+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree358Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Lack of information

I dunno, I did hear a call for tolerance once in the form of:

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    If you've never made a mistake I'd love to know how you won that lottery.
    Last edited by bitnine; 07-05-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    (PvPers haven't seen anything new in over half a year, at least recognize that that could be seen as boring and lame for people who care about this part of the game.
    To be obnoxiously fair, PvP in Starfall Prophecy disagrees. The last major change to PvP before this in my opinion was adding Iron Tomb.

Additional PvP comments can be found by Vladd in this post.
    Last edited by LucKeyHoleInOne; 07-05-2017 at 10:21 PM.

There's a lot more to unpack with this statement, but those were my thoughts. I'm really tired of the dismissiveness.
    I agree completely, this is just one example of many which show a complete disregard for how the players are feeling. This particular type of statement does nothing but escalate the frustrations of a group of players who, whether the intentional audience of Rift or not, enjoy a facet of the game.

The idea itself is dismissive of the question being asked to start with. Good customer service would dictate to empathize and identify with the customers frustrations. Instead of being dismissive, attempt to re brand in a positive light to your company. Offer self help options that would allow them to show there frustrations perhaps by referring them to the forums to make a lucid and suggestive post. Show some kind of support showing you are on the customer's side. Never ever suggest that your product is inferior and you would rather go somewhere else.

One thing I realized is that no, the customer is not always right, That however does not mean that you cannot identify and attempt to alleviate there fears. I know a lot of people in this game that still pvp and that is what they want to do when they log on this game. They truly enjoy it and many of them are patrons, or want to go in and kick *** with there awesome wardrobes looking all pretty.

I am sure there is some future plan or ideas being tossed around internally for pvp. Even if not they could be told that while there is no large scale effort to invest that you would relay the message. Never, ever, ever refer them to another company (i know AA is Trion published, I am talking about referring people to guild wars ect). That is literally putting your own employment in danger.

Seriously, I just don't...just wow.

Rift Master

I miss Elrar

Quote Originally Posted by LucKeyHoleInOne View Post
    To be obnoxiously fair, PvP in Starfall Prophecy disagrees. The last major change to PvP before this in my opinion was adding Iron Tomb.

Additional PvP comments can be found by Vladd in this post.
    Ohhh right, the last major PvP change was removing PvP content! And was also met with a dismissive post containing outdated information (Port Scion wasn't 45 minutes at the time it was taken down, it was 15 or 20 min). We offered solutions in that thread that got ignored, as well. Which kind of proves the point of this thread.

Rift Disciple

Ohhh right, the last major PvP change was removing PvP content! And was also met with a dismissive post containing outdated information (Port Scion wasn't 45 minutes at the time it was taken down, it was 15 or 20 min). We offered solutions in that thread that got ignored, as well. Which kind of proves the point of this thread.
    Removal is still a change, but yes. Dismissing suggestions does help support a part of this thread.

Out of curiosity, has the PvP map pool rotated even once yet?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by LucKeyHoleInOne View Post
    Out of curiosity, has the PvP map pool rotated even once yet?
    They never rotated. But they gave us all the maps back permanently, excluding Port Scion which got deleted. (The best one imho.)

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    They never rotated. But they gave us all the maps back permanently, excluding Port Scion which got deleted. (The best one imho.)
    I tried finding out when the WF's were going to get rotated by asking Vladd and the conversation went something like this:

Me: Who is in charge of the WF rotation?
    Vladd: I am
    Me: Oh good! Any idea when the rotation will start?
    Vladd: Who knows!

And that was the end of that conversation. Still, Discord is only there for "off the cuff responses".
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Telaran

i can only agree with the points made in this thread.
    I´ve also been around quite some time with 2 breaks in between and never was i so disappointed in how Trion handles the community as i am now.

There are days (not weekends, mind you) where no dev post is made.
    With the current situation of the game, i don´t think that is acceptable in any way.

Also, i´m kind of scared what the response to this thread will be, if any at all...

I miss Elrar too (i still believe that this was the biggest mistake Trion / Rift did)

Rift Chaser

Default Same song- different day unfortunately- great thread though

Since SFP came out (and even before) there have been numerous threads from many players- especially the experienced veteran ones pointing out many different problems- lack of communication and dismissive attitudes among them. Rift had a robust and caring and loyal player community and it has been (largely) driven off- and the only reaction is a shrug and a wave.The reason you cannot find guides any longer is because the people who wrote them have left the game. Raiders and serious players usually write the guides because they want to min max their builds and post videos and guides to raids so they can play with other raiders who know what to expect. That took a nosedive when no raid came out for months- and no one cared. The not caring is a terrible business model. In addition- players who feel that no one should complain on the forums are not helping either. Unless you have played this game for some reasonable amount of time and have seen the changes many of us allude to you cannot tell what has been nerfed or axed or made worse. Such things need attention- not eyewash, brushed off, or shut down. We want to make things *better*. Some of us have given up- but it is because what we loved is no more or is crippled. It is like a betrayal of sorts.
    Last edited by Andracleric; 07-06-2017 at 06:32 AM.

Plane Walker

There are some important things that really should be covered:

* Engage with the community
    * Acknowledge feedback
    * Communicate with players and keep them in the loop

Those are important even if the vision is not what a particular person agrees with or the feedback is not acted upon.

To be honest, I have not felt this happening in a while. The live streams are hit or miss with how they can be focused on a single topic or contain a lot of joking around. Which seems absolutely fine as long as things are being taken care of through another channel.

Then again I am not on Discord so I might be missing something. I do end up relying on Clowd's posts. Bless him for doing that, but it always feels like I am catching up and it obviously cannot capture things as timely as upcoming patch notes or current PTS status.
    !

As someone who worked customer service for a big company, I, too am baffled by the official word being "go away and play something else." During my training, I was taught to never refer to other company's products or imply that the product might not be for the person I was speaking to. That was in order to attempt to reduce churn. Instead, we have this game which tells you that if you aren't a specific brand of casual or whale to go away and do something else.

Naturally, people tend to go away when they are told to go away.

Like today Brasse got a lot of questions on why PvP was being neglected, and this is the response we got:

It's astonishing because:

A) It implies that Rift PvP is not designed for competition ("I play PvP for fun" but she goes to AA for a "real" PvP experience? Why isn't competitive PvP considered "fun" by her?)

B) It doesn't acknowledge the concerns of the customers who are asking her questions. No empathy (PvPers haven't seen anything new in over half a year, at least recognize that that could be seen as boring and lame for people who care about this part of the game).

C) Implied within is "go play Archeage if you want that experience." Asking someone to roll a brand new character and form connections with a guild on AA, as well as fully gear out a new character and master a new MMO is a HUGE ask. It's also telling people to go away, which isn't something you want to do as a representative of the company.

D) It offers no hope of the situation improving for people who care about the PvP in this game. If Rift isn't a PvP centric game, why keep stringing the PvP community along like this? What's the point of offering something in the game, yet doing literally nothing to acknowledge their experiences and make them feel like a valued and valid member of the community?

There's a lot more to unpack with this statement, but those were my thoughts. I'm really tired of the dismissiveness.
    Offering to go and play AA baffles me too, one of the worst p2w, grindy, RNG based game. I wouldn't go to play that again.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    This is, in my opinion, easily the most important subject right now. We understand that there will always be things that a company cannot (should not) disclose to the consumer, however, Trion continually uses that as a means to deliver less information than needed. Just going to be blunt here, but for a group of employees that supposedly love this game and love the community, you seem to only be interested in the Trion Community.

When you consider the thought process of a person, you have to consider the end result and how you get there. It's one thing to communicate internally and come up with something that will benefit the entire community. It's a completely different thought process that says "we should send a message out to the community". Yes, you make decisions that will better the community, but you aren't taking that next step.

For example, the patch this week and last week. The community depends on weekly patches and the communication of those patches. Last week when someone said "hey, we're having problems with the patch and won't be able to make the deadline.", Where was that next step? What was the Community Manager's thought process that didn't jump straight to "we should send a message out to the community". Did anyone at all consider the community, let alone the one person who's job it is?

Instead, we get "It's think it's pretty clear that there was no patch planned for today. =P". Completely ignoring the fact that it was outright condescending and incredibly rude, unprofessional, and dismissive of the community as a whole, can you 100% honestly say that you would not have asked about the patch or even wondered about it? If you cannot 100% honestly say that you wouldn't, the first thought should be to communicate it to the community.

And yes, even if you don't think so, it was an incredibly rude and disrespectful response to a completely valid question.

This week we were spared from the condescending responses because there was no response. Even worse than late, we got nothing. Yeah, it's clichéd, but it is better late than never. Acknowledge that it was not your intent to leave the community guessing for the second week in a row and apologize for treating your community in a way that's less than they deserve.

How many times can we say this before it sinks in? Big picture stuff, you're doing fine. Somewhat punctual, in depth announcements about new developments (etc the livestream), but when it comes down to a small scale, more personal level, you seem to have no idea what you're doing. And that's the important part. Your responses to these types of concerns are less than reasonable and it does have a negative impact on the community. You are the face of Trion on the forums, so act like it. How no one above you has told you to look at how your comments are perceived, how you would feel if you were on the receiving end is astounding. It's scary.

I understand that you're all human. I understand that the game won't be perfect. I understand that you will make mistakes. But just talk to us. I promise that as a whole we can be very reasonable.

But overall, remember this: I'd rather sit and wonder what you should have said than feel hurt by what you did say.

ps I literally jumped on to say "I don't want to write some long drawn out message again so look at my post history", but this is a topic I am passionate about and would like to see discussion continue. Please keep the discussion civil. Hold yourselves to a higher standard and show a little bit of self restraint.
    This was really well said and has been expressed by multiple people throughout the year, yet the problem continues to exist and it is not being addressed. I don't know how many times it must be said before it will sink in to them. The lack of care for details and unprofessional responses (on multiple occasions) to issues is just astounding.
    Rdy@faeblight
    [Casually Elite] Gaming Community
    www.casuallyelite.enjin.com

BMX
    Rift Master

Hat's off to the OP for such an eloquently written open letter.

Evidently, there is no management seeing these types of concerns posted. Where does the buck stop? Right on Scott Hartsman's desk, that'e where. Yet, this and many things seem to slip right on by. What does the Trion profit and loss statement look like these days?

We have some devs that are having a great time with their click and doing whatever suits them at the moment. Again, No Management... SFP is the winner of the postage stamp of the bloody year, through the lack of a team leader dedicated to Rift. That team leader position should be answering to the stakeholders, simple as that. When the stakeholders ask, "Why are the profits showing as losses lately?" Perhaps there should be more consequence rather than a participation trophy... Perhaps some serious changes need to be made in the employee roster.

If I were a stakeholder in this franchise, I would be livid!!

Turn in a ticket and have a response asking you what you thought of the flowers growing in front of Trion's offices. Not remotely on topic. How cool is that??

Mass nerfs, lack of class balance, no more hybrids, micro expansions that have little content and no raids until 4.1 comes out. An "active player crisis" of epic proportions...

*puts soap box away and turns off the lights*

Telaran

I don´t know, i feel kind of disappointed that of the 3 replies the community received today, not one adressed this thread or gave any Information about this weeks patch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast