+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Rift 4.0 Free to Play

Rift Disciple

Default Rift 4.0 Free to Play

From the patch notes:

Prophecy of Ahnket is now FREE. For good. Forever!
    The madmen finally did it. Feels like a bit of salt in the wound for those of us experiencing buyers remorse with this expansion. I would assume this is due to low log in numbers, but that's purely speculation.

How do you all feel about this change? Anyone share my sentiments?

Default Glad to see it happen - finaly

You (we) got to experience it sooner.

Like most all things that one will *pay for* in this game...

We accept to pay for convenience, we accept to pay for *sooner*.

Nothing has changed in that aspect.

I just really hope that they make an impactful advertising campaign for this change; new/returning players can only be a good thing.

but seriously, 20-man already please.
    Last edited by Jool; 06-29-2017 at 05:40 AM.
    Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight
    Manumanu
    Defiant Primalist Faeblight
    Nordvegr

Soulwalker

i want refund.......

- Lets ask 40 bucks, we all say, well you said F2P but now it isnt

- Free weekend promotion, if you log in then you get free expansion (okay bit promotion)

- Buy with affinity...... joke already

- Free for all...... how deep is your fist already in my ***

What this planned all the way back at release already???

Deliver something good already and be proud of your product....

Shadowlander

I'm not bothered by this. I got an Opie on 2 toons, the large bag for all 4 of my chars plus a bunch of other stuff just for logging in anyway. I don't mind supporting games that I spend a lot of time on. For most of us, if they hadn't made the expac cost anything, we'd have still put the money into the game somewhere.

Soulwalker

We bought this expansion in good faith only to end up with a completely unfinished expansion. After 7 months we still haven't gotten the full promised content. And now the expansion goes free to play. Honestly I think we at the very least deserve either a refund or compensation.

Default #endlesswaveofTwitchSMORcs

Well, i Think every person who got it Before they made this free deserves totally a compensation because of what peeps been saying above ^

no doubt that decision will leave lots of player outraged
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rift 4.0 Free to Play-smorc.jpg  

I hope this will bring back a lot of players. Is it advertised wide range?
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Shadowlander

Default compensate players

ok I accept there is the free option, too every thing that those who pay get for paying.
    but at the same time, those who get soul packs, expansions, should get some type of compensation at the same time.
    they are the ones who are in the end supporting the game.
    when you wake up log in, and see, whooo I just paid x $ too you, and now its 100% free, or a week later its 50% off with no prior notice on a soul pay, expansion, one feels a little butt hurt too have spent money .
    compensate those who have paid prior for the expansions, souls, bundles.
    50 charges would be nice, crafting lures, any thing would be good as a token of good faith towards those who pay .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by LucKeyHoleInOne View Post
    How do you all feel about this change? Anyone share my sentiments?
    I bought two copies of the xpac for me and my wife around christmas for 10k plat each (EU). We never used them due to reasons well known to anybody who can read forums.

I logged in only once during the free weekend to get the xpac for free. I planned to put the two xpacs on the AH to see if I can cut my losses, but in the end couldn't be bothered. So if you ask me how I feel about this change: I don't care. I could have played for free since christmas, so nothing has changed for me. Honestly, if the game was good, I would play it and happily pay for it. As it stands now, even for free the game is not appealing to me.

So, anyone willing to buy an old xpac for 10k plat? It's a collector's item, and I can guarantee you that its value will begin to increase soon.

TM: This is not a guarantee. The item offered is worthless. No warranty included.

Rift Disciple

Software value decreasing over time is pretty much a given. If you played it for more than a few hours before now, you got your money's worth.

Only lesson I draw from this is: Why should I pay for any future expansion? This expansion wasn't polished, and it wasn't delivered on the advertised schedule (pardon me, legalistic weasel-words apparently say otherwise, my mistake). There was very little new, compelling, challenging or "competitive" here that warranted a premium price; the price did not eliminate paywalls for Personal Loot Charges and similar to obtain BiS gear (patron until last month, got exactly 7 Tenebrean Engines on my main, since I did not buy any charges).

The artwork is beautiful. I'm happy to have supported the artists that created Scatherran Forest. Tok's was pretty good, too, though not exactly my cup of tea.

The one and only advantage(?) to getting in early was joining zerg-fests that reduced the time to grind invasions, Colossi &c. Now it will take a lot longer to level gear... Frankly, not sure that's a bad thing, given how unchallenging the game is now.

I would have been just as happy to start for free this fall.

Fool me once...

Plane Touched

only that this is how it should have been from the beginning.....in my experience putting content behind paywalls never really works

I bought the exp. Not mad at all they are giving it away for free. I like someone above, got bags, mount etc with the log in bonus's.

Anything to bring more people onto the game I am in high favor of. I love this game and want to see it prosper.

Plane Walker

Was always going to happen.. Trion like taking things away from people and then giving them back at a later date.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Telaran

Hopefully this will terminate trion attempt to go P2P. Trion do not do that again.

Rift Master

While the question of the expansion going f2p was imo just a matter of time, i do find it interesting that it happened this soon. I find especially interesting that they have changed it to f2p before they have even delivered all the content that was advertised on the expansion page when it still had the price tag on it. That to me sounds very dodgy if not even on the more serious side.

One thing that this has even more confirmed though is my feeling that i can trust Trion as a company as far as i can throw them, meaning not a single bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast