• 7 Post By Laeti
  • 4 Post By Fiftyish
  • 1 Post By TankGirl
  • 3 Post By Mordrahan
  • 3 Post By Kingkrom
  • 3 Post By Rivkah
  • 2 Post By Mordrahan
  • 2 Post By BMX

Thread: Why do PATRON boxes still drop USELESS items?

Plane Touched

Default Why do PATRON boxes still drop USELESS items?

REALLY!??.. Relic Lock Box Keys? LOL!! What year did those boxes leave the game?

You keep taking things away, crafting exp, for no good reason other than 'we want to' and visibly these things obviously line up with store items that people can chose to purchase their way around. ..

Crafting exp for example: NOT AS INTENDED. NOT HOW GAME WAS MENT TO BE PLAYED. We didn't want people using it to Power Level etc etc. When in fact it's IMPOSSIBLE to PW using crafting dailies, it takes a few days to make ONE level.

Yet we can BUY our way to 65 for cash right? or grind IA's which is NOT the game but a Power Leveling way AROUND actually playing the game you created. Great for BUYING credits and exp pots right? .. SUPER POWER LEVELING.

But Patron boxes drop useless items.. Minion 8 hr quests still bring back results of 34 gold! .. Woopie!! YAY!! The free stuff is nice but doesn't taste so sweet when been left over so long it's gone sour.

Would it be ok to ask to update some of the free stuff left in game to be a bit more reasonable please?

Suggestion: Minimum low end 8hr minion around 2p on a bad role, make it a scaled thing, RNG .. bring up the mat returns .. and 4 hrs one's. better and maybe add in a greater return % if you use credits vs adventurine.

That may sound odd but think about it. Wait i started on patron boxes didn't I? .. oops

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Ysmyrlda View Post
    REALLY!??.. Relic Lock Box Keys? LOL!! What year did those boxes leave the game?

You keep taking things away, crafting exp, for no good reason other than 'we want to' and visibly these things obviously line up with store items that people can chose to purchase their way around. ..

Crafting exp for example: NOT AS INTENDED. NOT HOW GAME WAS MENT TO BE PLAYED. We didn't want people using it to Power Level etc etc. When in fact it's IMPOSSIBLE to PW using crafting dailies, it takes a few days to make ONE level.

Yet we can BUY our way to 65 for cash right? or grind IA's which is NOT the game but a Power Leveling way AROUND actually playing the game you created. Great for BUYING credits and exp pots right? .. SUPER POWER LEVELING.

But Patron boxes drop useless items.. Minion 8 hr quests still bring back results of 34 gold! .. Woopie!! YAY!! The free stuff is nice but doesn't taste so sweet when been left over so long it's gone sour.

Would it be ok to ask to update some of the free stuff left in game to be a bit more reasonable please?

Suggestion: Minimum low end 8hr minion around 2p on a bad role, make it a scaled thing, RNG .. bring up the mat returns .. and 4 hrs one's. better and maybe add in a greater return % if you use credits vs adventurine.

That may sound odd but think about it. Wait i started on patron boxes didn't I? .. oops
    As a patron, you pay premium for a 40% increased chance at being "lucky", i.e. instead of a 0.1% chance of something good being in lockboxes, you now have a 0.14% chance.

V:
    Last edited by Fia; 05-16-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Fia

That wasn't the problem, the problem was that it only took one 160% XP vial to get from lvl 1-70, which is not the way Trion invisions leveling.
    Last edited by Fia; 05-20-2017 at 01:06 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Honestly not just the patron boxes but all lockboxes should have been reworked long ago to actually drop stuff people would enjoy getting. What's the point in even buying boxes that have a marvelous 0.00000001% or whatever of getting a mount but then besides that drop absolutely nothing of value?

I've recently started playing another game that I'm not going to name that also has a sort of lockbox system. First off, you actually get free boxes by completing quests, challenges and even looting random mobs. It's not completely RNG - each box has a tooltip saying what exactly you can get from this particular box. But above all that, the loot is actually worth getting! In-game currencies (and a decent amount of them), sweet perks like 3/7 days of premium (=patron), etc. So even if you don't get anything fancy you're still getting something that you can actually use in game. If you can't use it you can always sell it. Like I'd be happy to get rid of the tons of prestige vials I got but... you know.

Patron boxes should drop better stuff more than any other lockboxes since it actually gives another reason to keep the sub going. So far, all lockboxes in the game are absolutely not worth spending on, including patron boxes too.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Rift Chaser

Default Hands up all Devs

Hands up all devs, passionate about the game, who play the game and who have spent credits to open the current "Unstable Cache Anomaly"

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyish View Post
    Hands up all devs, passionate about the game, who play the game and who have spent credits to open the current "Unstable Cache Anomaly"
    are there players that spent credits to open "this" purple thingy?
    most of new players dont know whats that and how open
    so they ask on chat
    and of course they have spam answer B-)
    not to open, not to pay, its trash, nothing there, its useless, its s*** etc etc
    rift have best community, always save ppl from doing stupid things
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Suggestion very easy to do: replace these old keys by the thing opening "Unstable Cache Anomaly".
    I hate my low level toons getting lot of these useless boxes while I have many useless keys...

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Honestly not just the patron boxes but all lockboxes should have been reworked long ago to actually drop stuff people would enjoy getting. What's the point in even buying boxes that have a marvelous 0.00000001% or whatever of getting a mount but then besides that drop absolutely nothing of value?

I've recently started playing another game that I'm not going to name that also has a sort of lockbox system. First off, you actually get free boxes by completing quests, challenges and even looting random mobs. It's not completely RNG - each box has a tooltip saying what exactly you can get from this particular box. But above all that, the loot is actually worth getting! In-game currencies (and a decent amount of them), sweet perks like 3/7 days of premium (=patron), etc. So even if you don't get anything fancy you're still getting something that you can actually use in game. If you can't use it you can always sell it. Like I'd be happy to get rid of the tons of prestige vials I got but... you know.

Patron boxes should drop better stuff more than any other lockboxes since it actually gives another reason to keep the sub going. So far, all lockboxes in the game are absolutely not worth spending on, including patron boxes too.
    Now there's a thinking crew. That's stuff worth spending credits/cash on. Our stuff isn't bling, it's blah.

Shadowlander

Default In before DOOFS say, "I bought a lottery ticket, and didn't win."

Many, many posts about how lockboxes have NOTHING usefull. NOTHING!

NOOBS are spending real world cash to open these gambling lock boxes. If Trion would just give ANYTHING, ANYTHING that is useful to a top level player when that player does not WIN the top prize, (which is a FLUFF mount, or worse), Trion would actually sell more of the lockboxes, and your paying customers would not feel totally RIPPED OFF!!!

WHEN IS TRION GOING TO UPDATE THE LOCKBOXES SO THEY HAVE SOMETHING OTHER THAN PURE TRASH?

Hmm, five years now, so i guess ... NOT ANYTIME SOON.

Answer to these multitude of postings that cry about lockbox garbage, DO NOT BUY ANY LOCKBOXES.

There have been similar posts to this for literal years, but nothing has happened. I agree fully that lockboxes should contain useful things to the person who opened them. Furthermore, I believe that lockboxes should have a "mercy" system that will increase your odds of getting the uber special item the more boxes you open that don't contain it.

However, the odds of Trion changing the system are about the same as getting something useful from the lockboxes themselves.

So long as people keep buying the lock boxes nothing will ever change. Just saying

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

Quote Originally Posted by Honoun View Post
    So long as people keep buying the lock boxes nothing will ever change. Just saying
    OP was not talking about buying lockboxes (which I think are a lottery cashgrab), he was talking about PATRON weekly gifts.
    These were intended to be rewards for paying customers, with little bonuses and account bound stuff (very useful for alts). And they were not updated with 4.0. Stuff was removed, and nothing useful put inside.

So this is same problem than the "special" gift from the free expansion week-end which was not special at all. It gives the feeling that patrons are not at all valued by TRION.

So yes, these old useless keys are a constant reminder of neglect.
    I already asked for them to be replaced by the Unstable Cache Anomaly opener, so it could be like the old way, giving these keys to our alts when they loot a cache in the world.
    Even make these new keys bound to account if you fear people would sell them. Anything better than getting a useless thing in my weekly gift.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post

GAMBLING PROBLEM CALL 1-800-GAMBLER

BMX
    Rift Disciple

And Hartsman is sitting in his office looking at the books and wondering what happened to the once flourishing revenue stream. If and when they (The dev team) get a meeting with Hartsman about the state of the onion, and he's rightfully pissed cause of the active player crisis, we might see value returned to us, the community that pays to keep the lights on.
    But, NOOOOOO!! it hasn't happened yet and sorely needs to.... Sooner than later, frankly.

Rift is (or was) one of the finest franchises to come to the MMO scene and I have one question...
    Are they (Trion) intentionally throwing it in the dumpster???

How about it peeps???

+ Reply to Thread