Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Kinada
  • 2 Post By Orochan
  • 2 Post By Poshy

Thread: so many problems while leveling

Default so many problems while leveling

1. Mobs hit hard.
    2. Mob density is very high.
    3. Quests are not enough to hit max level. Heck, even with carnages, you'll still be short a few hundred million XP.
    4. Quests are longer than usual.
    5. Artificially inflated quests. Only some quests. Take the Ashfall one, for eg. Where you have to kill 6 lieutenants. The pathing is really inefficient, almost as if they wanted us to waste time running around, instead of giving us all the locations at once so we could figure out the most efficient path to take.
    6. Same old boring models. NPCs and items. Reusing old content. Blech.

Atleast turn down the mob density. It is the WORST in the northeast zone. I forgot its name. Bloody trees chase you right across the map and the toads/frogs keep pulling you in. I'm never going to step foot into that zone again.

As such, the current leveling experience leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

And no, I'm not using patron or vials. If your game requires those to hit max level, then it is not really free to play, is it?
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Gedlo Badlands and especially Xarth Mire are cramped with mobs... It makes for a challenge to take them on or figure a way around them (challenge is good). I do admit some of the quests in those zones (and Ashenfell) are way to long or too much back & forth.

Soulwalker

#3 is the real problem. An unfinished expansion that doesn't have enough content to get you to max level without opening your wallet is pretty garbage.

You can finish leveling in vostigar peaks now though... so there's more than enough content to go from 65 to 70. I know it's late, but better late than never imo.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

This was a big topic before but I never understood why. The main storyline quests even with all the carnages will not get you to 70 if your not patron, but there are dailies after each zone that give a ton of xp as well as zone events and rifts. If your leveling I would recommend doing at least the story type instanced quests in each zone you have cleared and the invasions or rift dailies. Also dont forget your tenebrian schism carnages when your 69 and as another poster suggested, move into VP and you will certainly be able to max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    You can finish leveling in vostigar peaks now though... so there's more than enough content to go from 65 to 70. I know it's late, but better late than never imo.
    are you SURE?

i've got to the questchain where you "liberate" the animals from storm legion. I had 10% xp to lvl 70 before starting, and I have 43% xp to lvl 70 right now.

you're telling me i've only done roughly a third of the quests in the new zone (since i got roughly 30% xp by getting so far, so it means there's still 60% worth xp more in the zone?)? if so, then by gosh, the new zone must be bigger than i thought.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

+ Reply to Thread