+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Am I the only person having trouble with Maze of Steel?

Soulwalker

Unhappy Am I the only person having trouble with Maze of Steel?

The quest maze of steel, I cannot get past this quest. Simply put, I can't get past the 2nd phase because, even with using the shield/heal I still end up dying to the beam. I can't dps it down fast enough (cleric/druid spec) to speed it up either, I think that's more of a gear issue though. I have watched the one guide on YouTube and I seem to have the fight down now, I understand what to do, still I cannot get past the beam eating me up. Am I missing something? Really pulling out my hair here.

King of Slackers

LoS
    /10char
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaozz View Post
    The quest maze of steel, I cannot get past this quest. Simply put, I can't get past the 2nd phase because, even with using the shield/heal I still end up dying to the beam. I can't dps it down fast enough (cleric/druid spec) to speed it up either, I think that's more of a gear issue though. I have watched the one guide on YouTube and I seem to have the fight down now, I understand what to do, still I cannot get past the beam eating me up. Am I missing something? Really pulling out my hair here.
    - Go inquis for more burst and save the 65 mastery heal for when you need it.
    - Save the shield for when ahnket channels Obliteration.
    - Use the heal reactive heal only as needed. Usually after obliteration.
    - LoS Crucia when she goes immune (behind any of the pillars that spawn)

I died about 10x on my warrior, but that was on day 1 and no prior PTS experience so don't feel too bad about it. You definitely want to play a spec with more burst though and ranged.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Wait until Ahnket starts to cast the Beam, then use the shield, don't use it as she's building up the 'charge', that might be where you're going wrong.

Could also hide just as she starts to cast the beam, that will work, failing all that, go a healer spec, will take ages to kill both bosses but at least you wouldn't die, i tried it as Chloro (Mage) on PTS and ended up always at full health.

Of course i nearly had all of Game of Thrones watched on Netflix by the time they died.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the tips <3 I'll try those out and keep at it!

It is easy even in melee just dps crucia and interrupt obliteration...when crucia becomes immune pull the other mob behind a pillar and dps it there LoS crucia and so on always changing targets as they fo immune until it gets to about 20% then your companions will finish it of i did die couple of times to before i realised there where pillars to LoS its realy easy no matter wht spec you use but if you want to be safe spec as holly sugested or go shamy justicar amd druid for OPness.Gl m8
    Last edited by bollesti; 07-29-2017 at 12:59 AM.
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

Telaran

No you're not the only person having trouble with this fight. As a matter of fact, this gets asked quite frequently in chat. Here's a video guide to that encounter:

Though the video is in German, there are English subtitles. So make sure you turn them on, if you cannot read German. The fight lasts obviously longer, if you are less geared, but the mechanics stay the same: Hide at the right time and don't forget to interrupt.

Good luck with your fight!

Telaran

Default Beyond difficult.

This quest has completely disheartened me. I spent days maxing out my Chronditic weapons and helm, used my tower frags to buy the strongest armor just to be one shot. It wouldn't be so bad if the camera would not keep zooming in and out while trying to hide behind the rock from Ankhet and if it didn't insist on wanting to get at melee range which in turn makes it impossible to hide from him.
    Now this has really put me off the game and I now feel nauseous about playing it. I realise that if you are not in the know through being in an experienced guild there is rather alot of information and know how that you don't become privy to and have to stumble along by trial and error. Trion don't publish anything to help and it seems that most of the guys who used to youtube builds gave up around version 3.5.
    After 3 1/2 years it might be time for me to move on too. It was fun when it was fun.

Soulwalker

I too can't complete this quest. It's stressing me out! Also from my understanding, I'm not able to get daily quests until after I've completed this quest. I wish we could party with others to complete.

It's pretty easy tho

hadnt played for like 3 months or so,
    came back just to do the storyline, took me 5 tries with a massive load of lags to beat the quest.
    ez

solution is simple:

------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

General of Telara

The thing that I couldn't figure out myself was that you pretty much need to be hidden before Ahnket starts to channel the beam to interrupt it, when the channeling started it, LoS does nothing. There is only a pretty short pre-cast you need to LoS, which means you must pay very close attention to the yellow text announcing it (that I still find very hard to read or even notice in combat, and when I started playing my UI layout was broken so I could only see half of it in a corner).
    Also the first beam comes pretty much right when Ahnket becomes active, so run straight behind a barrel.
    And then hope you're not unlucky with timing that you need to LoS Crucia and Ahnket simultaneously, it was close together for me on my successful attempt.

All in all, if you do it right, you don't need any of the reactive skills (unless your build doesn't have an interrupt, but you really want to keybind it), if you do it wrong, you'll most likely die anyway, shield and heal or not. I barely survived one beam, but the CD is too long to use them on the next one again. And no average equipped person will burn through the phase with just one beam.
    Last edited by Lynx3d; 07-29-2017 at 07:37 AM.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

3rd times the charm. The first time I had to die because both bosses bubbled up. 2nd time I didn't pay attention to the nuke from Crucia. I only heard people mention to use LOS mechanics.

As Shaman, the fight was rather easy. Deep Freeze Crucia at beginning and burst her hard. That puts her in the shield mode and Ahnket starts chasing you. Hide behind a pillar!
    If this is not possible, then "Shift+F"(focus) Ahnket to notice when she is about to cast the beam. When she is almost done casting the beam, THEN use the shield reactive you have. The shield only last 2 seconds, so if you use it too quickly, then you won't have much protection. When done so, the damage is minimal and the heal easily patches you up.

When Ahnket is dragged behind a pillar to avoid Crucia, then just whack her until she bubbles and then hit Crucia again. Keep paying attention to the beam from Ahnket, if you can't burst Crucia down into the next bubble phase.

It is possible to LOS Ahnket, IF you hide behind a pillar before she starts channeling the beam on you. Don't bother though, since you only need to concentrate on when to use the shield. There really ain't much else on the battlefield to avoid.
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

One possible solution is to give yourself extra heals. Even though I knew and could do the strats my alt is relatively low geared and there was simply too much damage even with using the heal reactive only when necessary. I changed my 65 mastery to planar variation, (soul stream for mages?) and put it in a macro, cast @self planar variation.

This gave me an extra full heal that is even able to take Crucia's beam if the reactive is down and still maintain full health, and I was able to get it on the next pull.

Good luck,

Thunder

Soulwalker

its explained very badly, here it is what you have to do to have a easy time.

1) kill the first to 50% (try to lure him near pillar, cause 2nd boss will lasershoot you to death)
    2) hide behind pillar so you dont die by pew pew lazers
    3) now here it comes:
    3.1) wait a bit behind pillar till spiderboss is on the other side of the map BECAUSE the first boss will still keep casting his ultimate and you cant disrupt it and you need to be behind a pillar all the time BUT because laser pew pew and other boss ultimate will get you eventually- its much safe to get spider on the other side of the map BECAUSE the first boss ultimate WONT REACH THAT FAR- so youre safe and easy to kill spider.
    3.2) so get spider on other side and shield and heal whenever you can- AND whenever spider is ready for his pew pew laser- hide behind pillar (thats why you also need to stay near pillar- but dont drag spider near pillar- you need to stay near it NOT SPIDER- cause laser pew pew will get you when she comes to near to pillar).
    3.3) now get spider to 50% and swich to other boss
    3.4) swich again till both drop to 20% hp
    4) done, thank me later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast