+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Am I the only person having trouble with Maze of Steel?

I've giving up on this quest which means I can't advance.
    I gave the game away for a year so am a bit rusty but still think with my cleric spec inq i have no hope of getting passed this. I have read posts on how to do it but us poor clerics don't run fast and inqu has to stand in red to cast main spells. So i will do a few achievements and then it looks like good bye again.
    Ps I have tried about 40 times and can't interrupt as like most cleric spells are s h t.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    I gave the game away for a year so am a bit rusty but still think with my cleric spec inq i have no hope of getting passed this. I have read posts on how to do it but us poor clerics don't run fast and inqu has to stand in red to cast main spells. So i will do a few achievements and then it looks like good bye again.
    Ps I have tried about 40 times and can't interrupt as like most cleric spells are s h t.
    I have not done this puzzle but from what I see in your post there's something wrong with the way you're playing cleric.

You have a fast CD int, and you have at least two legendary buffs that make ALL your main dps spells cast on move. You do not have to stand in any red as long as you're managing your CDs right. Again, I have not seen this maze but Inq allows a lot of mobility and ranged DPS as long as you're playing it right.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Soulwalker

Default I've had enough

After a multitude of attempts at this quest I almost got it. Now the last three attempts both Ray of Oblivion and Thunder Blast are being cast simultaneously. WTH am I supposed to do with that mechanic?? It would help if Ahnket was not on top of the "barrel" you need to use to LOS.

Taking a break for now, will try again later... maybe.

I've had enough

After a multitude of attempts at this quest I almost got it. Now the last three attempts both Ray of Oblivion and Thunder Blast are being cast simultaneously. WTH am I supposed to do with that mechanic?? It would help if Ahnket was not on top of the "barrel" you need to use to LOS.

I've also tried multiple times to get this done and I know the mechanics and when to interrupt, etc. With Ahnket, on top of the barrel, it's pretty hard to LOS, especially when U also need to pay attention to Crucia randomly casting the Thunder Blast. It's usually Ray of Oblivion that kills me in that case because I'm not able to LOS it around the barrel.

I've gotten to the 2nd stage of fighting Crucia, though, and those red ground things are pretty much deadly if touched at all.

I've also given up (for the moment) on this quest and am VERY disheartened that I'm unable to progress and do dailies unless I do get it. It made my excitement for the new zone a lot less enthusiastic. I see no reason why this needs to be a solo encounter.

Shadowlander

When i first did this quest, i died twice, then said let me put a few points into a heal tree, then pew pew pew they was dead. Easy Peasy I didnt even use the reactive abilities.
    Last edited by Ragniros; 08-11-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Interupt? Read the reactive skills you were given. Your reactive interupts the skill, another reactive shields you for Ahnket's skill and the last reactive heals you. A warden could finish this quest.
    Last edited by Boase; 08-11-2017 at 08:53 AM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Shadowlander

I think most of the people here have done it when they were lvl70. I am lvl 69 with 210k health and that absorb reactive, when used, does almost nothing. I cant survive that, even with twilight transcendence active. Losing behind the pillar is not working every time because Akhnet can be visually far but his model is so large he stands 5-6 meters behind pillar and still kills you.

Maybe this quest should have lvl 70 requirement?

General of Telara

Just curious, anybody else tried what makii said, pull them apart so far that Crucia's one-shot doesn't even reach you? Would that be considered an exploit?

Other than that, pretty much everything has been said about the mechanics.

Should be mentioned that an addon that gives you better visible cast bars of your (focus) target is very useful, if not downright mandatory for those without just quest gear where Ahnkets beam is only survivable with perfect timing of the sield reactive, and even then I doubt it's guaranteed, since you'll not just stay at max health by compensating the base attacks only with vampire essence and/or a "cheap" healing passive in your DPS build's main or sub-soul.

And in contrast to Gharn, I'd say do NOT waste your burst on Crucia, it's the Ahnket phases where you need to react to both enemies and have to juggle with LoS and hope you don't get too unfortunate timing, so burst Ahnket as hard as you can, preferably right after you interrupted a beam and blocked LoS for Crucia again.
    Last edited by Lynx3d; 08-11-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rigamortiz View Post

My rogue main did this fight first try, no problem (>500k dps and massive self-healing in my solo spec, missed interrupting the beam and just healed through it, go figure). Yeah, then my primalist alt died horribly 8 or 9 times while I made adjustments.

Ahnket (bubbled or not) will chase you around. Although it's possible to LOS Ahnket's beam, it is not necessary, and probably not even a good strategy as the beam will follow you right through a barrel. Assume you'll get hit by the beam, so "focus" Ahnket before the fight even starts, to see her casting it so you can react correctly to the actual beam, not to the cast bar, with shield and heal.

If you cannot do massive dps (with decent passive healing), then it is easier to do the encounter with lower dps and a decent amount of repeatable self-healing (not just one big CD). Buff yourself for more health and faster healing, not more dps. For the entire fight, prioritize keeping your own health well above 75% (and shielded, if possible), so that the big guns don't one-shot you on one tick; E.g., shielding against Ahnket's beam too early or too late. While Ahnket's beam is up, shield and heal rather than dps. Outlive them rather than trying to burn them down.

Start by pulling Crucia away from center while she's active, and beat her down, interrupting her big cast; Ahnket won't be a problem until the first switch. Beware that Ahnket's beam may happen almost instantly on the first switch, hence the reason to focus her. On switch, pull Ahnket well away from Crucia (who won't chase you while bubbled) and use a barrel to LOS *Crucia* so that you can *ignore* Crucia's big cast (which always emotes, just to add to the confusion), reserving the reactive shield/heal/self-heal for Ahnket's beam. Rinse and repeat, only you have to keep watching for Ahnket's beam even while Crucia is active for the remainder of the fight. Keep Crucia LOS'd whenever she's bubbled.

Once you understand and can do the mechanics, this fight is indeed possible with just about any viable solo/farming/raid spec (though you will take damage, and probably need more healing than just the encounter reactive and PA's vampiric essence and wild overgrowth). I don't know how/if pets would survive.

Shadowlander

Wink

I'm pretty sure most of the gap in communication here is due to people who were lvl 70 before Vostigar Peaks was released are taking for granted that you are doing this quest as lvl70.

A lot of f2p players naturally come to this quest as level 69, it is just the way experience is earned without patron bonus or vials.

Am I the only person having trouble with Maze of Steel?-ahknet.jpg

I bet is easy with 500k dps, but you can't do that as lvl69. As you can see from screenshot, Ahnet is doing almost 14k dps with his normal attacks and I have 200k health. I was never hit with his channel or with Crucia one shot, but still it is not possible to do it. At least not with a f2p rogue.

I'm taking suggestions on f2p rogue build with more self-healing, or at least tell me how to get 300 million exp I need to get to lvl 70

IA is quite crappy for that and main story is locked behind this quest. Taking suggestions!

edit: I've made it with 61NB/15RS, a bit of kiting and a bit of luck with cooldowns. It was a perfect try after at least 15 fails
    Last edited by Nammix; 08-11-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Gharn said:
    3rd times the charm. The first time I had to die because both bosses bubbled up. 2nd time I didn't pay attention to the nuke from Crucia. I only heard people mention to use LOS mechanics.

As Shaman, the fight was rather easy. Deep Freeze Crucia at beginning and burst her hard. That puts her in the shield mode and Ahnket starts chasing you. Hide behind a pillar!
    If this is not possible, then "Shift+F"(focus) Ahnket to notice when she is about to cast the beam. When she is almost done casting the beam, THEN use the shield reactive you have. The shield only last 2 seconds, so if you use it too quickly, then you won't have much protection. When done so, the damage is minimal and the heal easily patches you up.

When Ahnket is dragged behind a pillar to avoid Crucia, then just whack her until she bubbles and then hit Crucia again. Keep paying attention to the beam from Ahnket, if you can't burst Crucia down into the next bubble phase.

It is possible to LOS Ahnket, IF you hide behind a pillar before she starts channeling the beam on you. Don't bother though, since you only need to concentrate on when to use the shield. There really ain't much else on the battlefield to avoid.
    Tyvm Gharn! I was finally able to get this fight done due to your advice about just using the shield at the right time on Ahnket, instead of trying to LOS around the barrels (which usually didn't work anyways). I did watch the ray of obliteration cast from Ahnket more carefully this time and used the shield & heal near the end. I merely stayed behind the barrel to shield myself from Crucia's casts and hit Ahnket as fast & hard as I could. Ty for the great advice!

Soulwalker

40 deaths here and counting vids haven't helped as usually die because ankhet stays on pole and can't los or lag causes her cast bar to be delayed

#1 worst quest I have seen in many mmos
    Last edited by wjbodin3; 08-11-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Soulwalker

Sadly, we are in the boat as well. My wife and I are both unable to complete this quest. Maybe I'm just too slow on the reactions or just bad luck. We recently leveled up our characters from the beginning and didn't have any difficulty with any quest until this one. This is the one time that I miss the feature from City of Villains where you can "auto-complete" a quest (could do it once every 24 hours). I would gladly pay diamonds to get past this quest or even if a "pity-timer" was added, e.g. after 5 deaths, a memory crystal would appear and let you just move on.

I got a little far on one attempt, but after death it completely reset. If I could continue where I died from, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Not really sure why this bothers me so, the ability to not move on, etc.; however, it is enough to allow our Patron status' to end.

We'll keep checking the patch notes and see if any help comes along.
    Last edited by Vongalin; 08-12-2017 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Corrected typo

My girlfriend and I are having problems with it. I'm a lvl 70 warrior and she's a lvl 69 cleric. I'm currently trying to get through this...slowly progressing each time, but not by much. It's frustrating. Neither of us are really geared and both of us are below 200k for health. We want to advance, but we can't until this is completed. Honestly a poor choice on the teams part. This is more like a raid mechanic (and not everyone raids, shocker). At least they should've made it a 2 player instance. Have a healer in there with you since someone mentioned they pretty much healed themselves through the blasts.
    I have noticed the beam from Ahnket goes through the barrel...so in all honesty I don't think you should worry about hiding from Ahnket. Worry about hiding from Crucia. Just time that shield ability just right (literally right as Ahnket's "ray of obliteration" is about to end).
    Anyways, I'll give it a few more tries and hopefully all goes well. Will do some of the tips a few players mentioned and see if that helps any.

Quote Originally Posted by Geneveiveee View Post
    I have noticed the beam from Ahnket goes through the barrel...so in all honesty I don't think you should worry about hiding from Ahnket. Worry about hiding from Crucia. Just time that shield ability just right (literally right as Ahnket's "ray of obliteration" is about to end).
    Anyways, I'll give it a few more tries and hopefully all goes well. Will do some of the tips a few players mentioned and see if that helps any.
    I'm surprised it's possible to 2 man it, but oh well...

You can avoid the beam from Ahnket, IF you hide behind a pillar before her channel starts channeling on you. It doesn't matter though, since it's not enough damage over time if you time the shield right and then use the heal overwards.

Crucia can be completely ignored when she's bubbled and you're fighting Ahnket behind a pillar, because Crucia will not start any nukes when she's bubbled or can't see you.
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast