+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Annoyed player

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    11

    Angry Annoyed player

    I want to complain about Rift in general

    1 pay to level, because mobs after lv65 ridiculously hard to kill, following story quests
    2 support is very bad, have to go through many stages to send a ticket in
    3 despite players saying it gets easier as you level, which is rubbish, more the opposite
    4 rift is an awesome game, I find the mobs after lv65 over the top, they do insane damage to my char, in lv65 greens, couldn't they be toned down a notch please !!
    5 if I have offended anyone with this post, I'm sorry ok
    6 AND THE FREQUENCY OF RANDOM CRASHES IS ANNOYING

    And before I get a flood of complaints, it is hard, even with advice from the community

    Toiletroll

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Gharn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Did you start questing in Scartheran Forest, or did you end up in Gedlo Badlands? There is a rather big difference to the toughness of the enemies.

    What class are you playing and what roles are you using? Sometimes it helps a lot if you if you have a pet class where the pet can take the damage for you, or a subsoul that has a bit of healing power.

    As for the support, then I wouldn't know. I've only sent tickets ingame very few times, which was minor things and only took a day or two regarding an answer.
    Last edited by Gharn; 05-18-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

  3. #3
    Rift Master Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toiletroll View Post
    6 AND THE FREQUENCY OF RANDOM CRASHES IS ANNOYING

    Toiletroll
    Thats the only thing I agree with

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Kane Hart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toiletroll View Post
    I want to complain about Rift in general

    1 pay to level, because mobs after lv65 ridiculously hard to kill, following story quests
    2 support is very bad, have to go through many stages to send a ticket in
    3 despite players saying it gets easier as you level, which is rubbish, more the opposite
    4 rift is an awesome game, I find the mobs after lv65 over the top, they do insane damage to my char, in lv65 greens, couldn't they be toned down a notch please !!
    5 if I have offended anyone with this post, I'm sorry ok
    6 AND THE FREQUENCY OF RANDOM CRASHES IS ANNOYING

    And before I get a flood of complaints, it is hard, even with advice from the community

    Toiletroll
    1) If this is true it's a bit unfair and silly. I heard people said there is not enough xp at 65 to level and this was to design and not mate to make money off people... We thought you enjoy our game we put 100000's of hours into making with our team but we thought be be jerks and make it so you can't even have enough xp to hit max level so you have to slowly and painfully grind for it. Either someone is one big fat liar or someone is really baked at the office lol..

    2) Support is a bit messy but it's not that bad it should take you to a webpage and should be easy to fill out. It could be better though.

    3) For me it seems to get easier. Your class matters. Some class blow to hell it's true just like Most MMO's all classes are not balanced and this had so many class/souls it's really hard to balance it without nerfing everyone to 2-3 skills. For this you need to post in your class general forums and ask for help!

    4) Can't tell you much about end game at this point. New content being hard I am fine with that overall. But if it's really hard where you can't solo it then that's not fair. MMO or not the population is not sustainable to have everyone group up all the time doing that sort of content. That being said this could just be a 3) issue for you.

    5) Your name offends me because I wonder if this entire post is a troll or if you really need help...

    6) This is strange in the almost 72 hours I played since I started a week+ ago I have crashed once on an alt after logging on so many characters with a bunch of addons.

    I hope things do get better for you. Though your Point with 1 I think is highly agreed on these forums / outside these forums. Most companies/games make their questing content to help you make it to max level. Not force once you grind it out. Their excuses like I said don't make any sense and Trion is known to do a lot of bad design changes.
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

  5. #5
    Rift Master Uruketo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fortuna, CA
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toiletroll View Post
    I want to complain about Rift in general

    1 pay to level, because mobs after lv65 ridiculously hard to kill, following story quests
    2 support is very bad, have to go through many stages to send a ticket in
    3 despite players saying it gets easier as you level, which is rubbish, more the opposite
    4 rift is an awesome game, I find the mobs after lv65 over the top, they do insane damage to my char, in lv65 greens, couldn't they be toned down a notch please !!
    5 if I have offended anyone with this post, I'm sorry ok
    6 AND THE FREQUENCY OF RANDOM CRASHES IS ANNOYING

    And before I get a flood of complaints, it is hard, even with advice from the community

    Toiletroll
    1. Something is wrong with your play style. Soloing 2-6 mobs should be easy depending on your spec. Class shouldn't even make a difference.

    2. To a point I agree with you. When RIFT launched 6 years ago it was far easier to submit a ticket but since the filtering had to be done on their end manually it took forever for a response. The current method has the player essentially doing the filtering by how we fill out the ticket. Response times now are far better with much better results.

    3. Back to #1, something is up with your play style. Many of us would be happy to give you pointers. I suggest posting some specifics of your class, spec, and play style.

    4. The hit points and damage of post 65 mobs scales appropriately based on previous expansions. The difference I have noticed is the AI scaled up quite a bit compared to previous expansions.

    5. No offense taken, we are all new at one time or another.

    6. I agree 100% with this one. I happens to me about 3-6 times a night.

    PS. Are you on the EU or NA shards? It shouldn't make a difference but the in-game communities for each are a little bit different.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

  6. #6
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toiletroll View Post
    1 pay to level, because mobs after lv65 ridiculously hard to kill, following story quests
    How is "pay to level" even remotely related to mob difficulty?.. Well besides the fact that a post starting with "omg paytosomething" gets more attention than the others, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by toiletroll View Post
    4 rift is an awesome game, I find the mobs after lv65 over the top, they do insane damage to my char, in lv65 greens, couldn't they be toned down a notch please !!
    And this is why we can't have nice things.
    Instead of exploring the options of this thing called Soul system, you just straight up ask to nerf mob damage (!) that isn't even that bad, although mobs are supposed to be challenging not one-shot ezpz mode. It takes a little bit of playing around with the class, reading skill tooltips and maybe even some guides to find the soul combination for solo play. There's plenty of those, coming from someone who plays solo 99.9% of the time. Alternatively, don't ignore the fact that Rift is actually an mmo and you can group up with friends to do content you can't do on your own. But please, please don't ask for a nerf in a game that's already been nerfed to the point where there is no more challenging content at all.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uruketo View Post
    1. Something is wrong with your play style. Soloing 2-6 mobs should be easy depending on your spec. Class shouldn't even make a difference.
    Maybe if you leveled at release with super broken stuff but 6 mobs hitting you for 20k is your death in 2-3 secs. After hitting 66 you may have access to one easy self heal legendary which will trivialize your leveling a lot but if you stay outside of the cookie cutter stuff it's by far the hardest level experience unless you played during 1.0 . If the powercurve of mobs would be not totally frontloaded with the first level into the expansion you could have probably a lot smoother experience.

    For rogue you use the 4 point Tactican legendary ability.
    For Cleric you use the 0 point Druid legendary ability.
    Before the nerf I played Harb/Chloro but with dps nerf it doesn't sound that attractive.
    For Primalist you have to use the 0 point Titan legendary.
    Idk about Warrior.
    If you don't use tank pet specs or the legedaries above your leveling will feel a lot more painful.

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Agree with 1. Im 67 now and everything is 68, i only used 1 160% potion because i afk alot.

    There is no support anymore

    Doesnt seem easier until you reach 70

    Yep, mobs have to many hps, wait for cooldown basically

    I've only crashed one time on linux. That was because I alt tabbed on a load screen

    Im not sure i'll make it to 70 honestly. I expect to get 69.5 and quitting due to lack of content.
    Last edited by Chadwix; 05-18-2017 at 02:40 PM.

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Re: mob difficulty: I don't think they are impossibly hard. I think mobs being scaled up for the beginning of each expansion (from what you were used to in the last) is a necessary thing that forces you to re-examine and update your souls and rotations. Especially since Trion likes to nerf things into worthlessness that we used to love.

    I died like 12 times in the first five quests in Scatherran Forest, just to mobs. (Some were admittedly level 67 invasion mobs when I hadn't even reached 66) But I also changed my specs up a lot and subsequently died a lot less.

    Re: leveling -- as patron, if I hadn't stopped to do old quests (like finishing Tarken Glacier and doing Planetouched Wilds) and explore IAs and warfronts along the way I would not have gotten 70, or even close, just from doing the story quests. That seems like a lack of development more than anything because these zones are more than big enough and can sustain a whole lot more quests. I guess I was incredibly spoiled by Storm Legion and its absolute wealth of (really excellent) content.

    Re: Random crashing - oh god yes. Mostly when switching between instances/open world, but still incredibly annoying. Nothing's changed over the years in that respect...
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    You are in for a whole lot of hurt once you analyze the new gearing process. Its virtually a hard lock on whatever class you play and Trion devs haven't shown they can balance classes 1 to 1 in Rift.. ever. We just have more weeds to pick through to find out where classes actually fall in the totality of the game. With how bad NT balance was it should have been a red flag to make a fool proof plan.. something like you would do for an elderly who forgets the glasses on their head type of system. But they made it worse for us and themselves with the type of system where it has many ways for the them to mess up and many ways for us to suffer from it. Imagine investing 30 charges one week just for engines and internally its been disabled? It can happen. A matter a fact take a look at Rogue PvP pants. They were not dropping in PvP for awhile until someone brought it up months later. That is extremely bad for us. Putting your faith and trust in the developers is A HUGE gamble of its own for the players.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Wait, you can choose starting zone for leveling? Following the two NPC's, they went off to the forest.

    I haven't played in at least a year, and hardly had good gear for Nightmare Tide. While things are harder like they are at any start of an expansion, the climb from NT to the current content doesn't feel as steep as it was from Storm Legion into Nightmare Tide.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Linolea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Perth, WA, Oz
    Posts
    1,824

    Default

    It's not a question of chosing a zone, but you can start quests anywhere you want. The story lines do tend to lead you Scat Forest --> Gedlo --> Xarth Mire --> Ashenfell. The story quests were a bit buggy at launch, but hopefully working OK now.

    I remember time to kill being a bit long at the start and invasions steamrolled me ... now they are mostly 1-2 shot. But that's gear for you.

    Stroyline quests are essential initially to get the gear to the next level. That and playing working specs ... as others mentioned.
    Last edited by Linolea; 05-18-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toiletroll View Post
    1 pay to level, because mobs after lv65 ridiculously hard to kill, following story quests
    I leveled 5 characters with next to no problem at all and (as a pvp'er in NT) my gear was terrible to begin with.

    Not being good at a game doesn't make it pay2win.
    What would you even buy to make you better?

    Unless you're really terrible at the game, this is probably a spec problem here.
    What's your spec?

    Also (as others said I think) you should start in Scatherran forrest. The first mobs there have 300k hp, if you struggle against those I'm not sure what to tell you, mobs in Tarken have 300k hp too.

    And the first weapon you find will increase your DPS by like 25%, and each piece of gear by like a few more %. By the time you hit the 1m health mobs you should have most of your SFP gear, and you should have 1 legendary point. Spend it wisely, some of them basically double your burst/DPS.

    Unless you have a really bad spec/a really bad legendary piont, you should be able to kill the 1m trash just fine.

    They're harder than the previous expansions I'd say, but still not that hard.
    I'd look at the spec first. Post your calling/souls and legendary points attribution if you're not sure what's good/bad.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Captain Kremmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toiletroll View Post
    I want to complain about Rift in general

    1 pay to level, because mobs after lv65 ridiculously hard to kill, following story quests
    2 support is very bad, have to go through many stages to send a ticket in
    3 despite players saying it gets easier as you level, which is rubbish, more the opposite
    4 rift is an awesome game, I find the mobs after lv65 over the top, they do insane damage to my char, in lv65 greens, couldn't they be toned down a notch please !!
    5 if I have offended anyone with this post, I'm sorry ok
    6 AND THE FREQUENCY OF RANDOM CRASHES IS ANNOYING

    And before I get a flood of complaints, it is hard, even with advice from the community

    Toiletroll
    I see, bought the game, used the level 65 boost and got no idea how to play.

    Start again, at the beginning, level 1, then learn how the game and your class work as you level up.
    Last edited by Captain Kremmen; 05-19-2017 at 02:10 AM.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched bollesti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    281

    Default Lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by toiletroll View Post
    I want to complain about Rift in general

    1 pay to level, because mobs after lv65 ridiculously hard to kill, following story quests
    2 support is very bad, have to go through many stages to send a ticket in
    3 despite players saying it gets easier as you level, which is rubbish, more the opposite
    4 rift is an awesome game, I find the mobs after lv65 over the top, they do insane damage to my char, in lv65 greens, couldn't they be toned down a notch please !!
    5 if I have offended anyone with this post, I'm sorry ok
    6 AND THE FREQUENCY OF RANDOM CRASHES IS ANNOYING

    And before I get a flood of complaints, it is hard, even with advice from the community

    Toiletroll

    Oh oh oh oh hi hi hi hi HA HA HA HA HA HA stop ot pls just stop it you are killing me...Rift mobs hit hard lllllooooolllll just stop it ...you silly i call TROLL on this one expt for point 6 but i think thats just to put us of track and think it legit....Rift to hard ...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA you sir just made my day ty so much.
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts