+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Bishoujo
  • 1 Post By Bishoujo
  • 1 Post By Bishoujo

Thread: Void Source Accelerators and Abyssal Crusader's Accelerators

Default Void Source Accelerators and Abyssal Crusader's Accelerators

Hi all,

I'm a level 70, not much into raiding as I don't have enough time. I have these items (Void Source Accelerators and Abyssal Crusader's Accelerators) from before the expansion, they are sitting in my bank taking space, so I was wondering...

If I upgrade the correct gear with its respective Accelerator,
    will I unlock a new wardrobe skin?
    Or does upgrading the gear only change the item's stats,
    not its appearance?

I've tried to find related images/information elsewhere in the forums, as well as on the web, but simply haven't found the answer to my question. Figure some hard-core raider will have the answer for me.

Cheers!

~ Gwedhiel Zavira Eilish Warik ~
    My dimension, now open to visitors and for role play: The Inn at Gustav's Cove by Gwedhiel, on Zaviel EU

If the upgraded item has a wardrobe appearance you do not have, then you will receive it as soon as it hits your bags.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    If the upgraded item has a wardrobe appearance you do not have, then you will receive it as soon as it hits your bags.
    I believe the OP didnt mean that.

as to OP's question, some items do give another appearance after upgraded, some dont.
    only way to make sure is to open the upgrade interface, hover over the upgraded version, at the bottom of the item descriptions there is a few lines saying which wardrobe it'll unlock,
    if its lined grey, you wont get any new wardrobe after upgrade. if its green, congrats, you'll get a new one :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwed View Post
    HiFigure some hard-core raider will have the answer for me.
    Filthy Casual here
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 05-17-2017 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    open the upgrade interface, hover over the upgraded version
    Awesome, thanks Filthy Casual. Err. I mean Bishoujo. ;) Appreciate the tip. Will try that and see what it gives.

Incidentally, you wouldn't happen to know if it's possible to hover over an upgrade/item if I don't already have the original gear, would you?

My dimension, now open to visitors and for role play: The Inn at Gustav's Cove by Gwedhiel, on Zaviel EU

Quote Originally Posted by Gwed View Post
    Awesome, thanks Filthy Casual. Err. I mean Bishoujo. ;) Appreciate the tip. Will try that and see what it gives.

Incidentally, you wouldn't happen to know if it's possible to hover over an upgrade/item if I don't already have the original gear, would you?
    uh, you can check the upgrade paths of a gear on AH/rift store/Other players' gear

Also, I believe most if not all of the Raid gear wardrobes of NightmareTide are in the riftstore for marks, you just need to set the level cap to show 65, but they have same wardrobes on upgrade

Some of the cases I know that give new wardrobes on upgrade are....
    Some of the gear in Infernal Dawn(L50 raid) and some L60 StormLegion gear, bought from a merchant at tempest bay, I think Tacitus the Elder or something, located at around here
    http://prntscr.com/f8vv6y climb the stairs.

But that's just general info on some of the items that give new wardrobes when upgraded.

As of things upgradable with the mats you said, I dont recall anything upgradable that gives new wardrobe, and so they are gonna rust somewhere in your bags, most likely

And finally, nope you cant remotely find the upgrade path/result of an item you have no access to, as in, not on AH or on another person or whatnot
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 05-17-2017 at 05:42 AM.

> If the upgraded item has a wardrobe appearance you do not have

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    > If the upgraded item has a wardrobe appearance you do not have
    yeayea I read what you said, why I said I think the person didnt ask that was, The OP was more of questioning if all upgrades give a new wardrobe, not how the upgrade would be attained

That was very informative Bishoujo. Really appreciate you taking the time. Cheers!

P.S. If I do find any, I'll be sure to update this post with a "list" of the items.

+ Reply to Thread