+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: suggestion

Shadowlander

Default suggestion

Current situation in dungeons is ridiculous. People expect tank to run and get killed. I hate that tactics (I have patron, and death is free, but I still hate that tatics). If tank starts fighting, then dd-players just wait me to die, and they don't participate fighting at all. Takes very long to kill all trashes with tank dps only... Some fixes comes to my mind.

- Every alive trash mobs increase boss HP with their own HP. For example if there is 20 mobs alive with 5M HP each, they give boss 100 M more HP. So people can choose if they kill trash or just bosses.

- Remove trash completely

- Link trashes to boss, so they will aggro at same with boss

- Mobs should not reset their aggro at all (except is you respawn at starting point)

- or at least give us opprtunity to votekick those afk-dd's without waiting that 12 min (or something like that) CD before kicks..

But current situation is riduculous, and I dont like to do expert dungeons at all, because of that.

Some fixes comes to my mind.
    You can't fix stupid.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    RIFT360 <3
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

I'm looking at this 100 dungeons I have to do.

Now I'm looking at you crying about people wanting to skip pointless, no gain, completely worthless, trash.

huh.

Shadowlander

I know. I cannot. But that was suggestion for Trion. They can (if they want)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    I am doing same phase of that quest, But still I feel current situation is ridiculous and I want Trion to change it somehow.

Prophet of Telara

Now I'm looking at you crying about people wanting to skip pointless, no gain, completely worthless, trash.

huh.
    It doesn't matter if you have to do 5 million 5 mans.

You shouldn't be able to skip trash. It's there for a reason. It guards the Boss. You want the Boss kill the trash.

You don't like it then I guess you don't kill the Boss.

Why Trion let's it go on is beyond stupid.

Of course we can go around and around about how stupid having do 100 5 mans. It should have been 500 Bosses that give you exp. So you could do anything you like. Old 5 mans. Old Raids. Old Hunt Rifts. Strongholds. New Raids. It wouldn't matter as long as they would have given you exp for killing them.

The idea is to have fun. Grinding 4 terribly boring 5 man a 100 times is fun how? I'd like Trion to answer that one. But I'll not hold my breath.

Grinding is fine. But give options. Which 100 5 man is not. It's just bad guest design anyway you look at it.

Reduce trash to 2-3 groups between bosses and give them a chance to drop something useful and people may actually pull and kill trash. Until then if you can skip it then skip it. No one wants to kill 50 mobs just to get to a boss. I understand your meaning that trash protects the boss etc. It's been in MMO's forever. But dungeons in rift have to be farmed which means the farmers want to finish it in as least time as possible.

I'd rather spend 50 hours getting my 100 dungeons done then 100 hours because I feel bad for the trash mobs that can't serve their master.

I agree something needs to be done. However your focus on detriments (i.e. punishing people) for not killing the trash boggles my mind. Instead of thinking negative, think positive and come up with ideas that reward or inspire people to kill the trash. Rare loot drops, increased drop rate of greens for rune breaking, up the coin drops, reactives that steal buffs, crafting materials drops, recipe drops, minimal notoriety gains, etc. I am not thrilled about 100 experts per character but there are ways to make it rewarding beyond an awesome eternal weapon.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Champion

There is a simple fix: build your own group! Invite 4 like minded people who are all excited to kill every last trash mob in the dungeon. There, problem solved.

I'm afraid that in a random pug, majority rules. The fact that most people want to skip pointless, boring, no loot dropping trash would suggest to me that you are in the minority. I never see people advertising for a "full dungeon clear" group in crossevents. But I see plenty of people looking for "4 DPS doing 400k min, no healer group, will be fast".

I've just started the 100 expert grind and seeing as the reward for finishing the 100 dungeons is an amazing weapon upgrade but the reward for killing all trash is just doubling (or tripling) the time needed to get it done, I know which one I'll be doing this weekend.

Lots of people have suggested possible fixes: less health for trash mobs, less trash packs, make them drop something rare, make them a viable way to farm the "plat we'll be swimming in", etc.

Punishing people for being efficient boggles my mind. You are confusing the stick with the carrot. Try the carrot, people may react better to that.

additional: also, depending on what class the OP is, there may not be any need to die. Rogues, mages, and warrior tanks can build "skip specs" that allow you to dump agro at the end. If your group isn't returded then nobody should get agro but the tank, and then the tank vanishes / feign deaths at the end. Not sure about primalists.... I don't have the soul so no idea if they can dump agro or are stuck with clerics in the "ha ha, you gotta die" camp.
    Last edited by Leocadia; 05-18-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    There is a simple fix: build your own group!
    Or, the dps could, I don't know... say something before the tank gets into the trash pack? From what OP said it looks like they're not letting the tank know if they want to kill the trash or not, then wait for him to get aggro, and then stand there waiting while he's off doing their job. Hence my first comment. Sure a premade would change everything but a LFG tool is just that, a tool someone would use when they don't have a premade. A group has this marvelous thing called chat, where people can actually communicate using words about how they're planning to run the dungeon(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Lots of people have suggested possible fixes: less health for trash mobs, less trash packs, make them drop something rare, make them a viable way to farm the "plat we'll be swimming in", etc.
    I honestly don't understand why nothing has been done to trash since the whole discussion first started. I simply cannot believe adding -at least- plat drops to trash is so time consuming and difficult to implement that it's the reason it's not there yet. So basically the instance is designed for people to kill trash instead of skipping, it is very well known that most people skip it (= going against the design), the suggestions have been out there for literally months, but even making the trash drop plat is too much so it continues being a pointless grind.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    RIFT360 <3
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

trash in Rift dungs are made to be skipped
    they made them in way we hate, so...
    ...there is always perfect way to skip all trash or most of them
    because they are made
    to be
    skipped
    Last edited by TankGirl; 05-18-2017 at 10:41 AM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

huh.
    Whether or not you skip trash, by the end of it you'll feel dead inside.

It really makes no difference in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzka2 View Post
    I am doing same phase of that quest, But still I feel current situation is ridiculous and I want Trion to change it somehow.
    I hope you mean change trash in dungeons.

Don't you dare try and make them change the Eternal quest.

You have to suffer like the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Shadowlander

No, I don't want trion to change eternal quest. It seems that most of endgame is based on upgrading that weapon, so it should need effort. (But I am not sure if for example that minion leveling was "effort", it was just time consuming - log in the the few minutes per day during few weeks)

I tend to ask the tank what they want to do, and will follow along accordingly. Particularly with the lack of tanks in the LFG queue.

You should also make sure that the party is aware of your preference before you start pulling so it gives everyone a chance to be on the same page.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

If they said there was a tenfold chance of trash in SPEs granting eternal gear, people would be lining up to form trash farming groups.

They wouldn't even have to mention that ten times one in a million is still one i a hundred thousand chance (made up numbers, but you get the drift). It seems plenty of people are suckers for the RNG.

*EDIT* another option ... kill xx out of xxx trash and it counts one point against the SPE counter on the eternal quest.
    Last edited by Linolea; 05-25-2017 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Can't type "the" anymore it seems...
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast