+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread: If You Could Change ONE Thing

How about having ONE just one dev actually post in pvp forums.

Not much, just ONE REPLY

Telaran

This thread has now been opened for more that 1 month. Is trion gonna give any reply to the people taking time to write here? Has this thread lead to any plan to implement what the good folks of rift have put forward?

Well we all see what most want or is fragment related or pvp related changes that i want to so my sugestion is make fragments universal for pve and pvp,meaning they would not suffers bolstering in pvp and would be for both contents,and it would be even better if there was the possibility of removing them from slot and they where account bound after removal so i can send them to a alt.i would have much more sugestions but we only got one so there it is.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLBoY77 View Post
    How about having ONE just one dev actually post in pvp forums.

Not much, just ONE REPLY
    Didn't they already do that when they slapped us in the face by stated that "Rift is not a PVP centric game."?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Today's Daily quests in Vostigar Peaks got me thinking it's time we get individual quest objectives that are phased to each player, i mean the click ones like 12 Mech pieces, or disarm mines, any of those types of quests.

It's very frustrating to watch little Jimmy run in as you're clearing mobs and you're actually standing on the quest item only to watch him ninja click it from you, very slow respawn timers don't help either.

Games like Guild Wars 2 have individual things like mining nodes, since all the items are fixed spawn spots it should be "easy" just to make a few phased areas so everyone can click their own item without waiting for a respawn or having somebody ninja it.
    Last edited by Slipmat; 09-11-2017 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Today's Daily quests in Vostigar Peaks got me thinking it's time we get individual quest objectives that are phased to each player, i mean the click ones like 12 Mech pieces, or disarm mines, any of those types of quests.

It's very frustrating to watch little Jimmy run in as you're clearing mobs and you're actually standing on the quest item only to watch him ninja click it from you, very slow respawn timers don't help either.

Games like Guild Wars 2 have individual things like mining nodes, since all the items are fixed spawn spots it should be "easy" just to make a few phased areas so everyone can click their own item without waiting for a respawn or having somebody ninja it.
    I know of at least one more game that has this same system: you can have as many people sitting on a node spawn as you like, and each of them is able to collect the node individually. There's no such thing as camping there as it eliminates any need to compete for a node. Clearly with Rift's shard hop system it won't be needed unless we're all stuck on one shard but quest objectives could definitely use this system regardless.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Fellow Telarians, if you could change one thing in RIFT, what would it be? We welcome your [constructive] feedback. Please understand that we cannot commit to anything at this point due to technology, time, etc. limitations, but we would like to genuinely know your thoughts.

Thank you!
    Bring back ranged weapons as they used to be--as functional sources of auto-attack damage.

I haven't had much time for actual gameplay lately but for someone who has a veritable army of alts on both clusters and multiple accounts, the one thing I would change right now is reinstating crafting XP. I have alts who leveled to 65, 67, 60 from patient and diligent daily crafting because that's all the time I had. And now when I swap to other shards or clusters, there's no reason for diligent crafting. And I have a sad.

Crafting is gameplay right? So that's my one thing at the moment.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Please Do something to bring back lower level PvP. I love playing alts, and the lower level PvP was a lot of fun. I miss it. Not to mention there are lower level PvP quests that you can't complete right now.

Suggestion:

Instead of doing increments of 10 levels, increase that span, and then mentor everyone to a mid level. For example:

1 to 30: Mentor everyone to 15
    31 to 60: Mentor everyone to 40

It's not ideal, but as it is now the lower levels have nothing. You could queue all day not not get into a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    A full blown planar assault on the capitals every now and again would be AMAZING.
    --
    I remember this happening in Sanctum - maybe in 2012-2013? [Also happened in Meridian]
    I don't recall if it was an event - but remember yelling we are under attack.
    It was All Out Mayhem and I remember planar essences filling up my bags.
    Maybe someone can chime in if they remember this?
    Last edited by Dizbo; 09-21-2017 at 08:47 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

It was around the time they opened the Dendrome zone, we had waves of the Architect bug monsters attacking, then a few mini bosses, then the big bad.

Best of all it was all phased so you could be slacking on your mount in Sanctum and not see a thing, you had to join the Event.
    Last edited by Slipmat; 09-21-2017 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typos, yay

Default Summary

So this discussion has been around long enough and I figured it's about time to line up some statistics.

I read through this forum thread as well as the related Twitter and Facebook posts and gathered some numbers. Note that the Issues are all "average" (so the PVP related issue for example includes all the suggestions for reworking PVP, adding new content, bringing back old PVP content and such; Engine/Graphics issues includes everything related to Engine upgrades, character and spell animations and such; and so on).

I also had to exclude the single posts, personal issues and things that aren't going to happen (i.e. flying mounts or locking items in a dimension).

Regarding certain issues:

Vanilla/SL server mentioned in the list is not necessarily a Challenge server, the majority of the posts regarding this were about bringing back the instances, PVP for lower levels, and getting rid of Cash shop and RNG all together (so, as I've mentioned earlier, it's not so much the zones that people are attracted to but the way the game was handled back in Vanilla/SL with way less RNG, suffix gear, pay to loot and so on). I did however bring out the PVP, IRC and old payment model as separate issues since those were mentioned without saying anything about a back2vanilla server.

the Old Payment Model issue includes either going back to sub model, or - again - getting rid of cash shop with gear, gear in boxes and paying for additional loot.

Low Level Content Relevance relates for the most part to instances (raids, dungeons) and PVP.

Search functions revamp relates to searching for mounts/pets for the most part.

Now on to the 2 types of charts. First one (amount of posts) speaks for itself and shows the average amount of posts about the issue across all three platforms. Second (amount of likes) shows the player approval rate across all posts on every particular issue. This was done to not only show how many times a certain issue was mentioned but also how many people (approximately) approve of those posts since many chose to show their support by liking the posts instead of just repeating the same thing.

Issues sorted by the amount of posts (approximately)

Issues sorted by the amount of likes/player approval (approximately)

BUT WAIT! There's more :P
    Added a comparative chart with both stats as requested

The intention was not to show that some issues are more important than others (for every person, their issue is the most important anyways), but to give you the idea of what the majority of players old and new who have seen those three discussions on the official platforms want to see fixed/done/reworked prior to other things. It also shows the major concerns that people decided to voice and/or support across all three platforms this discussion was posted on. I'm sure Trion has better numbers if they did any sort of stats analysis during the discussion but the goal was to just show approximate rates of people's concerns and wishes.
    Last edited by Laeti; 09-22-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    --
    I remember this happening in Sanctum - maybe in 2012-2013? [Also happened in Meridian]
    I don't recall if it was an event - but remember yelling we are under attack.
    It was All Out Mayhem and I remember planar essences filling up my bags.
    Maybe someone can chime in if they remember this?
    I totally remember this. It was awesome and a level 10 could easily die in the middle of Sanctum if it stood still too long. Was part of the intro to Storm Legion iirc at the end of 2012.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 09-22-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I'm sure Trion has better numbers if they did any sort of stats analysis during the discussion but the goal was to just show approximate rates of people's concerns and wishes.
    Wow, nice work. Very helpful to have a visual to put things into some sort of context- appreciate it thanks! Awesome how many in our community put so much time & effort and sharing
    I'm sure Trion does have stats and it would be interesting to see them. Now if only the majority of them could be addressed...

BMX
    Champion

Trion prolly has stats for more...

Things that need a change. ONE thing isn't gonna bring the playerbase back, sad to say.

Junk RNG, just eliminate as much as possible.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast