+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By notawaifu
  • 1 Post By LucKeyHoleInOne

Thread: Help me understand planar fragments

Default Help me understand planar fragments

So they are now the "tertiary" stat, that can be changed at will.

lots of questions :

1. when i equip one, it says it will bind to my char, but on the tooltip it still shows BoA?
    2. im a primalist, is this list still correct? (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...?usp=sharing)?
    3. leveling a fragment from 0-15 takes over 3k plat, is it worth it? what is the best cost-to-effort level for fragments?
    4. can i re-use the leveled fragments on some other char? eg, use a lvl 15 CP fragment on all chars?
    5. in the spreadsheet, "byClass" tab, what does "tier" mean? that we must use a tier 4 item? or going beyond that tier is useless/not worth it?
    6. obtaining fragments is 100% rng? i cant "farm" a particular type?
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Isp
    General of Telara

1. Fragments BoA, but when you equip it you could only upgrade or destory it - no way to extract and reuse it.
    2. no idea
    3. Fully upgraded fragments are huge stats boost, if you raiding (IRotP, TD NM) you have to upgrade them, everything else in game easily done without fragments, but better to upgrade them at least to 6. But if you raiding you need to upgrade whatever crap you have and when you get slightly less crappy fragment you have to destroy previous one and waste money on new one - rinse and repeat.
    4. no
    5. Tiers mean rarity - it is very difficult to get tier 1 fragment, but it's very easy to get tier 6 crap. But it is not always the case that tier 1 is the best fragment for all elements.
    6. It is 1000% rng designed to frustrate people and drive them away from the game.

Fragments are the worst part of the game currently imho, they overcomplicated and plagued by rng, you could read about them here - http://www.thegharstation.com/2016/1...a-brief-guide/
    Last edited by Isp; 07-14-2017 at 02:35 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    1. Fragments BoA, but when you equip it you could only upgrade or destory it - no way to extract and reuse it.
    2. no idea
    3. Fully upgraded fragments are huge stats boost, if you raiding (IRotP, TD NM) you have to upgrade them, everything else in game easily done without fragments, but better to upgrade them at least to 6. But if you raiding you need to upgrade whatever crap you have and when you get slightly less crappy fragment you have to destroy previous one and waste money on new one - rinse and repeat.
    4. no
    5. Tiers mean rarity - it is very difficult to get tier 1 fragment, but it's very easy to get tier 6 crap. But it is not always the case that tier 1 is the best fragment for all elements.
    6. It is 1000% rng designed to frustrate people and drive them away from the game.

Fragments are the worst part of the game currently imho, they overcomplicated and plagued by rng, you could read about them here - https://thegharstation.wordpress.com...a-brief-guide/
    hey thanks!

as for point 5, i meant that why not go with tier 1 for all fragments?
    a.k.a. slap matt

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    hey thanks!

as for point 5, i meant that why not go with tier 1 for all fragments?
    Because that's not how they work. Each element has a tier list. On that list stats are assigned a tier. An element's t1-3 could have no stats for your class's dps - so t4 is the highest useful tier and bis.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 07-14-2017 at 05:19 AM.

King of Slackers
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Rift Disciple

I think your signature is a nice one word description of the fragment system.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Because that's not how they work. Each element has a tier list. On that list stats are assigned a tier. An element's t1-3 could have no stats for your class's dps - so t4 is the highest useful tier and bis.
    perfect, thanks.
    a.k.a. slap matt

+ Reply to Thread