+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Neurotix
  • 1 Post By Linolea
  • 1 Post By Linolea

Thread: Rogue eternal weapons

Prophet of Telara

Default Rogue eternal weapons

I know this has probably been asked before, but I am curious. Since rogues get two daggers for their eternal weapon quest, why do they only start with one, while other classes get the full benefit of the hit and added stats? How many steps does the rogue have to take in the quest until gaining the same level of power that other classes start with?

<---- is completely ignorant to this clearly

Soulwalker

Have to upgrade it many times to get the second weapon and it is lots of grind

It is even worse for main spec warrior and cleric tanks - they do not even get the tank set till that same upgrade point. Means a massive imbalance between tanks just based on what class they happen to be.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Darresia View Post
    Means a massive imbalance between tanks just based on what class they happen to be.
    you make it sound like without the eternal weapons people can't tank. it simply inst the fact. you can use the other weapons/shields in the game and be perfectly fine. there is not a "massive imbalance" between raid tier weapons/shields and the equivalent upgrade level of the eternal items.

the continued representation of this logical fallacy needs to stop.

You can actually check in game by simply investigating the upgrades of the weapon and see when it turns eternal. If I recall correctly it doesnt turn into eternal quality until you have completed the step to complete LFR TD 16 times.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

Shadowlander

level Wicket to 25 needs a long time ...
    then Level 70 Expert *100 ...
    then LFR TD *16 ...

Just finished the second last upgrade stage (i.e.16TD/160rifts) to get the second weapon. Given the 4% damage (raid) buff, the leap in stacked damage (5 stacks at 3k damage), and the big DPS leap, as well as stat boosts for both hands, it was a huge leap in DPS. Probably 150k DPS increase on the raid dummy, but I didn't test for a long time.

There was a huge sense of relief getting there ... wanted the damage boost for progress in IRotP.
    Last edited by Linolea; 05-18-2017 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Couple stat typos
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Ral
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    you make it sound like without the eternal weapons people can't tank. it simply inst the fact. you can use the other weapons/shields in the game and be perfectly fine. there is not a "massive imbalance" between raid tier weapons/shields and the equivalent upgrade level of the eternal items.

you make it sound like without the eternal weapons people can't dps or heal. it simply inst the fact. you can use the other weapons/totems in the game and be perfectly fine. there is not a "massive imbalance" between raid tier weapons/totems and the equivalent upgrade level of the eternal items.

I can't speak for other classes, but for rogue the last available upgrade (not counting the 16 IRotP boss kill one at the final stage) is a very significant DPS boost. Plus if you are the only rogue with it in the raid, you are adding 4% to everyone else's DPS as well. I don't see how this cannot be viewed as anything but very valuable for a raid group.

Let's say your raid turns out 4 million DPS... the 4% buff alone bumps that by 160k unless the buff doesn't work the way it reads. So yes, the eternal weapon could be critical for IRotP for raid groups on the edge of downing bosses. Can you do OK with lesser weapons? Sure, but it's a long way from optimal.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    I can't speak for other classes, but for rogue the last available upgrade (not counting the 16 IRotP boss kill one at the final stage) is a very significant DPS boost. Plus if you are the only rogue with it in the raid, you are adding 4% to everyone else's DPS as well. I don't see how this cannot be viewed as anything but very valuable for a raid group.

Let's say your raid turns out 4 million DPS... the 4% buff alone bumps that by 160k unless the buff doesn't work the way it reads. So yes, the eternal weapon could be critical for IRotP for raid groups on the edge of downing bosses. Can you do OK with lesser weapons? Sure, but it's a long way from optimal.

if the make or break point for your raid is the eternal weapon buff from one rogue you need to take your raid team back through other content until your entire team is better geared.
    Last edited by Neurotix; 05-17-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    if the make or break point for your raid is the eternal weapon buff from one rogue you need to take your raid team back through other content until your entire team is better geared.
    While I agree it probably isnt necessary ,I havent heard about any guilds progressing in IRoTP without at least a few players with the eternal quality. Nothing compares to these weapons for rogues. Its not close at all.

I am not saying the weapons are essential, but they are (particularly because of the rogue buff) very nice to have. Not every guild is laced with mini-maxing perfect build & rotation superstars, or moneybags that could gear up TD in a week or two. As such having a few eternals is a nice boost to compensate for things that may be lacking elsewhere.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    I am not saying the weapons are essential, but they are (particularly because of the rogue buff) very nice to have. Not every guild is laced with mini-maxing perfect build & rotation superstars, or moneybags that could gear up TD in a week or two. As such having a few eternals is a nice boost to compensate for things that may be lacking elsewhere.
    My raid team doesnt have anyone that is fully TD geared. nor are we "laced with min-maxing perfect build and rotation superstars". but we are continuing to run TD and improve our gear. we have added golem farming to our raid night, and we get to work on our builds and rotations while we do this. and in the mean time people in the raid have a bit more time to level their eternal weapons.

we log in every week. we have some fun. we push each other a little bit and learn from each other a little bit. some of our players dont have the time to log in except basically that few hours one night a week. so others on the team do some research on builds and help them out where we can. we will progress at a steady pace and in the not so distant future we will get that first boss kill in iRoTP and it will be fun and we will feel a certain sense of achievement. we will have an entire sotry of how we got there and we will have all the laughs we shared doing it. we will be able to poke fun at each other about "remember that night you got so frustrated" and congratulate each other on "that build you found for me works wonders.

I dont understand the big push for "the raid is out and i cant automatically walk in and roflstomp the bosses." ... good. youre not supposed to be able to. if your team isnt ready it's not ready. keep playing until you are. and instead of complaining because "someone else got a piece of gear faster" try just having fun with the game.

You don't need an eternal weapon to raid. Comparing the final upgrade version of the eternal weapon to an LFR weapon is logically fallacious to begin with. you're essentially comparing a tier 1 level weapon with an LFR weapon. so of course it's "better" theyre completely different gear levels.
    Last edited by Neurotix; 05-17-2017 at 11:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread