+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift Ultimate Edition from Amazon

Soulwalker

Default Rift Ultimate Edition from Amazon

I bought the Rift Ultimate Edition from Amazon last week, with the aim that it would unlock the 'locked' bag slot in the far right (the one that says will be unlocked with the ultimate edition) and the bank vault slot. When I received the game I entered both the core rift game code and the ultimate edition game code, but neither of these have unlocked the slots. I raised a ticket with the support desk on Friday (and then again yesterday) after receiving no reply to date (not great experience considering I am a patron). Does anyone know why this might not have unlocked for me?

> I raised a ticket with the support desk on Friday (and then again yesterday) after receiving no reply to date (not great experience considering I am a patron)

It has been zero business days since you submitted your first ticket. Just wait for support, and expect it to take a few more business days (and there's no need to submit multiple tickets for the same issue).
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 07-05-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the reply. Do you know what business days the support team operates? I submitted it 1.30pm in the UK on Friday 30th and it is now Wednesday July 5th (so 5 days) so I would have assumed that some of those are working days? I appreciate the Americas may not have been working with the long 4th of July weekend but as the game is played by an international community I would have hoped that there is support coverage from international offices?

Soulwalker

I've been through this as well this week, and I'm sooooo disappointed about Trion's response:

"Your request () has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

GM Zeltai (Trion Worlds)
    Jul 4, 08:24 CDT
    Hello,
    Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.
    I certainly understand how frustrating an issue such as this can be! Regrettably, there isn't any way for me to unlock that bag slot for you. However, I have forwarded this concern along to the development team so they can look into making any necessary changes to either the wording of that tooltip or how that bag slot can be acquired. I know this isn't the resolution you were hoping for, and I'm sorry I couldn't provide more help in unlocking that bag slot.
    If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT.
    Your reference number for this ticket is .
    Sincerely,
    GM Zeltai
    Trion Worlds Inc

Me
    Jul 3, 16:59 CDT
    Hi, I find it very unfair that there's no indication on which version of Ultimate Rift you need, so therefore assuming that it's the right one I bought. I am very disappointed about this, even though I've been playing RIFT on and off since beta

GM Zeltai (Trion Worlds)
    Jul 2, 16:49 CDT
    Hello,
    I sincerely apologize for any confusion this has caused! It looks like you got the older ultimate pack, which included the Ashes of History pack and the standard pack. Unfortunately, this isn't the same as the new Ultimate Rift Pack, which would grant that bag slot. I know this isn't the resolution you were hoping for, but since these are different packs, I'm not able to grant that bag slot for you. I'm sorry I couldn't provide better news regarding this request, and I wish you the best of luck in RIFT!
    If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT.
    Sincerely,
    GM Zeltai
    Trion Worlds Inc

GM Ithal (Trion Worlds)
    Jun 27, 17:00 CDT
    Hello!
    We appreciate your patience while we continue to look into this issue. Your incident has been escalated for additional assistance.
    You can update your ticket at any time by going to http://support.trionworlds.com and logging in with your Customer Support account name and password. Once you are successfully logged in, click "My Activities" in order to review or update any incidents that you have previously submitted. If you determine that you no longer need a response to your inquiry, please update it and select the "I consider this issue resolved" option.
    If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is .
    Sincerely,
    The Trion Support Team
    Trion Worlds Inc

Me
    Jun 27, 16:36 CDT
    How come the ingame tool tip says you need the Ultimate Rift Edition or the Nightmare Tide for that bagslot??

GM Ithal (Trion Worlds)
    Jun 27, 16:29 CDT
    Greetings Ascended,
    Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request to grant the Nightmare Tide Bag Slot to your account. The voucher you applied does not award the appropriate entitlement. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.
    Sincerely,
    GM Ithal
    Trion Worlds Inc

Me
    Jun 27, 15:32 CDT
    Hi, as far as I can read in the game, it says that you need either the Rift Ultimate Edition or the Nightmare Tide edition for the last bagslot to unlock. I bought this version that was shown to be Ultimate Edition, so why no bagslot?

GM Ithal (Trion Worlds)
    Jun 27, 15:23 CDT
    Greetings Ascended,
    I've reviewed your account, and can confirm the recent cods applied to your account are related to our 2012 Ashes of History edition of RIFT, and does not grant the Nightmare Tide Bag Slot. The Nightmare Tide edition of RIFT was released several years later in 2016. As this is working as designed, we cannot assist with granting this bag slot to your character.
    Sincerely,
    GM Ithal
    Trion Worlds Inc

Me
    Jun 24, 10:37 CDT
    I bought a CD key from E-bay for Rift Ultimate Edition, but it seems like the benefits ingame isn't there? Like the last Bag Bar slot is still locked"

Only edited the ticket number and my name out of the thread.

Default Ouch

I don't want to suggest that the customer service rep is being less than honest... but it is hard to believe they cannot resolve as something as simple as providing a bag slot (or there is something in place for them to have the team do so).

I don't know if this is just petty nickel and diming or standard business model stuff.

General of Telara

Stupid question, is it possible that you confuse "Ultimate Edition" with "Ultimate Nightmare Edition"?
    The latter is the one that gives (or shall I say gave, because to my knowledge there is no way to currently purchase it) the last bag slot and an additional bank vault.
    The former is just a really old package from before f2p that just unlocks stuff you already had as subscriber, i.e. bag 4&5 and 4 more character slots per shard.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

I can see that it would be very easy to confuse the two versions of "Ultimate."
    Let me look into this a bit more for us all. No promises, but we should make that more clear.
    Brasse

(And yes, we were all out of office from Friday afternoon until July 5 - our Independence Day weekend!)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    (And yes, we were all out of office from Friday afternoon until July 5 - our Independence Day weekend!)
    Always nice to get such an Information afterwards.
    Thank you.

I can see that it would be very easy to confuse the two versions of "Ultimate."
    Let me look into this a bit more for us all. No promises, but we should make that more clear.
    Brasse

I had asked about how to purchase whatever is needed to unlock this slot and another said they would get back to us, then nada.See http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...tly-buy-2.html

Soulwalker

I had pretty much the same reply from Trion support about there was nothing they could, I had purchased an 'old' version. However, whilst reading these replies, I saw TrionBrasse's reply and then glanced across at my game and the locked icon had gone and an empty bag slot was sitting there So, I don't know what strings were pulled, but thanks for helping out. much appreciated. Not to be cheeky mind you, could you also pull the same strings to unlock the 'Special' vault slot in the bank, as that also says it is unlocked with the Ultimate Edition, but is still locked ;)

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Righto, upon investigation, it's not that it was simply an older version - it was a an old copy of the launch version of RIFT that was simply (and incorrectly) labelled as "Ultimate" by the third party (private) vendor on Amazon. It was not sold directly by us. In other words, you probably bought the game you already bought.
    I didn't even know that there were old launch copies floating around - RIFT has been fully free-to-play for some time!

Buying software from third party (private) sales is always risky. Our team will work with Amazon to have those removed asap, before someone else runs into the same issue.

And yes, we unlocked your bag slot because YOU bought it in good faith, and inadvertently alerted us to these knockoff sales. I am not sure if the bank slot can be done, but I've put in a request. [Update: Archonix has given his blessing. Enjoy!]

Soulwalker

Default Where to find

Righto, upon investigation, it's not that it was simply an older version - it was a an old copy of the launch version of RIFT that was simply (and incorrectly) labelled as "Ultimate" by the third party (private) vendor on Amazon. It was not sold directly by us. In other words, you probably bought the game you already bought.
    I didn't even know that there were old launch copies floating around - RIFT has been fully free-to-play for some time!
    I will admit that I was looking into do the same thing in buying the "Ultimate" edition listed on amazon, wanting to unlock those bag slots and bank slot. So since Amazon is out, and I could not find a listing for it on the Web store or in Game store, where can I and others purchase the correct edition?

Soulwalker

Nightmare Tide Bag Slot
    Special Vault
    Nightmare Black Dye
    Planewalker's Call

All four of these functions were offered in packs starting in 2014, ending 2016. They're not currently legitamately offered by any vendor that I've been able to find. That could change, though.

"Trion Worlds" is still offering the Ultimate Nightmare Edition on Amazon UK here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trion-World.../dp/B00OL01HK2

I--and probably others--would like to know if this is a legit Trion marketplace. If so, is it just an oversight or what? Honestly the only thing I really want is the crab combat pet.

Soulwalker

My guess is that it is by a key seller, not Trion that is selling it.
    Since it says "Sold by Amazon Media EU S..r.l."

I think for me most of the confusion is that there is a "Ultimate Edition" and a "Nightmare Ultimate Edition". The UI does not specify what one, and if it is not for sale any more Trion needs to note that. Otherwise it just causes confusion for someone returning to the game.

Having locked content that you can't access just drives people to 3rd parties. Personally I don't trust the key sellers much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast