+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
Like Tree156Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Is Balancing Done? or whats happening Rift Crew?

Plane Walker

The problem is that the firestorm changes probably destroyed the only mage spec which can keep up with other classes in pure single target damage with 4.2. The changes are a clear ST DPS loss to the previous build.
    Other classes like Primalist reaching > 1.3 million singel target dps in the golem foundry, I do not know any mage spec currently is capable of this.

@FateStayNight
    You have certainly tested the rogue on the PST, what values you reached ST in the golem foundry on the 72 Raid-Ready Practice Dummy?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    The problem is that the firestorm changes probably destroyed the only mage spec which can keep up with other classes
    It's clearly not a "change" for firestorm to not do damage.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    It's clearly not a "change" for firestorm to not do damage.

Let's hope. But still, your values would interest me.

Ascendant

Let's hope. But still, your values would interest me.
    Will give it to you when you get Keyens to tell me that it's 100% intended for an area of effect damaging spell to not deal damage.

Plane Walker

Will give it to you when you get Keyens to tell me that it's 100% intended for an area of effect damaging spell to not deal damage.

I do not understand why so many players have a problem with posting numbers.

Ascendant

I do not understand why so many players have a problem with posting numbers.
    I wonder why so many player thinking that damage spells not doing damage is a feature.

Plane Walker

I wonder why so many player thinking that damage spells not doing damage is a feature.
    Because I fear that could be a way to prevent a ElePyro 2.0 but these are only presumptions. Firestorm continues to doing damage but not to the primary target. As far as I know in the past they have already changed a ae ability so that this ability no longer hit the primary target.

Here is a parse of my ST DPS before the Firestorm QoL change with all fragments to level 15 (thanks to the unlimited plat on the pts):

As you can see, the damage from firestorm is relatively high which may lead to problems in battles with adds. I do not know how good other classes cleave in their 4.2 top DPS spec so this is ok or op. If you ask me, the Pyro should be cleave less or not at all in exchange for more burst (pyro has completely lost his burst with sfp mainly because flame volley is so weak).

With the Harbinger, we already have a spec that specializes in fights with adds thanks to Blademark, Lucent Slash, Luminus Weapon, ... but i think the Harbinger is too weak (especially single target dps) with 4.2.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #188

Fire Storm no longer dealing damage to affected targets is a bug. I fixed it internally this morning and it should be included for 4.2 launch.
    Systems Designer - Rift
    Warriors and Rogues for life!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Keyens View Post
    Fire Storm no longer dealing damage to affected targets is a bug. I fixed it internally this morning and it should be included for 4.2 launch.
    Thank you good to know

Plane Walker

After further tests I can say that with the latest PTS build (included Firestorm fix) I do less damage as with the build from 13.07.2017. With the old build I have achieved in several 5 minutes parses around 1.1 million DPS and was basically over 1 million DPS. Another mage Ishimui received similar results.

With the current build, I do an average of 930 K DPS.

My PTS Stats
    Intelligence: 36175
    Wisdom: 26475
    SP: 65614
    Spell Crit: 33232
    CP: 8604

I would be interested in the DPS values of other classes near the CP soft cap (9120) in the Golem Foundry, with the current build. Have you also noticed a DPS decrease?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13