+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Otwist

Thread: Long time absentee, back after 5+ years, frustrated by Celestial Lands

Shadowlander

Default Long time absentee, back after 5+ years, frustrated by Celestial Lands

I got back about a month back, played a week for free before going Patron 3 weeks back.

Loved the storm legion zones, lots of fun, lots of new stuff to learn, great quest lines.
    Thought the Plane of Water was pretty well done also.

Then came Celestial Lands, soon as i was 65 i headed on over. Got a bit of a shock in how hard the mobs hit and how long they took to take down compared to The later stages of Tarken. Especially the planar stuff, have not been able to do a rift since i got here, so a game called rift and i can no longer do them (solo at least), Did a minor 66 one when i was level 66 with a partner, took soooo long.

Ive kept my Outfitting and Runecrafting to the max i need to equip and generally got better gear that way than quests and drops.
    I have my ascended weapon.

I mean, my little pony land was like weird for me, but ok, i get it, i rolled with it. Started off painful, but better gear helped alot.

First half level into Gedlo and i am now considering calling it a day. At the point now where quests are sending me to areas where its so densely populated, you cant move without aggro'ing half a dozen mobs, and those mobs dont die easily.

I am mage with pet, tried switching to other roles to no better success. Its not that i cant win, its the time it takes and effort to get basically little to no enhancement/reward, at least compared to Storm Legion and Water Plane.

My play style is 100% solo, i cannot easily group as i get to play 10-20 minutes at a time.

Did a quest that took like an hour, no kidding, prophecy quest. Lots of riding around, had to kill a fair bit, sure i did some mining in between, but an hour for what equates to 3% of a level ?

What i am trying to say is, why the change in tact by Trion ? everything up to now allowed you to move at a reasonable fast pace where you dont even think about levelling, it just happens whilst your having fun. But now feels like a total grind.

Was Celestial well received by the community ? or is it the red haired stepchild ?

Just needed to rant a little (ok, alot).

Soulwalker

You jsut need to get to lvl 66 and you get your green set- suddenly mobs dont hit that ahrd and drop in 1 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by makii View Post
    You jsut need to get to lvl 66 and you get your green set- suddenly mobs dont hit that ahrd and drop in 1 sec.
    As this guy said. Gear scales considerably post 65. That's kind of the quick and easy way to balance expansions these days. I'm surprised you didn't reach 66 before completing the other zones. Why not give planetouched wilds a go until you reach 66? You're missing out on a whole zone there.
    Fwob - Zaviel

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-leveling.html

take a lookie here.

as a mage, i suggest going either harbinger, or pyromancer.

harb is tough, and pyro can burn down enemies super fast.

and yes, enemies hit really hard. in the beginning, i couldnt kill more than 2 enemies before i had to stop and drink myself back to full HP (because i had less than 20% hp left). this is with vampiric essence.

donot try to use pets. it will be a nightmare.

in general, the time to hit max level has been drastically increased with 4.0. i could comfortably hit 1-50, 50-60, 60-65 with a single XP vial. i use THREE of them from lvl 65-70.
    story quests that reward 4 mil xp barely move your meter by a single percentage... its a grind, alright.

but i consider it good. it prepares you for a worse grind that is yet to come when you hit lvl 70.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Shadowlander

Forgot to mention, i am 67.5, with highest starweave cloth i can wear. Green set ? The stuff that comes in the quests is not as good as the craftable stuff

Shadowlander

I just went the Harbringer. Oh boy what a difference, but i just dont feel very castery.....

Quote Originally Posted by Otwist View Post
    I just went the Harbringer. Oh boy what a difference, but i just dont feel very castery.....
    then play a caster

or ignore your procs and manually cast them. protip : dont.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Otwist View Post
    First half level into Gedlo and i am now considering calling it a day.
    Did you start by Gedio first? Scattheran should be your first zone. The first mobs in that zone have just about the same stats as the Tarken Glacier mobs.

First weapon you find should increase your DPS by 25%+, and when you hit 66 your first legendary point should double your DPS (or your burst anyway). From this point it's quite easy.

The goblin camps in Gedio can be a challenge due to large numbers, but it's not more than that.
    After you find a weapon and get a legendary point, if you're still having trouble it's probably a spec problem. Plenty of good specs/guides on the forums!

I leveled my mage as warlock IIRC and soon as I got my first legendary point, it was basically godmode til level 70.

+ Reply to Thread