+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laeti

Thread: Trying to like PVE

  1. #1
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    566

    Default Trying to like PVE

    With PVP completely gutted and ignored, I'm trying my best to enjoy the PVE parts of the Rift game instead. But it seems the PVE community is even worse then the PVP?!

    When I enter a random warfront it always pops under a minute. But when I enter both the looking for group and looking for raid thingies I can just sit there. Yesterday I gave up after 30 (!) minutes.

    I'm probably doing it all wrong. And I realize I'm supposed to enter a guild, socialize and advertise myself. Invest time, love and care in guildmaties and all that. But doesn't the difference in difficulty between finding a PVP group and finding a PVE group indicate that the PVE community is doing even worse?

  2. #2
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    When it comes to LFG for experts, usually the wait times are long to very long for dps/support. There is always a lack of tanks and sometimes healers and thus queue times for them are usually instant compared to dps/support which can take hours.

    I would imagine similar thing applies to LFR, but the system is not designed well and i don't think many or anyone even uses it anymore. It just isn't worth the trouble and problems/restrictions connected with it. So most TD groups you'll see are beeing formed through chat channels.

    Also LFG/LFR will not queue you up with people on your ignore list, which isn't the case with warfronts (on top of the roles sellection difference). So if you ignore list is long, or you end up on others lists you'll have an even harder time finding groups through those tools.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 06-26-2017 at 05:02 AM.

  3. #3
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    When it comes to LFG for experts, usually the wait times are long to very long for dps/support. There is always a lack of tanks and sometimes healers and thus queue times for them are usually instant compared to dps/support which can take hours.

    I would imagine similar thing applies to LFR, but the system is not designed well and i don't think many or anyone even uses it anymore. It just isn't worth the trouble and problems/restrictions connected with it. So most TD groups you'll see are beeing formed through chat channels.
    I have never witnessed anybody creating a group in a chat channel. And I still don't follow the logic. Manually forming groups via the chat seems like a much bigger hassle even then the looking for group function. At least that pops eventually, asking in chat has always had zero results for me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Also LFG/LFR will not queue you up with people on your ignore list, which isn't the case with warfronts (on top of the roles sellection difference). So if you ignore list is long, or you end up on others lists you'll have an even harder time finding groups through those tools.
    I have zero people on my ignore list, PVP-hate-whispers are a very good sign imho.

  4. #4
    shp
    shp is offline
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    I have never witnessed anybody creating a group in a chat channel. And I still don't follow the logic. Manually forming groups via the chat seems like a much bigger hassle even then the looking for group function. At least that pops eventually, asking in chat has always had zero results for me.
    That's weird cause there are groups for TD/fast experts/golems all the time on CE. If no one is forming, just do it yourself, you'll find people pretty quick.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    I have never witnessed anybody creating a group in a chat channel. And I still don't follow the logic. Manually forming groups via the chat seems like a much bigger hassle even then the looking for group function. At least that pops eventually, asking in chat has always had zero results for me.



    I have zero people on my ignore list, PVP-hate-whispers are a very good sign imho.
    Did you join cross events channel? There are like 5 groups forming eveyr hour

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shp View Post
    That's weird cause there are groups for TD/fast experts/golems all the time on CE. If no one is forming, just do it yourself, you'll find people pretty quick.
    ^this, groups for TD form on a regular basis, virtually around the clock

  7. #7
    Telaran Lelouch Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Guize, Xlav is from EU,
    no CE there

  8. #8
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    951

    Default

    The biggest reason for getting a group together in chat rather than LFR is that if someone drops from the raid and the group used LFR then you are locked into finding a replacement via LFR. If you form the group in chat then you can add any player if a spot opens up (through a drop or kick).

  9. #9
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    A lot depends on what region you're playing on and what time you're playing on as well. If you're on EU as mentioned above then it's probably one of the reasons for longer q times, but then if you're also playing off hours that'll make it worse.

    The reason why people prefer to form their groups in channels is that even though it takes longer to form a party, you can have requirements such as dps/hps and skipping/not skipping the trash, which is unpredictable in a LFG and many people just don't want to waste their time carrying others or running with a slow group. Since Rift is an mmo, joining a guild and socializing is kind of a requirement if you wish to have more options with groups, raids etc. If you're not into interacting with humans much, then the only thing I can think of is checking (and, of course, actually playing) non-dps roles (tank, heals); and then, if you come across a decent group - add them to your friend list and suggest running dungeons/raids together once in a while. I've actually found quite a few raid groups this way even though I'm not really into making friends and that kind of stuff.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Cenderze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch Vi Britannia View Post
    Guize, Xlav is from EU,
    no CE there
    On EU we just use level 70 chat instead!

    Plenty of TD groups forming. Golems and IRotP not that often (when I play at least) though but it happens.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

    (4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    On EU we just use level 70 chat instead!

    Plenty of TD groups forming. Golems and IRotP not that often (when I play at least) though but it happens.
    And if you can understand rudimentary German and French, you should join "Stufe 70" and "Niveau 70". Esp the German channel will have quite a few TD groups forming (they call it TT). As far as I know, virtually nobody uses LFR because when it came out it was buggy as frick and I don't think most (or all?) of those issues have been addressed. It's just not worth the headache.

    The dungeon queue will pop quickly if you can tank and heal. If all you can do is DPS then you won't have a good time, wait times are long, esp in EU and during off hours. There are less expert groups forming through chat channels, mostly because the LFG tool is horrible. But you will see the occasional "4 dps & 1 tank, must have 300+k DPS" group forming for speed dungeon runs.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts