+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sigil of Valor 1/day PER ACCOUNT?

Rift Disciple

Default Sigil of Valor 1/day PER ACCOUNT?

OK, I didn't wade through the entire previous thread...

Is it intended that Sigils of Valor can only be turned in for Uttila Resistance 1/day across all toons on a given account? E.g., I turned in one for my rogue, and now my primalist is prevented from turning any in for 16h xx min.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

We are currently working on expanding the limited transactions to work on a per character basis as well.

Don't have an eta yet, but this will definitely be loosened up for alts in the near future.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Disciple

Thank you for the quick reply.

Plane Touched

Default Tacitus that was a fast and great reply

Thanks for reading the forums and offering a good response. It is nice to see.

Can you please give information about the real % of sigil drop on ZE?
    Because it is now RNG we need to know what our chances are.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Can you please give information about the real % of sigil drop on ZE?
    Because it is now RNG we need to know what our chances are.
    Currently it is 10%.

Under the old system, it was supposed to be 10 marks to turn in for a notoriety reward. At a 10% drop rate, in aggregate, the rate of notoriety gain is unchanged from that old system - on average, tagging 10 zone events == 1 turn in.

For some reason, the PoA notoriety turn in only required 5 marks (it should have been 10 like NT was). So for PoA, that represents a notoriety gain rate of about 50% of what it was previously. Which is what I said previously - the new system cuts the rate of notoriety gain from zone events by about half (for current factions).
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    For some reason, the PoA notoriety turn in only required 5 marks (it should have been 10 like NT was). So for PoA, that represents a notoriety gain rate of about 50% of what it was previously. Which is what I said previously - the new system cuts the rate of notoriety gain from zone events by about half (for current factions).
    From what i remember and from checking in game the notoriety turn in always required 5 zone even tokens. This means that this change is a flat 50% nerf and then you have the RNG unlucky ones for whom this change is even worse.

Edit: Seems that only NMT one is 10 zone event tokens, thought it was 5 like the SL one. And the new system removed any plat gains from finishing the notoriety quest as well, compared to the old sstem.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 08-26-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Plane Walker

Any chance we could be allowed to use IRCs to help this along? Right now the process seems a little dysfunctional.
    !

Are Writs of Notoriety Patron only? They're not showing in the store for me.

What is a "Writ of Notoriety" ?
    Patrons can get slightly more Sigils of Valor than non, but they are not exclusive to patrons
    Marks of Notoriety are not and were never limited to patrons, but no one can get more anymore
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 08-26-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    What is a "Writ of Notoriety" ?
    Patrons can get slightly more Sigils of Valor than non, but they are not exclusive to patrons
    Marks of Notoriety are not and were never limited to patrons, but no one can get more anymore
    Writs are what you buy with Sigils of Valor, at least theoretically.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Thiara View Post
    Are Writs of Notoriety Patron only? They're not showing in the store for me.
    Cryptic UI design: Rift Store -> Boosts and then click on the "Notoriety" bar just below Boosts (left column). It matches Crafting & Dim's, but at least for those there are a dozen bars so it's a bit more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiara View Post
    Writs are what you buy with Sigils of Valor, at least theoretically.
    Where do you see that? They are called Decrees in the RIFT store

im online quite a lot and heavily farming the entire VP zone, doing dailies, killing rares, raid rifts and tagging zone events... i have yet to even see a sigil of valor... im quite sure the drop rate must be much much lower than 10%... but yeah i know, RNG

having never farmed rep by handing in the marks for notoriety its really not a big issue to me.
    i do dailies and other content within the zone and the rep soon mounts up.

the only thing to buy that even requires max rep is the trinket, and to get 60k intel for the trinket and upgrade without maxing reputation in the process would be very odd indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by catonmylap View Post
    Cryptic UI design: Rift Store -> Boosts and then click on the "Notoriety" bar just below Boosts (left column). It matches Crafting & Dim's, but at least for those there are a dozen bars so it's a bit more obvious.
    Thank you! That is exactly what I was missing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast