+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 1000 planar pellets to upgrade crafted hood or weapon?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    You appear to have missed the alt factor.

Send artifacts to an level 1 alt that is in Meridian/Sanctum/TB. Turn in artifact sets. Buy 1000 pellets for 30 lucky coins. Send the chest of pellets to your main (it's totally unbound).

Easy.
    To be fair most players won't have a level one character in Meridian/Sanctum/TB since you have to finish the starting zone which gets you to ~level 7 or 8 (unless you get some one to port you out) but other than that the method is sound.

Because collecting pellets/artifacts is all about PvE gear.

Wait till the next upgrade... 5,000 manugo presses. I think we crossed some sort of thesthhold somewhere, but ... yeah...
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Wait till the next upgrade... 5,000 manugo presses.
    Pfft, 5,000 presses is for wimps.

Spend hours and hours running around looking for artifacts? One of the few things worse than watching paint dry...

It is far better than the bubble thing.
    If you like collecting shinies, you do it. If you don't like it, you can buy artefacts on the AH and do it lazy without moving from TB.
    We got a minion quest (was long, because minion with low stamina and only two stats, but everybody will do it with time), so it seems devs want us to touch everything in the game.

and for Manugo... it is NT content so I don't think it will come back, but I would happily trade 10 000 manugo score for the 100 experts we have to do...

Manugo was fun. Far less fun now without the machine voice, why was this removed?

1000 planar pellets to upgrade crafted hood or weapon?-exploit_manugo.jpg

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Shadowlander

Actually if you have patron you can get out of the starting zone at level 1 since you'll have the TB port trinket in your bags from start. (In general, I think its better to spend the 10-15 minutes walking out of the starter zone, in case you want to do anything else with the alt down the road -- unless you have a friend ready to port you to hailol to do the power levelling starter qs there to skip to level 20).

Quote Originally Posted by samebira View Post
    Actually if you have patron you can get out of the starting zone at level 1 since you'll have the TB port trinket in your bags from start. (In general, I think its better to spend the 10-15 minutes walking out of the starter zone, in case you want to do anything else with the alt down the road -- unless you have a friend ready to port you to hailol to do the power levelling starter qs there to skip to level 20).
    They can just port you to TB
    and also, the exp from that quest was nerfed.

Plane Touched

You can easily fill 30 artifact sets for not that much plat. Most artifacts... even blues are 50g-2p on the AH. Guild banks.... I think this is the easiest and cheapest of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
    Why are the devs forcing us to spend real life money to upgrade an armor piece. 4000 credits? really? This is out of control.
    I don't want to sound negative here; but I think we know why.

It's been the spiral since 2.7 - subscriptions drop, then the overall grindfest for every little thing goes way up (to completely unreasonable heights) to make taking the shortcut of buying stuff with actual cash the only reasonable option.

Grindfestyness goes up, subs drop more, the cycle repeats itself till *crickets*.

The only real challenge I've faced in rift since 2.7 came out and mass exodus occurred, and grindfest began; was deciding whether to use visa, or mastercard.

I completely understand where you're coming from though. Unfortunately I believe rift has reached the point where the grind and prices have reached their max points, neither is good for drawing in fresh people to help keep the lights on.

Edit: I just wanted to add; trion and It's dev team needs to get paid some way and this is how it works. In a dream world they'd all work for free, and we wouldn't have massive grinds on everything - but they all have families and mouths to feed, just like we do.
    Last edited by Ganky; 05-11-2017 at 06:29 AM.
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    ... Wait till the next upgrade... 5,000 manugo presses. I think we crossed some sort of thesthhold somewhere, but ... yeah...
    Ugh, don't give them any ideas! lol
    Aelare@Wolfsbane R ~ Josielynn@Wolfsbane M
    Dawnalynn@Wolfsbane C ~ Tazzendra@Wolfsbane W

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by catonmylap View Post
    Just gotta laugh. Yes, I know I can get planar pellets from Tok's.

Or gathering! I have 5 toons w/ maxed gathering skills, and that has netted... Seventy-four (74) planar pellets in 5 months!

I've spent none on Opie. I have a couple hundred unspent artifact nuts, and Tok tokens, and yes, I even have an unopened bag of pellets from a patron gift. I was waiting to see if Opie could be all self-sustaining w/o $$$. Opie is on my "glad I didn't actually pay for this" list.

I'm just guessing that this is a "buy the upgrade" moment.... . 5 celestial matrices, 4 amenders and 1000 pellets for a ~250ish stat bump. Wow. And then 8 amenders, 8 matrices and 2 engines for another. Yeah, uh, no, seriously not worth it.

Bug report: Crafted gear upgrade dialog is missing text, though it does show up as a tooltip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganky View Post
    I don't want to sound negative here; but I think we know why.

It's been the spiral since 2.7 - subscriptions drop, then the overall grindfest for every little thing goes way up (to completely unreasonable heights) to make taking the shortcut of buying stuff with actual cash the only reasonable option.

Grindfestyness goes up, subs drop more, the cycle repeats itself till *crickets*.

The only real challenge I've faced in rift since 2.7 came out and mass exodus occurred, and grindfest began; was deciding whether to use visa, or mastercard.

I completely understand where you're coming from though. Unfortunately I believe rift has reached the point where the grind and prices have reached their max points, neither is good for drawing in fresh people to help keep the lights on.

Edit: I just wanted to add; trion and It's dev team needs to get paid some way and this is how it works. In a dream world they'd all work for free, and we wouldn't have massive grinds on everything - but they all have families and mouths to feed, just like we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    And for those who might not have any sets left to get?

They are forced to pay real money to up grade gear.

But I guess everyone knows the silly Opie mount was nothing but a money grab. Trion set the drop rate to low on Pellets there was no one everyone in Rift would ever get enough to do anything with it. You were going to pay to use it. I not use it once. It's not interesting or fun to use. So I've not used it again.

Very weak move.

Trion's free to play model so slowly becoming. You pay or you lose. Yes you don't have to pay. But then you aren't raiding because you don't have the things you need to raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    There is no requirement to spend money.

That is collecting 30 artifact sets from any zone. You can do it on an alt if you wish. And the reward is IRotP raid level gear that any player can get without ever needing to even step into a raid.

PFFT! The new "Corp Greed Model" is exactly that. All of the above. Of course you don't HAVE to but you absolutely structure important aspects of the game to such ridiculous out of proportion grinds that PAY US or use a LOT of time makes PAY US the more reasonable choice unless you're like me, very ill, or something else causes you to have a lot of extra time to play because you have no real life quality to enjoy.

Some better balancing on might have curbed the exodus and encourage more new players. This games rep is ... yea well look at some best lists out there.

Pricing has always been high also. Roughly $9 for a 2hr pot is a steep. Dev's always come back w 'it's credits'. Well yes, and NO. It's MONEY, Rex are $10 to someone, equal to 1250 credits. 900 credits is 3/4 of that .. ouch! If i want to play to lvl 70 how many do i need?

Better quest grind price would be nice along with store pricing and Rift store retail direct credit only cool stuff like eastern mmo's have? Wardrobe pretty's! Mounts! [not reskins] .. store empty! need art dept help? Retail products at reasonable prices i think would be a great idea.

Have you ever tried to find a decent pair of shoes to go w you ladies wardrobe sets in this game? WE NEED SHOES!! LOTS AND LOTS OF SHOES TO BUY FOR YOUR PRETTY FEETSES!!

*waiting w face planted at Rift Store window dreaming of shoes, credits in hand

Hope this doesn't sound too negative but I've been around over 3 yrs and heard and feel all this from many many players. Love the game, want to see it do well.

Ascendant

Why aren't these relic planar gear just automatically upgrades instantly for free to the maximum they could get to and automatically dream orbed to BiS when I login anyways?

Damn corporate greed.

/s

edit: adding /s since I know there are plenty of "special" people here.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 05-13-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    There is no requirement to spend money.

That is collecting 30 artifact sets from any zone. You can do it on an alt if you wish. And the reward is IRotP raid level gear that any player can get without ever needing to even step into a raid.
    Love what you do Tacitus, but in this situation there is no masking Trion's intention for these items. Definitely P2W for a best in slot item. You know 30 artifact sets is no easy feat plus the rest... I expressed my concern for this in the Q&A but the question wasn't properly answered. My fears of 2 more upgrade steps with steep plat investment unfortunately came to fruition.

Visionary Metal ~300 plat each (x12) = 3,600 plat
    Upgrade ~20k Planarite each (x 22)
    Celestial matrix ~450 plat each (x13) = 5,850 plat

= 9,450 plat and 440k planarite

(x2) For both Wand and Helm

Ye...
    Last edited by Refuge; 05-14-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

I collect any uncollected artifacts my minions bring me, and break down the rest.

It results in way too many completed artifact sets for me to bother turning in constantly, and way more dream ribbons than I need.

This is when I already have completed hundreds of artifact sets this way, I still am completing sets frequently.

If you don't want to use minions, or buy cheap artifacts off the AH, head to Stonefield, the place is literally packed with artifacts, especially certain locations and routes, but I'll leave that up to those interested.

30 Lucky Coins is better than 30 Colossi imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

So glad I kept my 1k lucky coins. That part was easy for me... but the price of mats if you buy them >.< Luckily I have all the crafts as well and always stock up a few each of the amenders. Even so it will take me a while. Thankfully NMRs are a quick source of planarite... especially if you have token boosts laying around in your bank vault (don't remember where they came from ... boxes over time I guess). Got about 5-6 atuners' worth this morning in 30-40 mins of an NMR1 in Tarken, and I was only there from about level 210-300.
    Last edited by Linolea; 05-15-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast