+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree299Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread: If You Could Change ONE Thing

Eliminate the suffixes or implement an additional upgrade step so even if you get hero or vindicator you can upgrade it to Overlord/Preserver.

Change planar fragments so we can customize them with the stats we want, allow us to pick which stat increases at the 3,6,9,12 infusion levels.

Sorry I listed 2 things,

Thanks! This is a great idea for a thread!
    Last edited by Poshy; 08-02-2017 at 10:27 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Have Volan attack Sanctum and Meridian now and then, show new players some awesomeness, or go full One Tamriel and make every zone relevant, go anywhere, quest anywhere, do all Dungeons/Raids while scaled to appropriate levels and abilities tuned to such.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    Remove most of the RNG in the game. Five-suffix gear is frustrating and annoying and I haven't spoken to a single actual player who likes it. Guarantee people gear again for doing the work.
    As a part of the removal of RNG, scrap the planar fragment system. Peoples' stats shouldn't be RNG dependent. It's not fun and confuses new players.
    This.
    In one word : less RNG in stuff.

This means if fragments stay we need more control on stats we get, how they upgrade, and some mean to get frags with known stats (by craft, NPC rep seller or quests).
    Instead of buying a lottery box make rep frags sold like rep essences, with a large choice of stats so we can balance our stuff as we want.

Same for raid gear. No more suffixes, or like someone said, possibility to upgrade to the BIS type. Possibility to buy engines with raid currency.

So instead of playing roulette, we can work for something and be sure to get it with time.

This is for the great picture.

For my little personal opinion, I still can't forgive you for removing crafting XP, and for going the Wow way with the legendary weapon grind without giving some alternative (no other endgame weapon? even in raids? what will happen to new/returning players who face the legendary weapon grind while they play with more advanced players?)
    I left Wow because they forced players to play in one unique mandatory way, and I see RIFT slowly going on the same trend with less and less freedom and choices...
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 08-03-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Plane Walker

Encourage the devs.

If the same attention to detail and level of competency that was called upon to apply the patch to remove xp from all things craft related was applied to ALL hotfixes the game would be flawless.

Rift Chaser

Less "soulbound" stuff, more "bind to account" stuff.

As an example, it would be nice to be able to spend the piles of currency I don't need on my main for some armor for my alts.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Wink

Everything account bound. If it happens all of Trion gets lunch in Meridian, Sanctum or where ever.

Ascendant

Return to a subscription based model. Then remove all the nickle and diming from the game that was introduced with F2P. Make the game worth playing, and worth paying again.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Planar fragments are my one thing. Either get rid of them, or give us direct control over our stats. There is far too much RNG involved, in a game that has become bloated with multiple layers of RNG.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

Resurrect and viable PVP.
    More attention form the devs, more bug fix, sooth down obliterating builds, reduce damage, viable melee.
    New ranks, new gear tier tied to ranks, cosmetic items, like mounts.

Bring back Port Scion and retire Tomb.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Have Volan attack Sanctum and Meridian now and then, show new players some awesomeness, or go full One Tamriel and make every zone relevant, go anywhere, quest anywhere, do all Dungeons/Raids while scaled to appropriate levels and abilities tuned to such.
    This would be amazing!

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Incentives for testing things on PTS so we don't continue the trend of live testing things for 2-3 weeks after a content patch.
    Agreed. I think this is mostly the root of all of the other problems. More people testing means more bug reporting, more feedback and more work being put in from both players and developers before a patch / expansion goes live.

I know when I asked keyens about this a while back, he stated that giving out incentives means creating rewards, tracking said rewards and overall work that takes time and resources from other things, but something needs to be done in this regard to help polish things up before they go live.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Agreed. I think this is mostly the root of all of the other problems. More people testing means more bug reporting, more feedback and more work being put in from both players and developers before a patch / expansion goes live.

I know when I asked keyens about this a while back, he stated that giving out incentives means creating rewards, tracking said rewards and overall work that takes time and resources from other things, but something needs to be done in this regard to help polish things up before they go live.
    Remember that fun Lack of Info thread? Apart from everything else that was mentioned there I did make a suggestion about PTS player-dev testing that could be easily done without spending any resources or even time. Just stop limiting all your communication to Discord only and start announcing testing events across all your platforms (you know, just like this thread was posted ;)). Yes rewards would be nice, but I'm sure a significant amount of people would love to go test stuff with the devs just for the fun of it if they knew about it beforehand and if it was made clear that all feedback and reports will be considered (yeah not just the "I love this, everything's great" stuff). Keep Discord as your (voice)chat platform for communicating during said events if that works best but please, please start notifying people beforehand or even make it a weekly testing event or something - not everybody needs rewards, but people need to plan their time and to do that they do need to know there's going to be dev-player testing.

Not saying incentive isn't needed - it's very important, obviously, but letting people know their help is actually needed and appreciated would also be nice.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Default #DeleteLegendaryFireStorm

Remake, or remove, the graphics from Legendary Firestorm and the new one (that's even worse than LFS) from the Primalists.

I'd rather drop 100,000 Tower marks trying to get a Death Fragment, and not get any, than keep those two over-bloated spell visual effects. There's nothing worse than a bazillion mages all casting that crap on a mob while trying to see the ground for any mechanics.

#DeleteLegendaryFireStorm
    Last edited by Dimples; 08-04-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    A full blown planar assault on the capitals every now and again would be AMAZING.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Jsn
    Shadowlander

Default Fragments

To be able to re-roll certain stats on a fragment. For example: you get a fragment for a dps role to level 12, but the last stat is something like Dodge. Being able to re-roll that stat with Cosmic Cores. (Something similar to Diablo III's re-rolling stat system).
    <Crayons>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast