+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 1000 planar pellets to upgrade crafted hood or weapon?

Rift Disciple

Default 1000 planar pellets to upgrade crafted hood or weapon?

Just gotta laugh. Yes, I know I can get planar pellets from Tok's.

Or gathering! I have 5 toons w/ maxed gathering skills, and that has netted... Seventy-four (74) planar pellets in 5 months!

I've spent none on Opie. I have a couple hundred unspent artifact nuts, and Tok tokens, and yes, I even have an unopened bag of pellets from a patron gift. I was waiting to see if Opie could be all self-sustaining w/o $$$. Opie is on my "glad I didn't actually pay for this" list.

I'm just guessing that this is a "buy the upgrade" moment.... . 5 celestial matrices, 4 amenders and 1000 pellets for a ~250ish stat bump. Wow. And then 8 amenders, 8 matrices and 2 engines for another. Yeah, uh, no, seriously not worth it.

Bug report: Crafted gear upgrade dialog is missing text, though it does show up as a tooltip.

What did you spend all your lucky coins on?
    Artifact collections = lucky coins = pellets are really easy to get, especially with minions. Already collected a lot of sets? Send your artifacts to an alt.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    What did you spend all your lucky coins on?
    Artifact collections = lucky coins = pellets are really easy to get, especially with minions. Already collected a lot of sets? Send your artifacts to an alt.
    Five toons x two crafted pieces: 10,000 pellets (and all the rest of the upgrade parts).

Yes, I am laughing out loud.

Shadowlander

Why are the devs forcing us to spend real life money to upgrade an armor piece. 4000 credits? really? This is out of control.

Rift Disciple

You get 1000 pellets for 30 lucky coins which equals 30 artifact sets turned in. So you can either buy low level artifacts to complete 30 sets or just buy the pellets directly off the AH. They are 30g each right now, less expensive than a single celestial matrix.

Default Really?

This is probably the easiest and cheapest part of the upgrade! 30 lucky coins turn in to the artifact NPC and you've got it (or several lucky coins among multiple toons).

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
    Why are the devs forcing us to spend real life money to upgrade an armor piece. 4000 credits? really? This is out of control.
    There is no requirement to spend money.

That is collecting 30 artifact sets from any zone. You can do it on an alt if you wish. And the reward is IRotP raid level gear that any player can get without ever needing to even step into a raid.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

10,000 pellets = 300 lucky coins

I started the day with 840 lucky coins. Again, what did you spend your lucky coins on?
    And again again, earning more lucky coins is cheap and easy.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 05-10-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Shadowlander

Guess where my artifacts go? ......does dreamweaver come to mind?

Shadowlander

artifact set lucky coins only work if you didn't spend them yet and/or you haven't finished all the artifact sets.

No, you can send the artifacts to alts. Even a level 1 alt. And turn in from there.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    No, you can send the artifacts to alts. Even a level 1 alt. And turn in from there.

Not in game at the moment but as I recall the lucky coins aren't transferable so once you claim the artifact set on the alt you will need to wait until you have 30 so you can get a bag of planar pellets and then send the bag of planar pellets back to the main character (just trying to clarify the process).

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bauum View Post
    You get 1000 pellets for 30 lucky coins which equals 30 artifact sets turned in. So you can either buy low level artifacts to complete 30 sets or just buy the pellets directly off the AH. They are 30g each right now, less expensive than a single celestial matrix.

And for those who might not have any sets left to get?

They are forced to pay real money to up grade gear.

But I guess everyone knows the silly Opie mount was nothing but a money grab. Trion set the drop rate to low on Pellets there was no one everyone in Rift would ever get enough to do anything with it. You were going to pay to use it. I not use it once. It's not interesting or fun to use. So I've not used it again.

Very weak move.

Trion's free to play model so slowly becoming. You pay or you lose. Yes you don't have to pay. But then you aren't raiding because you don't have the things you need to raid.

General of Telara

I already have 570 pellets just from minion missions attracted by Opie (the minion) and I didn't even get it until the pre-order tickets were about to get removed, nor did I use it excessively.

I bet Opie (the minion) is also the main reason they've been on the AH for a mere 20g for months now, not the occasional harvesting drop. Of course people are buying them like crazy right now and the price rose to ~1.5p over here.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    And for those who might not have any sets left to get?

They are forced to pay real money to up grade gear.

But I guess everyone knows the silly Opie mount was nothing but a money grab. Trion set the drop rate to low on Pellets there was no one everyone in Rift would ever get enough to do anything with it. You were going to pay to use it. I not use it once. It's not interesting or fun to use. So I've not used it again.

Very weak move.

Trion's free to play model so slowly becoming. You pay or you lose. Yes you don't have to pay. But then you aren't raiding because you don't have the things you need to raid.
    You appear to have missed the alt factor.

Send artifacts to an level 1 alt that is in Meridian/Sanctum/TB. Turn in artifact sets. Buy 1000 pellets for 30 lucky coins. Send the chest of pellets to your main (it's totally unbound).

Easy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast