+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Will next week's scavenger hunt require grey crafting mats?

Plane Touched

Default Will next week's scavenger hunt require grey crafting mats?

Mitch's task required some crafting mats last year that were changed to vendor fodder when the expansion was released. Crafting recipes were changed accordingly at that time, but Mitch's task doesn't use a recipe.
    Last edited by Bigguss; 07-25-2017 at 06:07 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

You're quite right, having checking the Holy Book that is Slipmat's Notes on all thing Rift i see Mitch's "No Strings Attached" does indeed need some obsolete crafting mats, the full list is:

8x Sticky Tar from the tainted jellies (neutral mobs) in Blackwater Forest
    40x Pelagic Fragments
    40x Rewoven Diaphanous Cloth
    1x I
    nelastic Thread (crafting reagent from Rift store)

IF it's not fixed anyone with these old mats could be sitting on a nice earner.

when they changed them to grey mats the davs did say they would change the summerfest quest too... we shall see tomorrow if they have or not!

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    when they changed them to grey mats the davs did say they would change the summerfest quest too... we shall see tomorrow if they have or not!
    Speaking of summerfest. Does anyone know if someone, say myself as an example, has not completed the phase 1 quests, cant I complete then this year? Can I pick up them today and complete them next week? Can I even pick them up next week?
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

phase 1 quests are available for pick up and completion throughout the whole event, so yes you can pick them up today and still complete over the next 2 weeks, or pick them up middle of next week if you wish
    phase 2 quests wil be available from 3:30pm thursday (tomorrow) but you will only be able to pick up each phase 2 quest if you have completed the relevant phase 1 quest already... meaning if you still have phase 1 mathosian quest active tomorrow, you wont be able to pick up phase 2 mathosian quest til you finish phase 1 quest.
    the event finishes on 11th august. after that, any quests you still have active will disappear from your quest log

Sword of Telara

phase 2 quests wil be available from 3:30pm thursday (tomorrow) but ...
    Since Summerfest started late I would assume that Phase 1 would actually run until Friday 2:59:59pm (server time).

Nazzir@Faeblight
    <Shadetouched>

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
    Sadly, I misread your post at the time and thought you were speaking of the Carnival quests (which I mentioned and did fix) as opposed to the Summerfest subquest which you clearly stated.

That said, the subquest has already been flagged to autocomplete for when it turns on tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Sadly, I misread your post at the time and thought you were speaking of the Carnival quests (which I mentioned and did fix) as opposed to the Summerfest subquest which you clearly stated.

That said, the subquest has already been flagged to autocomplete for when it turns on tomorrow.
    Doh! But, hey, you get a quest completion, and you get a quest completion; everyone gets a quest completion.
    Nazzir@Faeblight
    <Shadetouched>

I hope summerfest will last till after that weekend, since it was introduced combined with VP zone...

And with the extra downtime, crashes and summer bugs, it wouldn't hurt to have that extra weekend ;)

As for having to complete Hunt 1 before being able to accept Hunt 2... I'm not 100% sure that's the case.. But we'll find out soon enough ^^

Ral
    Rift Master

...you will only be able to pick up each phase 2 quest if you have completed the relevant phase 1 quest already...
    If this is true it is new this year as every previous year I have completed the two phases simultaneously and am quite sure I had both phase meta quests available at the same time. Although I generally don't pick them up until I finish the individual zone quests, so I may be mistaken.

Nonetheless even if you can't get the second phase meta quest you can still do the individual zone quests and once you get the meta quest it will automatically reflect the zone quests completed at the time you pick the quest up.

Thus you can wait until you complete all the quests, then pick up and complete the meta quests all at the same time. As they award 100 badge each, one can maximize boosts and save quest slots by not picking them up until ready to finish them all at the same time at the end.

At least this is how it has worked for every previous year and it does not appear any changes were made to the event quests whatsoever.

I expect the Steppes of Infinity Phase 2 quest will again be autocomplete as well this year.

P.S. Can we get event token vouchers of larger denominations (like 100 and 1000)?
    Last edited by Ral; 07-27-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    If this is true it is new this year as every previous year I have completed the two phases simultaneously and am quite sure I had both phase meta quests available at the same time. Although I generally don't pick them up until I finish the individual zone quests, so I may be mistaken.

Nonetheless even if you can't get the second phase meta quest you can still do the individual zone quests and once you get the meta quest it will automatically reflect the zone quests completed at the time you pick the quest up.

Thus you can wait until you complete all the quests, then pick up and complete the meta quests all at the same time. As they award 100 badge each, one can maximize boosts and save quest slots by not picking them up until ready to finish them all at the same time at the end.

At least this is how it has worked for every previous year and it does not appear any changes were made to the event quests whatsoever.

I expect the Steppes of Infinity Phase 2 quest will again be autocomplete as well this year.

P.S. Can we get event token vouchers of larger denominations (like 100 and 1000)?
    thanks for this info
    im usually completely done with phase 1 before phase 2 hits so ive not seen the event from this perspective before, but this year with 12 chars to complete on and VP release on the same day, we are no where near done with phase 1 yet! so we will defo get to see tomorrow how it all works when phase 2 hits before you finish phase 1 quests

Soulwalker

Default Quest did not autocomplete, and appears to be broken

This quest did not autocomplete for me. Mitch's quest tells me to
    * Collect Sticky Tar from Tainted Jellies in Blackwater Forest 0/8
    * Collect Inelastic Thread 0/10
    * Collect

So I got the 8 sticky tar. And as I collected Diaphanous Cloth off of critters, the Thread count went to 10/10. But Collect is still white and no idea what I'm supposed to do. I talked to a person that said he just completed the quest using the old information and to check the AH.

So I found rewoven diaphanous cloth on the AH, but when I hoover over it, it mentions Mitch's Task Collect Inelastic Thread 10/10. I looked at pelagic fragments and they don't say anything about Mitch's quest when I hoover over them. I'm hesitant to buy 40 of these considering they are 1.5p each.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

It will complete with 1 inelastic thread, the jellies and 10 diaphanous cloth, at least it did for me.

Quest description is a bit wrong...

Most likely, they put in a fix, that switched the numbers from cloth with the thread.

I've seen chars that had one part grey/ready but needed the sticky tar and the collect <blank>

I can only assume the 10/10 should be the cloth and the <blank> should be the 1 inelastic thread from store, crafting reagents... price 1p50

I certainly hope nobody went out and bought 10 threads for 15plat before getting the sticky tar.

And I hope Trion puts in the hotfix to autocomplete, so nobody lucks out anymore on the free autocomplete so many others did get...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast