+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Slipmat
  • 2 Post By Kronos v
  • 1 Post By Joebuu

Thread: Vostigar Daily Quests

Default Vostigar Daily Quests

Just how many story quests do you have to do before you can access daily quests in Vostigar?
    I've been running two story quest lines what seems forever.
    Completed a boat load of them but they seem to never end, always replaced with a new quest line.

Insight?

Plane Touched

there weren't that many that I remember

I do know that the jetpack arc doesn't count though, so you can ignore it if you want

As far as the JetPack, all I am lacking are the four parts that cost something like 4000 a piece.
    At this point, I would much rather spend the 8000 on new armor.
    So moving on..
    The other story line I am at "The Sacrifices of The Lost Circle/Kill Zwayguar.
    Which so far I have been unable to accomplish due to so darn many bad guys surrounding him.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

The dailies will open up when you complete the solo instance "Maze of Steel" where you fight both Ahnket and Crucia so you will have to follow the story and get to that stage.

I remember that quest you're on, try to carefully pick them off one by one, some will patrol away so you can sometimes pull them solo without half the zone adding.

I finally killed Zwayguar...
    I just got very lucky.
    His surrounding troops killed me the first time, three or four of them and just me.
    I killed three but the fourth finally got me.
    When I resurrected, I realized that it was just my target there with no support in sight.
    I quickly healed and attacked.
    End of story.
    Onto the NEXT quest in this oh so long story quest.

Soulwalker

Default The Sacrafices of the Lost Circle in Vostigar Peaks/Kill Zwayguar

[QUOTE=
    The other story line I am at "The Sacrifices of The Lost Circle/Kill Zwayguar.
    Which so far I have been unable to accomplish due to so darn many bad guys surrounding him.[/QUOTE]

Can this be done solo as a necro? I don't kill fast but I rarely die, this quest has me beat. Plus, I don't really have anyone to help me. I have been trying to kill this guy and I know I could only there are like a half dozen ritualists surrounding him that come at you all at once?

Any idea what to do? I am level 69 and would like to complete the story line before I hit 70.

Telaran

Personally, I used Harbinger on my mage, it's the best solo soul in the game. You're doing the questline on hard mode by not being level 70, just because you can do the quests before 70, doesn't mean you should. Have you tried partying with someone and sidekicking? Are you using any of the planar buffs? Vampiric Essence and Wild Overgrowth are pretty handy for open world soloing, the confluences can be helpful for a prevent death if you have all 6 of them as well. If you have the primal spirit and/or ascended weapon, that can help too, and don't forget about any crowd control abilities you have, can't be specific because I've never used Necro aside from running around with the Lich Form thing on so I don't know any other abilities other than the link, but if you have any mass fears, stuns, etc. they can help out in buying a few more seconds to heal up and/or kill. Hope this helps. =^.^=
    May the frogue be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonilla View Post
    Can this be done solo as a necro? I don't kill fast but I rarely die, this quest has me beat. Plus, I don't really have anyone to help me. I have been trying to kill this guy and I know I could only there are like a half dozen ritualists surrounding him that come at you all at once?

Any idea what to do? I am level 69 and would like to complete the story line before I hit 70.
    welcome to Rift, please allow me to introduce you to the feature that sets this game apart: the Soul and Role system.
    to begin, you arent a Necro. you are a Mage.
    Necro is just one tool in the Mage toolbox. it might be your preferred tool, and there is absolutely no reason you shouldnt play it 99% of the time. but occasionally you will come up against a task that your preferred tool simply isnt suitable for. thats when the Role system kicks in!
    any time you are out of combat you can change roles through your soul window. at the bottom of the soul window you can find a pull down role selection menu. you should have a few unlocked empty roles already, and can unlock more. maybe something with a mix of aoe damage, healing, and survivability would be more suitable here. so a mix of stormcaller, chloro, and something else perhaps?
    ignore the preset souls window. it is a window within the soul window - many new players take a long time to discover that there is a custom soul builder behind it.

explore the options the soul and role system opens up for you. there will be a tool for the task somewhere in your mage toolbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

Default Thank for the Suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion, I have played Rift on and off since beta, more so on since it went FTP even though I am a patron. Sorry about using Necro instead of Mage, I am old school and started MMRPGs back in 1999 with EQ1. Since then I have played at least 10 different games. Rift is just 1 of them and I am aware that Rift is unique in its classes that they have souls so each class can have different roles, other games do not.

I have 5 different roles on my "Necro" or mage and have tried them all, the "necro soul" did the best at this quest. All of the other souls have failed nearly immediately. (Elementalist, Pyromancer, Warlock, and Mystic Archer). My "necro soul" has little DPS but this is the first time I have encountered a quest that she cannot solo. I can't find a soul that works for this quest. That's why I asked for help. Sorry if I was not clear or more specific on what I needed help with the first time around.

Thank you!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hersheykisses View Post
    Personally, I used Harbinger on my mage, it's the best solo soul in the game. You're doing the questline on hard mode by not being level 70, just because you can do the quests before 70, doesn't mean you should. Have you tried partying with someone and sidekicking? Are you using any of the planar buffs? Vampiric Essence and Wild Overgrowth are pretty handy for open world soloing, the confluences can be helpful for a prevent death if you have all 6 of them as well. If you have the primal spirit and/or ascended weapon, that can help too, and don't forget about any crowd control abilities you have, can't be specific because I've never used Necro aside from running around with the Lich Form thing on so I don't know any other abilities other than the link, but if you have any mass fears, stuns, etc. they can help out in buying a few more seconds to heal up and/or kill. Hope this helps. =^.^=

Thank you so much for all the help!

Soulwalker

Harb/Chloro is the way to go. Look on the mage guides section. Bamul has an excellent spreadsheet that breaks down most of the mage specs/gear, ect. Look in his sig for the link.

You might not be too fond of playing mele - but once you try Harb in open world/questing - you will be amazed at how much easier it makes things. It basically heals you as you fight but still has excellent dps (better than Necro). Its like the energizer bunny. It also has the most utility of any mage soul -

Planar Shield for damage reduction
    Conditioned response for self heal, (tip: put in your spam macro - ordinarily, a big no-no, however, it works great doing it this way for an open world spec. Combine this with your Bloom proc and you get tons of healing as you fight).
    Glaring Fetters for stun/slow
    Disabling Shock for another stun.
    Essence Wind for 50% move speed increase
    Storm Shroud for 4 second Invisibility (don't macro - think another break free in open world)
    And then Rift Tomb (all mage souls have access to this if you have it in your Planar Attunement)

It also has great active AoE dps when you swap buffs to Luminous Weapon and spam Lucent Slash.

AND

Phantom Blades gives your mele hits 30m range for 15s as well as Blademark which will allow you to dps two targets at same time.
    Last edited by Joebuu; 06-26-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    Meepz@Greybriar
    Joebuu@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread