Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift going downhill fast !

Default Rift going downhill fast !

So Rift just now went from positive to mixed reviews on Steam this is exactly what this game did not need! Please Trion go back in track and look what made people love this game once and it had overwhelmingly good reviews. You are not choosing the right path, it donīt matter if you think you know what's best, in the end itīs your public who keep the show going! Letīs see, you killed one of the best pvp available in an mmorpg! Fail! that made lots of people leave! You started putting important stuff behind paywalls (ear rings) this made more leave,maybe you fixed this now ? Iīm not sure ? thought I heard a while back that this paywall was removed? if it was, the people who left do not know? Just a few things but there's a start, revive PVP cause it was one area where Rift really shined above other similar games and good pvp creates a loyal community! Advertise the game and itīs changes to rid it of the pay2win stamp !
    Last edited by karlxii; 09-15-2017 at 08:39 AM.
    in game name: Vikingmetal , Member of Morbid Angels @ Gelidra,hit me up any time if you need an extra sword
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17592041&dateline=145  2743904

Plane Touched

Default and let us level via crafting again. i have vertigo and

i dont give a crap about dungeons, raids, bis, and etc. i like to explore, but i want to do it in peace as much as possible. if this is not brought back, i will not renew my long standing patron, nor will i ever patron a trion game again. and i dont think i'm the only one who will quit patron over this. we do talk.

Quote Originally Posted by karlxii View Post
    So Rift just now went from positive to mixed reviews on Steam this is exactly what this game did not need! please Trion go back in track and look what made people love this game once and it had overwhelmingly good reviews ! you are not choosing the right path ! it donīt matter if you think you know what's best ! in the end itīs your public who keep the show going ! letīs see ! you killed one of the best pvp available in an mmorpg ! fail ! that made lots of people leave ! you started putting important stuff behind paywalls (ear rings) this made more leave ! maybe you fixed this now ? Iīm not sure ? thought I heard a while back that this paywall was removed? ! if it was the people who left do not know ? ! just a few things but there's a start ! revive PVP cause it was one area where Rift really shined above other similar games and good pvp creates a loyal community ! advertise the game and itīs changes to rid it of the pay2win stamp !

Rift Disciple

Yes ! I also use punctuation like this ! Fail ! Fix Rift ! Bad game ! Dead game ! Buff clerics ! Bring back master looter ! Stop the boulder ! Flatten the hill !

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Just to add some context to this thread here, having worked on several game titles that went to Steam, this is unfortunately just one of those things that happens. Steam reviews in general are hard to gauge (or other review sites where a large quantity of people can submit their votes) due to a fair mix of trolling, misunderstandings, not having realistic expectations of a game before downloading, among other things. We don't feel that the Steam reviews themselves are an accurate assessment of the quality of the game, nor that it is as you said, "going downhill fast." In fact, with our very recent game update for 4.2 Celestial Storm, we've seen a nice bump in number of players. That being said, we are continuing to monitor the feedback on Steam, as well as on the forums to plan ahead for upcoming changes we can make to help the game stay fun and engaging for players over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Just to add some context to this thread here, having worked on several game titles that went to Steam, this is unfortunately just one of those things that happens. Steam reviews in general are hard to gauge (or other review sites where a large quantity of people can submit their votes) due to a fair mix of trolling, misunderstandings, not having realistic expectations of a game before downloading, among other things. We don't feel that the Steam reviews themselves are an accurate assessment of the quality of the game, nor that it is as you said, "going downhill fast." In fact, with our very recent game update for 4.2 Celestial Storm, we've seen a nice bump in number of players. That being said, we are continuing to monitor the feedback on Steam, as well as on the forums to plan ahead for upcoming changes we can make to help the game stay fun and engaging for players over time.
    Iīm sorry but this donīt make any sense? you can clearly see the number of players is steadily getting smaller, and steam charts reflect the overall popularity of the game, steam users are no special breed of gamers they reflect the overall community, and to deem their views and opinions as "not very accurate" wont do you any good . ofc there's a "bump" in population when itīs an update, new people and also returning veterans who is hoping to get the game back they once loved, the thing is we want them to stay donīt we? and not just be a bump that's gone within a week ? this sudden change in the reviews are connected to this update to this canīt be denied , sadly
    in game name: Vikingmetal , Member of Morbid Angels @ Gelidra,hit me up any time if you need an extra sword
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17592041&dateline=145  2743904

Telaran

Default Too much and not enough hours.

What I have noticed is that now the world has got so big, there don't seem enough people to make numbers up for what's going on. Complaints like the OP's, push their agenda in a vain hope that Rift will accommodate their wishes and I don't have a problem with that. So to add a fair ballance and counter this suggestion, I would like Rift to ditch all PvP, Instant Adventures, Warfronts, Chronicles, Dungeons and Dimensions so that people have to do only open world content rather than hiding away in their cliquey little groups.

Iīm sorry but this donīt make any sense? you can clearly see the number of players is steadily getting smaller, and steam charts reflect the overall popularity of the game, steam users are no special breed of gamers they reflect the overall community, and to deem their views and opinions as "not very accurate" wont do you any good . ofc there's a "bump" in population when itīs an update, new people and also returning veterans who is hoping to get the game back they once loved, the thing is we want them to stay donīt we? and not just be a bump that's gone within a week ? this sudden change in the reviews are connected to this update to this canīt be denied , sadly
    People like to bring up steam charts often as "accurate population numbers". I don't think anyone can refute that the playerbase isn't as big as it once was in comparison (key words there) to Vanilla and Storm Legion, but the game still has plenty of people playing it, enjoying it and supporting it or we wouldn't see any content coming at all and it would be dead like warhammer. Rift was never a steam game to begin with and most people never have and still don't launch it through steam.

Unhappy players tend to be the loudest even if they're the minority. I'll reiterate that if this game were really as bad as some people complain then it wouldn't be around at all. As I always say though, not everyone's complaints are invalid and some people do give legitimate criticism, but they at least keep it constructive.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Rift Chaser

OP is right tho. Do Devs even know whats going on in PVP? Any of them plays PVP at all?

Every class is able to hit above 100K, primalist is able to hit above 200K, while average lvl65-69 players have 200-220K HP, average lvl70 players have 250-300K HP.
    Seriously, a genuine question how long does it take to amend damage modifier for PVP? 1-2 hours? A whole working day? Is this too much to ask? At least 20-30% damage reduction is a must, otherwise only stealthed rogues will queue for only domination maps.

Personally reviews are just - whatever -

Just to give you a classic example:
    When we go back in time to the year 1998 Half Life got all the praise and Sin which released at the same time got completly overshadowed by it, especially in the reviews. Nowadays there are reviews on youtube that understand what made Sin special.

As a gamer you shouldnt always go with the flow, you shouldnt always be super mainstream, instead you should have your own opinions. Otherwise you might miss something.

And for themepark MMOs like Rift reviews are tricky by default, not to say pointless. There are so many aspects of the game and people have different interests and preferences. Ultimately the studio has to decide where the priorities should be, as no MMORPG can put their focus on everything.

Personally I would have liked more focus on PvP for this xpac, but that doesnt mean I would support downvoting an entire themepark MMO because of that.
    Last edited by Ongar; 07-22-2017 at 02:05 AM.

Steam revamped the review system, only verified users/buyers can post visible reviews, they removed all who get the game for free too... so that being the case Rift is always free, so the new rules don't really apply and the reviews could be questionable.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Darodarai View Post
    and let us level via crafting again.
    Strongly agree with that, what exactly is wrong with doing a quest and receiving XP as part of the reward, as is the usual way with quests?

Part of the appeal of Rift was the flexibility provided with regard to how you choose to level, why is crafting now so wrong?

Too much emphasis now on, kill X number of mobs, hand in, kill x number of mobs, hand in, etc etc.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Well I expected that "We're never going to put paywalls in front of content except xpacs" certainly didn't last long (Earring slots...). Maybe these reviews are also a result of policy that completely disregarded the opinion of 90% of the player/former patrons?

The game, as it is now, would not receive a good review from me at this point and I can only agree with the OP, that trion is the one not delivering up to the expectations. It isn't Trolls, unfair review or 'misunderstanding' what you have to offer, it's trion disappointing and disappointing again.
    Rift going downhill fast !-azeroth.jpg

The above picture used to be your standard, unfortunately it seems that time's over.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...te-is-now-over
    Last edited by Eomund; 07-22-2017 at 08:22 AM.

Ascendant

Without addressing the state of the game...
    Just saying that Steam's opinions are probably the least valuable of all Rift players.
    Steam, by its nature, is more used by people who play a lot of games over short period of times... People having libraries of hundreds(thousands ) of games, etc...

For these people, a game that last years with not so much change (i.e. an MMO) will not be as popular. I'm sure the reviews of the non-steam players would be better than the steam ones, if only because steam players, on average, are more commonly game-hoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Without addressing the state of the game...
    Just saying that Steam's opinions are probably the least valuable of all Rift players.
    Steam, by its nature, is more used by people who play a lot of games over short period of times... People having libraries of hundreds(thousands ) of games, etc...

For these people, a game that last years with not so much change (i.e. an MMO) will not be as popular. I'm sure the reviews of the non-steam players would be better than the steam ones, if only because steam players, on average, are more commonly game-hoppers.
    Nice theory ! I do not think there is a big difference at all, a gamer is a gamer is a gamer ! those without steam accounts might use origin etc.., or collect physical copies of games in their home what's really the difference ? It`s pretty stupid to just wave of a large portion of the community cause they play trough a client that offers non Trion games ainīt it ? the health of the game is indeed reflected on steam even tough there are many playing outside steam it gives a hint of the overall state of it ! Iīm concerned about this game I like it , got 3k + hours on it and am started on black tier loyalty ! Iīm not here trying to hurt it , quite the opposite !
    Last edited by karlxii; 07-22-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

i like new map and quest whit mount we need more quest whit cool epic relic stuff not blue lame armor or green but for pvp i say this put new prestige rank maybe 200 new achievements with cool wardrobe or something bring back valor and vengeance on armor bring back epic relic armor in pvp and put prestige lock on them like the old days and remove elo its lame not working when was no elo all had 50/50 chance to win now its like you lose 8 or 9 win 1 or 2 and again lose 8 or 9 it's just going downhill slowly with elo rating
    Last edited by GrounDust; 07-22-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast