+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Annoyed player

Quote Originally Posted by toiletroll View Post
    I want to complain about Rift in general

1 pay to level, because mobs after lv65 ridiculously hard to kill, following story quests
    2 support is very bad, have to go through many stages to send a ticket in
    3 despite players saying it gets easier as you level, which is rubbish, more the opposite
    4 rift is an awesome game, I find the mobs after lv65 over the top, they do insane damage to my char, in lv65 greens, couldn't they be toned down a notch please !!

Toiletroll
    RE: 1: Gear up a bit, and perhaps take a look at your solo/questing spec for revisions.

There was some dude in chat the other day moaning about the same thing, then eventually he reveals that he has 50k health and is using a rather ill-advised spec for Celestial Lands questing. It's no wonder he felt like he was getting crushed.

Better to round out your Plane of Water/PTWilds questing while gearing up a bit.

How can I say this with certainty?

I just returned to the game 3 weeks ago after being 100% absent since July 2013!
    I did the 60 to (currently) 68.5 hike entirely unassisted, and don't foresee problems.

It probably helps that I was an obsessive end-game raider from beta through SL's peak, so I have an inherent understanding of the game mechanics, spec-building, enemy behaviors, the demands of certain game regions, etc. It all came back to me.

Nonetheless! I showed up in the Celestial Lands at 65, immediately surveyed the average increase to enemy HPs and general damage, and I simply adapted. And thrived.

Fix yourself to advance.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by toiletroll View Post
    I want to complain about Rift in general

1 pay to level, because mobs after lv65 ridiculously hard to kill, following story quests
    2 support is very bad, have to go through many stages to send a ticket in
    3 despite players saying it gets easier as you level, which is rubbish, more the opposite
    4 rift is an awesome game, I find the mobs after lv65 over the top, they do insane damage to my char, in lv65 greens, couldn't they be toned down a notch please !!
    5 if I have offended anyone with this post, I'm sorry ok
    6 AND THE FREQUENCY OF RANDOM CRASHES IS ANNOYING

And before I get a flood of complaints, it is hard, even with advice from the community

Toiletroll

If you don't: go read the forums and look at the recommended builds for what you are playing. Do it. I don't care if you don't want to do it because your Hunter whatever preset is what you like to play. Do not use that. Go read the forums.
    If you don't see what you are looking for on the forums, ask somebody. Rift discord is a good place to find experience players.
    Don't be scared of a macro. Don't be scared to read. Or to ask. Those are probably the biggest hurdles for some players.
    Enjoy the learning curve. Once you know what you're doing the open world content will be freaking boring.
    Last edited by Noobly; 05-19-2017 at 04:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2