it.

If you enjoy it, play it. There's plenty of other people doing the same.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 09-12-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Rift Disciple

I also feeling sorry for Keyens to be honest, he is all left alone with burden to carry all class balances while community is getting unsatisfied and same time not trying to help him.

we already pay for this game and now we should also help devs who actually get paid for doing their job? or not doing. i dont help the pizza guy to make the pizza that i paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Harski View Post
    i dont help the pizza guy to make the pizza that i paid.
    ok, but what if you could help him make ur pizza better? Then not only will all your pizzas be more enjoyable, but u also know that others will benefit from it as well...

or u can just sit back, hope that the pizza guy did everything 100% perfectly, and then if things are bad you can just call them, get a refund and wait around while the new pizza gets here.

See how that all works?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Champion

I like the pizza analogy. Good luck on contacting a pizza restaurant on changing their policies. It's many times easier to just order from a different pizza place that makes them the way you like.

That's exactly what happened. Rift has transitioned from a nice authentic la carte Italian restaurant to an understaffed fast food restaurant. Not everybody is going to be happy, but it'll stay open because it generates money from a certain crowd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast