+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By Hersheykisses
  • 1 Post By Gharn
  • 1 Post By Laeti
  • 3 Post By Yaviey
  • 1 Post By somerandomnamee
  • 1 Post By Onebutton

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Idea for a new patron perk

Shadowlander

Default Idea for a new patron perk

Hi there! I was playing last night and leveling up butchering on one of my alts and then I hit the cap and thought, well, bummer, if only I could just summon a butchering trainer I could continue without heading back into town and then back here. So... that got me thinking, why isn't that a patron perk? It doesn't hurt f2p and would be super convienent, especially for leveling up butchering/forgaging/mining.

(Sorry if this has been mentioned before, you know how many threads there are to look through? O.o)
    May the frogue be with you.

That's actually a neat idea. Considering Patron already have the possibility of summoning trainers, banker and so on, they might as well have the crafting trainer option too
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

This would be lovely and also would have made much more sense than having class trainers.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Hersheykisses View Post
    Hi there! I was playing last night and leveling up butchering on one of my alts and then I hit the cap and thought, well, bummer, if only I could just summon a butchering trainer I could continue without heading back into town and then back here. So... that got me thinking, why isn't that a patron perk? It doesn't hurt f2p and would be super convienent, especially for leveling up butchering/forgaging/mining.

(Sorry if this has been mentioned before, you know how many threads there are to look through? O.o)
    Hi Hersheykisses, this is a wonderful idea! Thank you for your suggestion. I will pass it to the team.

Soulwalker

Default Such a great idea

I've thought about this idea too.

My reasoning was that as it is such a great idea that the only reason it is NOT currently included is that the "team" for some reason don't want it.

It never occurred to me that they may have just not thought of it.

Ascendant

(trying to hog some dev attention) while ideas like these (and most of what Patron offers at the moment) are nice, they're mostly for beginning players.

When you're 70 and have been for a while (and maybe with all 4 alts at 70 too) you don't need to summon trainers anymore, you don't need XP boosts, and in my case (pvp'er) you don't need favor boosts either because you already have all the gear and lots of mark saved...

I don't PVE much so I'm not sure how good it is to get more pve currencies (does it really matter at the end-est game, or just early on?), but as a PVP'er - or anyone who doesn't raid, basically - it feels like patron benefits get worse and worse as you play.

You hit 70, then the xp boost is useless. You max out notoriety, then the notoriety boost is useless. You fully gear up, then the favor boost/mark boost is useless. You've been playing the game for a year and have 50k plat saved, the +gold boost is, well, not useless, but insignificant.

And the daily/weekly boxes.. Well the lockbox in the weekly is fine (tho it's a huge gamble that rarely pays off) and the daily, well most of the time it's a trash artifact, not even worth selling on the AH, it's basically 3 ribbons.

Once you've played the game a while, it seems like 75% of the good stuff is stripped away from Patron because it doesn't help you anymore, or very little.

it'd be nice if there was better incentive for high-end players, both in PVP and PVE!

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    (trying to hog some dev attention) while ideas like these (and most of what Patron offers at the moment) are nice, they're mostly for beginning players.
    When you're 70 and have been for a while (and maybe with all 4 alts at 70 too) you don't need to summon trainers anymore, you don't need XP boosts
    This is true, but only for people like you (or me) who have played for years AND have several maxed toons.

You hit 70, then the xp boost is useless. You max out notoriety, then the notoriety boost is useless. You fully gear up, then the favor boost/mark boost is useless. You've been playing the game for a year and have 50k plat saved, the +gold boost is, well, not useless, but insignificant.
    You hit 70, if this is your first toon, you still have to max planar XP. So XP boost is still useful. And some people level and do crafting progression when they are 70, so they could use the trainer summoning.
    Notoriety will not be so easily maxed now with the Sigil nerf.
    And I don't think everyone gets 50k plat now with all plat sinks and nerfs to plat gain.
    And don't forget the currency bonus is not for plat only. It works for game currency.

And the daily/weekly boxes.. Well the lockbox in the weekly is fine (tho it's a huge gamble that rarely pays off) and the daily, well most of the time it's a trash artifact, not even worth selling on the AH, it's basically 3 ribbons.
    Don't forget the useless key I get almost every day...

Once you've played the game a while, it seems like 75% of the good stuff is stripped away from Patron because it doesn't help you anymore, or very little.
    it'd be nice if there was better incentive for high-end players, both in PVP and PVE!
    Nice, what do you suggest?

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    This would be lovely and also would have made much more sense than having class trainers.
    Class trainers are useless now, they could be replaced by the crafting trainers. Little work, net gain for patron. Wonderful idea.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    This is true, but only for people like you (or me) who have played for years AND have several maxed toons.
    Well yes, that was the main idea of my post, it gets worse the longer you play because less things apply to you/help you!

Patron is, with rex, the big 'regular' source of income from Trion... It should aim toward long-time players, not just new ones. These longtime players are probably more willing to spend $ (or to farm to buy rex) on the game they've played so long, than new players who picked the game a week ago and aren't even sure they like it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Nice, what do you suggest?
    Well I talked a bit about it in another thread, but the first thing I'd do is, the artifact should be guaranteed to be one you still need. (Make it bind on pickup to prevent people from "exploiting" this to get an artifact worth 1k plat everyday).

The daily reward seems to be based mostly on artifacts (with a rare 2nd drop), at least make it worthy, not just 3-9 ribbons a day when you break it because useless&worthless.

And some people could say "But wouldn't you be able to just get all artifacts but say the top 500 most expensive ones and get them 'for free' this way?"... Yes. But I think someone who's farmed all artifacts but these 500, AND 'sub' patron for over a year, deserve something very nice. And I don't mean "3 ribbons' nice.

A change like that would highly benefit high-end players, the collector types anyway, with next to no downside to new players (who aren't really worse in any way due to not being able to complete some random artifact set).

This is the kind of boons patron should aim to give. Some nice help (over the long time) for high end player, with no detriment for the beginners .Beginners already have a LOT from patron anyway.

Then, there could be some convenience stuff too. As a PVP'er one thing I'd really like is permanent recon vial. It's less important now because I have like 2m favors saved in marks&stuff, but back when I was a bit shorter on favor, I really hated that if you pop a vial to do a few pvp games then a Crift happens (or anything else) you waste the rest. Not running out while you log off is nice, but it runs out while you do anything else. So it basically locks you into doing nothing but pvp for hours. I would give patron a permanent recon vial ability.

(Hell, I would pay 100k favor right now for that anyway, just to save the hassle of buying vials/trying not to waste them).

This isn't very endgame because endgame pvp'ers all have millions of favors so it's not as big a deal if you waste vials, but early on it is, when every vial you waste push back your gearing up a bit.

I'd give a hell of a lot more cosmetic items in the daily/weekly boxes (and I guess rare dimension items or something, I don't do dimensions but some do so heh). As I've said in my other post (in that other thread about patron) I've been patron for maybe 2-3 months now probably, and 2 days ago I got the FIRST thing I could use from a box; A cosmetic helm I didn't have. I was very happy to get it, part because I'm a completionist who like to have everything possible in game, but may part because it was the first good thing I got in a box in months. This should not be like this.

Soulwalker

as you can see by the released addons, the amout of work put in every addon(or even patch) goes down and down.
    tbh i dont want the valuable dev worktime to be invested in things like summoning a crafting trainer. if trion would hire more staff so they have time to get their normale work done, i would totally agree to this patron improvement, why not? but they dont hire and the game is still full of bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by zuckung View Post
    as you can see by the released addons, the amout of work put in every addon(or even patch) goes down and down.
    tbh i dont want the valuable dev worktime to be invested in things like summoning a crafting trainer. if trion would hire more staff so they have time to get their normale work done, i would totally agree to this patron improvement, why not? but they dont hire and the game is still full of bugs.
    I believe patron perks and fixing bugs are done by different people/teams and even if they aren't, patron being outdated, mostly useless at lvl 70/ for older players and not worth the money investment is one of the biggest issues in the game as it is also one of the sources of income for the game. Making patron more attractive without taking away from non-patrons is one of the key things to bring more money into the game in order to invest into development.

I honestly hope all the suggestions made on how to improve patron will be looked at and considered. One of them would be making patron shared between all Trion games. Before dismissing it, think of all the players that would probably try out other games if they knew they're Trion patrons, not "this game patrons" or "that game patrons". Having decent perks and rewards in each game would make more people want to actually play them which in turn would bring more money into all of them. It would also justify the whole "paying for all games while paying for one" approach. I know I'd be more eager to try other games even if I don't have much time to play more than one if I knew that me paying for patron in one game would give me the same perks in any other Trion game I don't mind trying.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Hersheykisses View Post

Hershey kisses = best kisses.
    Like it !
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Can't find the original post, but it's been suggeted before...

Beside the planar crafting stations for dimensions, mail boxes and (guild) bank options, to have interactive dimension npcs for training crafting skills.

The issue with this option however, as would be the issue with a patron perk crafting/gathering skill trainer would be, that any level would have access to all skills, including those that do not have access to tempest bay.

Currently it is of course possible for any level to go to tempest bay, be it through summon, during just about any world event, levelling/questing or using the tempest bay insignia..

But still people would need to do something more than just visit a dimension and do the crafting/gathering training on the go.
    And the differences in trainers... the trainers in Sanctum/Meridian still only train upto level 300 and no recipes/tiers over skill level 300.

Agreed, trainers in dims is easier, but might be a bit too easy to skill up alts/f2p accounts in the diffferent skills.

Other than that... the skill level boosts go upto skill level 450 already and the boosts for those are saving up a lot of time & plat already. And skilling up a level 50(+) in any craft can be done fast with use of Planar Attunement portals to get to tbay fast for training the next tier.
    And as goes, unless you need a specific material, any gathering skill can be skilled to 450 with harvesting less than 450 animals, plants, ore.. You only need to return to tempest bay to train the tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post

Well I talked a bit about it in another thread, but the first thing I'd do is, the artifact should be guaranteed to be one you still need. (Make it bind on pickup to prevent people from "exploiting" this to get an artifact worth 1k plat everyday).

The daily reward seems to be based mostly on artifacts (with a rare 2nd drop), at least make it worthy, not just 3-9 ribbons a day when you break it because useless&worthless.
    This is a very good idea.

And forget this "bind on pickup" idea. Doing this would need a full rewamp of the artifact system, and would be wasted time, because it is not possible to "exploit" the daily gift, you can only get one per day par account.

Daily gifts are so useless now that I often forget to claim them... And when I do, getting a useless key and an artifact I already have is bad... Getting an artefact I can use would be a big improvement.

+ Reply to Thread