• 1 Post By Dorotea
  • 1 Post By Xydru
  • 3 Post By Mordrahan
  • 2 Post By Captain Kremmen
  • 1 Post By Mordrahan
  • 1 Post By Linolea

Thread: Prophecy of Ahnket Reward

Default Prophecy of Ahnket Reward

I claimed this together with the daily and weekly patron gifts when I logged in after the patch. Before I saw the warning that this was for one character only and to make sure the right one got it. So a level 32 got it. This raises three obvious questions.

1. It contains sparkles for the patron quest. Does this mean if I open it before I get that quest at level 65 I waste the sparkles? I know that is what happens when you turn in certain quests that give sparkles if you have the patron quest but the sparkles poof if you don't have that quest yet.

2. Does it have any items whose nature or value depends on the character's level when it is opened? In other words is it like many of the lockboxes where it is wise to leave it unopened until level 70?

3. Why NOT make it bind to account like other gift boxes until it is opened, after which the contents may or may not be bound to the character opening it? I'm sure many others will collect it routinely with a character that they may not really want to have it once they learn what the contents are - perhaps assuming it is a new weekly reward that will replace or supplement the weekly patron box.
    Last edited by Dorotea; 05-10-2017 at 07:32 AM.

I made the same mistake unfortunately... Was wondering if opening a ticket to have to have it transferred to the right character would do anything. It really sucks that its soulbound and not account bound :/

I think the answer to one of my questions may be that the sparkles are in a container and thus can be saved until 65 - still not opening the thing until I get an answer to the other question about whether any of the contents scales to level at opening.
    Last edited by Dorotea; 05-10-2017 at 09:55 AM.

My ticket was and the cache was moved to the right character for me Thanks Trion!

I was very happy with this gift, then I learnt that everyone was getting it...

The Prod's letter says this:

INCREDIBLE LOG-IN BONUS
    Already got the expansion? Thank you so much for supporting the ongoing development of RIFT! We want to make sure you get something amazing, in addition to the prospect of having even more people to play with in the celestial lands!

So what I was thinking reading this was: 4.0 given for free to everyone, and for those who paid it, a special gift.
    Was fine. I don't mind TRION giving 4.0 for free, this will bring back many people, and will help some guildmates to reach 70.
    But the special gift is not special.
    So nothing special is given to loyal paying customers to thank them? Not even a cosmetic thing, mount, costume, pet... nothing.

I really feel bad with this. The gift should have been given only to those who paid. Or something else given to them to acknowledge their investment.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post

So what I was thinking reading this was: 4.0 given for free to everyone, and for those who paid it, a special gift.
    Was fine. I don't mind TRION giving 4.0 for free, this will bring back many people, and will help some guildmates to reach 70.
    But the special gift is not special.
    So nothing special is given to loyal paying customers to thank them? Not even a cosmetic thing, mount, costume, pet... nothing.
    Now that the expension has been made available free of charge for any who logged-in during the four day period, the "special gift" was an insult to those who paid for the expansion.
    Last edited by Captain Kremmen; 05-15-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kremmen View Post
    Now that the expension has been made available free of charge for any who logged-in during the four day period, the "special gift" was an insult to those who paid for the expansion.
    Yes because everyone got it, paying or not. I feel same as you.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

I suppose one of the distinctions would be early adopters got Opie. The bigger gripe would've been people who paid for the collectors to get Opie, and then they basically gave it to everyone... but /shrug
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread