+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eternal fragments for raid marks

shp
    Champion

Default Eternal fragments for raid marks

As we all know, Planar Fragments suck.

To mitigate its horrendous RNG nature, I came up with an idea of Eternal quality fragments purchasable for high amount of current tier raid marks.

Eternal fragments would have all dps or tanking stats, and you could choose main stat depending on tier.

This would serve as a quick and easy fix while still keeping original implementation in place until we get much-needed overhaul. Majority of population would still use normal fragments but at least there would be a way to obtain a guaranteed BiS. And I bet there would be quite a few people farming golems over and over again, spending massive amounts of credits for individual charges, just to accumulate marks.
    Last edited by shp; 06-11-2017 at 11:31 PM.

A full clear of iROTP gives 10,500 Ethereal Shards base. 500x3 for Seething Cores and 2000x3 + 3000 for the 4 bosses. Assuming Normal Tartaric Depths will give the same amount that will be 21,000 marks base per week when it launches. 35,700 for Silver Tier patrons with the cache finder perk.

LFR Tartaric Depths gives a base 450 and 765 for Silver Tier patrons x2 for a total of 1530. That's 37,230 marks per week for free out of the 42,000 weekly cap without the whales spending a cent. That means to cap out on Ethereal Shards the players that are most likely to spend thousands of credits on fragment coffers would only need to purchase 30 Rewards Charges for 6 Seething Core kills per week.

Since these Eternal Fragments will be guaranteed 5 stat role specific drops lets say one of those comes around in 1 out of 50 revered fragment boxes (conservative estimate.) 50 revered boxes cost 22,500 credits. In order to make these Eternal Fragments come theoretically close to breaking even from a business stand point when compared to what the whales spend on fragment coffers, with the known amount of free marks per week (37,230) and the above estimate, the weekly cap would have to be raised from 42,000 to ~132,000 and the Eternal Fragments would have to cost a minimum of ~95,000 Ethereal Shards.

Even still, a non patron with only the cache finder guild perk will be able to earn 22,995 Ethereal Shards per week. With gear drops and store prices on T1 raid gear they'll have nothing to spend those shards on in ~5 weeks (I'm already fully T1 geared minus neck and cape as those aren't currently available anywhere and there were players that got here sooner than I did.) At that rate non-patrons with no other benefits (treasure map, distinguished gift, etc) will be earning enough marks to purchase a fragment per month without spending anything. Those with benefits will be making enough to purchase one every 2.5 weeks, and those whom splurge on IRC will have all 11 Eternal Fragments in 8 weeks.

Capping marks would require ~18 rex worth of credits per week spent on IRC farming 112 Seething Cores. 3 cores per instance, assuming 4 minutes per kill and 2 minutes for zoning in and resetting, that's 14 minutes per clear. With 38 required clears to kill 112 Cores that's ~9 hours per week killing Cores. IF you've cleared first and iROTP requires the 15 minute soft reset that potentially turns into ~18 hours.

So not only would it be stupidly expensive (~$120 or ~44k platinum in REX), it would also be stupidly time consuming (between 9 and 18+ hours killing Cores) per week. And the real kicker is the full set for a whale would take 8 weeks (~72 - 144+ hours killing cores) and cost $960/352k plat, which is truthfully most likely still less than what they spend fishing on coffers with the current system.

I don't see it happening.
    Last edited by Stihl; 06-11-2017 at 11:48 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

shp
    Champion

Thanks for throughout and detailed input. I know planar fragments were designed with monetization as priority, but as you mentioned:
    At that rate non-patrons with no other benefits (treasure map, distinguished gift, etc) will be earning enough marks to purchase a fragment per month without spending anything. Those with benefits will be making enough to purchase one every 2.5 weeks, and those whole splurge will have all 11 Eternal Fragments in 8 weeks.
    In my eyes that's pretty fair and mirrors my thoughts - one fragment a month for ordinary player, about 2.5 weeks for raider who clears it all, shortest time for whales.

And it's not like there won't be a need to replace fragments later on, what has been already semi-confirmed by devs.

+ Reply to Thread