Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift going downhill fast !

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by riftloreseeker View Post
    some of the you should share the blame for decreasing the population with your trolling and degrading. robbing rift of money and resources and making trion to decide on budget cutting or dime and nickle pinching desperate business decisions.
    Did you ever hear of this thing they call cause-and-effect relationship? Angry customers do not just fall from the sky, there is a bunch of reasons why people get mad at Trion after paying their game for years.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    Dev resources seemed to be wasted on many things, LFR was supposedly alot of work and does it get used? Apparently not as most form groups in chat just like before. Fragments system was originally abysmal but it got reworked into just being terrible, now after over half a year of more of the same feedback it's again got to be reworked.
    Agree with pretty much everything you said. Just wanted to touch a bit more on this part. Like i said before, there's way too much wasted development time on features that are a bad idea when they are already on the drawing board. Like you said LFR and fragments fall in here, and also Fortress events, yet again. They have just been scrapped with 4.2 while they took a lot of development time and fixes/adjustments. And by the looks of it the Ashenfell ones have been scraped already as well, which were supposed to come.

Looks like when it comes to brainstorming new features they are shooting in the dark and most of the times completely miss. This in turn makes them having to redesing these features later on and rework them or scrap them. And as such way too much time gets wasted for nothing in the end, well things might break in other places as consequence so it makes things even worse.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 07-24-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Champion

To be fair, the player community begged and screamed for the LFR tool for years. It's the same player community that decided to not use the tool at all. Don't blame everything on the Devs.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    To be fair, the player community begged and screamed for the LFR tool for years. It's the same player community that decided to not use the tool at all. Don't blame everything on the Devs.
    While a part of the comunity did do as you said, the LFR the way it's implemented just doesn't work or serve that purpose.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    While a part of the comunity did do as you said, the LFR the way it's implemented just doesn't work or serve that purpose.
    Correct, it doesn't work... Because nobody uses it.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Correct, it doesn't work... Because nobody uses it.
    One of the main failings of LFR in Rift was that it gave players the choice to join a que or enter physically.

LFR was moderately successful in WoW because there was no other way to enter the instance. You had normal locks, and you had the LFR locks, but you HAD to group up random to use your LFR lock. This forced both experienced and inexperienced, guilded and non-guilded players to come together to attempt to down bosses. Did it always work out? No, but the way it was implemented forged cooperation and success through sweat and frustration. I maintain that in the long run, it helped a lot of fledgling raiders "grow up".

Because guild groups can just zone into TD of their own accord, LFR (I would imagine, I had almost stopped playing when TD came out) is filled with 95% noobs who have no idea what they're doing. There's no veterans who can guide them through mechanics and tell them what they're doing wrong, because all the vets just group with 9 of their friends and faceroll the place. The overall population in LFR is also much lower than it could have been as well, which I'm sure contributes to the insane wait times.
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 07-24-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Forcing people into LFR would be even worse. People generally don't like being forced.
    This would - maybe - work with EM raids, since raiding guilds would work towards progression in NMs and HMs, while casual folks who don't care about progression could have access to raids via LFR, but that requires every current raid to actually have a normal and a hard mode, so that easy would only be accessible via LFR, normal via both and hard mode via physical entrance. That being said it would still feel limiting but not as much as it would have been if LFR was the only access to raids.

From my personal experience, things like LFG and LFR seem to fail in other games with group content as well, most people would still use their guild or a world chat to group up rather than grouping tools. It's not that there's something wrong with LFR in Rift or that it's badly implemented, it's just it wasn't needed as much, and it would be used more if it worked for all instances and if the population was higher in general.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by riftloreseeker View Post
    you do not know what kind of budget and resources rift has.
    they got plenty of people who shelled out their hard earned money for 4.0. i remember there were atleast a few thousand people playing on launch day. and then you have the black tier ninjas. it costs ~5k USD to get to that tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    Temporary issues like bugs eventually go away,
    why not create a robust that has a mininum of bugs? people have been giving CLEAR and CONCISE feedback to the rift dev team for half a decade. did they listen? NOT A SINGLE TIME. show me one time where the devs took any notice of what their players were telling them.

i hope rift gets more negative reviews. this game deserves it

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    because all the vets just group with 9 of their friends and faceroll the place.
    everyone wants to down some bosses.
    nobody wants to put any effort whatsoever into the rest of the process (practice and preparation).

as long as we keep on rewarding mediocrity, we'll continue seeing this sort of stuff.

i have a crazy idea.

a training ground.

a person would enter a room and be faced with a boss. you gotta deal with its mechanics and kill it. all gear would be downbolstered.

better performance would give a better ranking (bronze, silver, gold, etc). if you cant finish it, then you wont be allowed to join a LFG/LFR nor will you be able to enter expert dungeons and raids.

performance would be tweaked to each class. eg, paragons would be forced to LOS behind a pillar every minute, instead of every 40 seconds as a pyro or tempest or inquisitor may be.

or heck, just make it a dimension. people can create entire encounters, can set solo challenges, so when you complete them, and you get a reward (gold/silver/bronze/potato). same deal. less work for devs.

and now, the LFG/LFR system would try to match up people of similar rankings. everyone is happy. the low performing people are kept out of raids and the high performing people dont get bogged down by scrubs.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    they got plenty of people who shelled out their hard earned money for 4.0. i remember there were atleast a few thousand people playing on launch day. and then you have the black tier ninjas. it costs ~5k USD to get to that tier.

why not create a robust that has a mininum of bugs? people have been giving CLEAR and CONCISE feedback to the rift dev team for half a decade. did they listen? NOT A SINGLE TIME. show me one time where the devs took any notice of what their players were telling them.

i hope rift gets more negative reviews. this game deserves it

everyone wants to down some bosses.
    nobody wants to put any effort whatsoever into the rest of the process (practice and preparation).

as long as we keep on rewarding mediocrity, we'll continue seeing this sort of stuff.

i have a crazy idea.

a training ground.

a person would enter a room and be faced with a boss. you gotta deal with its mechanics and kill it. all gear would be downbolstered.

better performance would give a better ranking (bronze, silver, gold, etc). if you cant finish it, then you wont be allowed to join a LFG/LFR nor will you be able to enter expert dungeons and raids.

performance would be tweaked to each class. eg, paragons would be forced to LOS behind a pillar every minute, instead of every 40 seconds as a pyro or tempest or inquisitor may be.

or heck, just make it a dimension. people can create entire encounters, can set solo challenges, so when you complete them, and you get a reward (gold/silver/bronze/potato). same deal. less work for devs.

and now, the LFG/LFR system would try to match up people of similar rankings. everyone is happy. the low performing people are kept out of raids and the high performing people dont get bogged down by scrubs.
    Awesome idea the training ground ! Also Trion need to rework the introduction area itīs to ugly ! I read many reviews where people only has like 1 hour gameplay not even out of the intro area ! and they all complain about bad graphics ! I remember I was not impressed by it myself ! this game have some beautiful atmosphere and visuals in some areas ! and that is what the new players should see when they start out !
    Last edited by karlxii; 08-05-2017 at 05:30 AM.
    in game name: Vikingmetal , Member of Morbid Angels @ Gelidra,hit me up any time if you need an extra sword
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17592041&dateline=145  2743904

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    i have a crazy idea.
    a training ground.

When I read this, I wonder if you are a troll or only one of these elitists who think everyone else is not deserving playing...

They already gated content behind solo things some people could not succed to do (Nighmare saga and cosmic particles say hi!)
    So you dream of gating GROUP content behind some solo test. This is nonsense.

For LFR, it was done to give an access to raid to players without a guild/friends raid group. Why would 10 people who know each other and can play together use this? it is not made for them.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, ā la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    Dev resources seemed to be wasted on many things, LFR was supposedly alot of work and does it get used? Apparently not as most form groups in chat just like before. Fragments system was originally abysmal but it got reworked into just being terrible, now after over half a year of more of the same feedback it's again got to be reworked.
    I agree.
    While there are so many bugs in the game, while half the souls are useless because lack of balance, while players are angry with the massive RNG on stuff, what happens?
    Some dev time is used to break or remove existing things, and the change is always worse for the players. Instead of removing working content, all dev's time should go to solve actual problems.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 08-05-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, ā la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by karlxii View Post
    Also Trion need to rework the introduction area itīs to ugly ! I read many reviews where people only has like 1 hour gameplay not even out of the intro area ! and they all complain about bad graphics ! I remember I was not impressed by it myself ! this game have some beautiful atmosphere and visuals in some areas ! and that is what the new players should see when they start out !
    When did you play in the noob zone for the last time?
    Because the two zones were reworked long ago.
    The new defiant zone is perfect, with elaborate graphics from SL. It is the end of the world, what do you want it to be like? Yes it is dark, and some people don't like this, for them the Guardian side is more "normal", but it is intended and it was this strange, dark and desperate feeling that got me hooked in the story the first time.
    Guardian zone is beautiful, too.

The only bad thing in these zones is that they streamlined them too much. You can rush through them too easily without paying attention to the surroundings and important bits of lore and background story can be missed.
    I wonder how many new players see what happens in the chambers behind the new spawning point in defiant zone. And if they don't see it they can't truly understand what it means to be a defiant. The spawning point should be put back there.

Quote Originally Posted by karlxii View Post
    So if only the disappointed are the loudest and do reviews ? how come Neverwinter catch up from mixed to very positive in the recent reviews ??
    It's the bi-polar, vocal minority swinging things from one extreme to another based on their desires being met or not when they demand it. Steam reviews are often littered with gross overreactions (whether positive, negative or simply nerd-raging) based around instant gratification more so than rational, impartial feedback.

Almost a year ago PWE released numbers indicating Neverwinter has 12 million players across all platforms, 7 million of that being PC (not trying to get into the world of subscriber number dynamics, just emphasizing a point here). Heck, I will even cut that PC number by 75% just to tickle your fancy and show you how ridiculous it is to use things like Steam reviews as a benchmark.

So, lets say Neverwinter has 1.75 million PC players. As of this comment Steam has 20,252 reviews in total. That means the Steam reviews are a mere reflection of 1.2% of the overall PC playerbase for Neverwinter. Again, that is me being generous and cutting their PC 'player number' down by 75%. Had I not, the steam reviews would even be more of an astronomically small reflection of the overall player base.

What type of rational agent would look at 1.2% of a user base and ascertain it's ability to entertain based on such a minimal reflection of it's users? Well, certainly not a rational one, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Airien View Post
    It's the bi-polar, vocal minority swinging things from one extreme to another based on their desires being met or not when they demand it. Steam reviews are often littered with gross overreactions (whether positive, negative or simply nerd-raging) based around instant gratification more so than rational, impartial feedback.

Almost a year ago PWE released numbers indicating Neverwinter has 12 million players across all platforms, 7 million of that being PC (not trying to get into the world of subscriber number dynamics, just emphasizing a point here). Heck, I will even cut that PC number by 75% just to tickle your fancy and show you how ridiculous it is to use things like Steam reviews as a benchmark.

So, lets say Neverwinter has 1.75 million PC players. As of this comment Steam has 20,252 reviews in total. That means the Steam reviews are a mere reflection of 1.2% of the overall PC playerbase for Neverwinter. Again, that is me being generous and cutting their PC 'player number' down by 75%. Had I not, the steam reviews would even be more of an astronomically small reflection of the overall player base.

What type of rational agent would look at 1.2% of a user base and ascertain it's ability to entertain based on such a minimal reflection of it's users? Well, certainly not a rational one, that's for sure.
    This game lost half of itīs player base compared to 2 years ago ! denying that wont help the game survive. You don't need to white-knight here. This thread is not about hurting the game or trion ! Itīs serious concerns I have about the future of the game ! a game I invested +3k hours in and are started on black tier that's allot of supporting cash ! But hey seems people like you think that if we all just bury our heads in the sand and pretend all is good ,the problems will go away !
    Last edited by karlxii; 08-06-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    in game name: Vikingmetal , Member of Morbid Angels @ Gelidra,hit me up any time if you need an extra sword
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17592041&dateline=145  2743904

Airien, be careful when arguing with statistics. While 1.2% may seem a small percentage to you, as long as they are not significantly different (i.e. a biased sample) to the overall population, the percentage representation is irrelevant. The sample size is huge. Feel free to play around with:

https://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

Many data analysts would kill for a sample size of 20k.

Also, calling people bipolar in the first sentence of a post pretty much shreads your credibility from the outset, no?
    Last edited by Linolea; 08-20-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast