+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Vostigar peaks ~ opie dopie puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Leave my mount alone
    Bo take a screeny from you with the mount the wings and those new primatic vfx rune on your weapons...and let me get some shades because you will be worst for the eyes thn a lazer show.
    Last edited by bollesti; 07-24-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Shadowlander

So nobody want to share his knowledge ?
    It's cool to taunt with your mount but mutual assistance is welcome on this forum, right ? ^^
    Don't be selfish because it's not cool to waste so much pellet for nothing.
    I've done the exact same thing on the PTS and the live and the result is different (chest locked), why ? Any tips welcome, thanks !
    http://forums.riftgame.com/attachmen...le-capture.jpg

Default Entrance

I might've missed something but I went through all of the posts and could not figure out where the entrance or starting point is. I'd like to attempt this puzzle myself too. Can anyone share where to start? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Somehow View Post
    I might've missed something but I went through all of the posts and could not figure out where the entrance or starting point is. I'd like to attempt this puzzle myself too. Can anyone share where to start? Thanks!
    The Mage's Tower. You have to jump up to the start.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    The Mage's Tower. You have to jump up to the start.
    Thank you!

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Khamus View Post
    I've done the exact same thing on the PTS and the live and the result is different (chest locked), why ? Any tips welcome, thanks !
    I visited 3 different tower and could not loot a single chest.

A) You have to visit the tower with the chest in the right order to loot them. (A small hint could have helped...)
    B) Another Vostigar Peaks "Feature" that just the first person on the server can finish/loot it.
    C) The platform trigger isn't working.

Perhaps DeadSimon can enlighten us?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: There was a bug so others and me could not loot, even when doing a legit run. Should be fixed now!

Guide for Dopey Opie Achievment:

You start the journey at Magician's Tower (3980,2053) 1st floor. Have at least 8k pellets for hungry Opie if you want to finish it.

I) Make sure your can zoom out like crazy to see every platform.
    => Goto AppData\Roaming\RIFT and change the "rift.cfg" to something like this, if you can't see all platforms:

II) Disable all addons you don't need, especially Gadgets & Co where you could missclick a frame while jumping

III) Drag and Drop your Opie abilities to your castbar, for quicker usability.

IV)
    Move backwards to align for your next jump, you minimize the risk of falling down and you don't need to use opies slow move ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    When I do it I set myself to "walk" with the '/' key. This is easier in my opinion than walking backwards although that does work too.

V) 90% of all jumps are easy and you just need to place opie near the edge of the platform and use the ability to reach the other platform.
    The only difficult jumps are when the platforms you want to reach are next to you but altitude difference (Z-Axis is the problem) because of opies parabola jump mechanic. For these jumps you need to move as far away as you can.

That is all you need to finish the puzzle. Have fun

Outro is showing that i can't loot...

EDIT: Should be fixed by now! Thanks DeadSimon

SPOILER! Right Paths Videos

Key #1

Key #2

Key #3

Key #4

Start 2:30!
    I'm doing 1 cycle in Keyvideo #4 - Skip from 7:40 to 9:57

Final Chest is on top of the building where you start!

Additional Videos for the missing "Electrifying" Achievment:

Is Something Burning?

That's Going To Leave A Mark

Awesome work, Thanks Dead Simon!
    Last edited by keepor; 07-31-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added Informations & Videos & Electrifying
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #37
    Rift Team

Default A few tips

There are check points along the correct paths that you need to hit or you will not be able to loot the chests.

In Keepro's case as there was a big edit in the middle of the video I was not able to see if that check point had been hit. But it certainly looked like you should have been able to loot the chest. I'll take a look at you character to check.

The only other reason for not being able to loot the chest is if you have that particular key already.

If you take some double jump weird short cut that is a way you might miss the checkpoint. I did try and make sure this was not possible but with over 250 platforms I have to admit there might be ways I hadn't thought off. I'll check on this too.

When I do it I set myself to "walk" with the '/' key. This is easier in my opinion than walking backwards although that does work too.

King of Slackers

There are check points along the correct paths that you need to hit or you will not be able to loot the chests.
    There is just one correct path per tower/chest? I thought you can cycle around a tower and take another way...

In Keepro's case as there was a big edit in the middle of the video I was not able to see if that check point had been hit. But it certainly looked like you should have been able to loot the chest. I'll take a look at you character to check.
    The last clip was taken from another attempt (PTS). I'll upload the full clip for the not loot bug in a minute. Here we go :

If you take some double jump weird short cut that is a way you might miss the checkpoint. I did try and make sure this was not possible but with over 250 platforms I have to admit there might be ways I hadn't thought off. I'll check on this too.
    Thanks for checking and perhaps you could change the colour of the checkpoint platforms, send a message "Half way ***" like the QF boss jump achievment when you trigger it or give a buff so everybody can track it. Is the checkpoint/trigger/whatever time based?

Feel free to send me some pellets on live
    Youtube
    Twitch

Shadowlander

Thanks Keepor for your answer and usefull tips !
    I've found the 2 on the right (maybe not the correct path ...) at the left I fell everytime at one platform that is super high and the path is very long until this place so i'm a little discouraged at this moment

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    There is just one correct path per tower/chest? I thought you can cycle around a tower and take another way...

You can. I put the check points in places that you should definitely hit before any of those choices are possible.

The last clip was taken from another attempt (PTS). I'll upload the full clip for the not loot bug in a minute. Here we go :

I'll check this out.

Thanks for checking and perhaps you could change the colour of the checkpoint platforms, send a message "Half way ***" like the QF boss jump achievment when you trigger it or give a buff so everybody can track it. Is the checkpoint/trigger/whatever time based?

They are intentionally hidden as originally I did not have them at all. They are there to stop some exploit behavior I started seeing on PTS.

Feel free to send me some pellets on live
    Answers within the quote

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41
    Rift Team

Default Should probably rename this achievement to Dopey Simon

So Keepro found a legitimate path that misses my check point. This is being hotfixed as I type.

King of Slackers

Added all 4 Keyvideos in my previous post, changed and added some infos.

Should be a semi full guide now
    Last edited by keepor; 07-25-2017 at 03:16 PM.
    Youtube
    Twitch

Rift Disciple

The only other reason for not being able to loot the chest is if you have that particular key already.

Thanks so much! I do /walk too. However, I don't understand how did people completed the achievements without getting bugged like Keepor and someone else in this thread claimed can't loot. I'm the third person who also can't loot. I just don't get it. I landed on that tower twice but still no loot. I looked up in my bags no key.

Edit: Yay, got my key! Still my favorite dev! ;)
    Last edited by Ailell; 07-25-2017 at 05:00 PM.
    Nereius@Faeblight

I found that turning on rp walk so that opie walks super slow was preferable to walking backwards (for me anyways)

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #45
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ailell View Post
    Thanks so much! I do /walk too. However, I don't understand how did people completed the achievements without getting bugged like Keepor and someone else in this thread claimed can't loot. I'm the third person who also can't loot. I just don't get it. I landed on that tower twice but still no loot. I looked up in my bags no key.

Edit: Yay, got my key! Still my favorite dev! ;)
    Whether you could get the key or not depended on the path you took. Some people were able to do it because they went over my check point first before getting to the chest, they took a different path than you. I have moved that point so that hopefully it is now impossible to get there without hitting it, whichever path you take.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast