+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Expansion Free to everyone this weekend..forever!

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Default OFFICIAL: Expansion Free to everyone this weekend..forever!

If you slack and still don't have Starfall Prophecy, oops, Prophecy of Ahnket Expansion fear not, log on from today until May 14th and get it free!!

Yes free, zilch, zip, zero, nada, nothing...but Slip what's the catch?...there's none.

All details here >>>> http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...end-may-10-14/

By 2018 I predict the expansion will be f2p completely. Like SL.

How is this NOT a slap in the face for those of us who payed for it,.. or for the poor souls who had to grind their brains out farming in game to get REX-s and buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    Do you all complain in stores when they hold a sale?
    Rift desperately needs influx of new/returning players. I`am happy with this decision. I can`t wait when they change this expansion f2p also.

I hope they are sending out new-letters to everyone.
    Why would someone complain about a sale, it's positive thing?

This desicion however is NOT. It's unprecedented, unfair and uncalled for.

Yes, we need more players, but as for loyal and supportive players who waited patiently, funded and kept faith in the expansion and the game need at the same time to NOT be baited, cheated and deceived to pay for content others get free on this frequent basis. How do non-patrons and players with zero purchase history contribute to the game - player count, roleplay fanfics, guides, budget builds?!
    Last edited by Rakuda88; 05-10-2017 at 07:18 AM.
    [believe "things" can still be saved with the power of communication and common sense]

Plane Walker

Wait.

If I had just waited two more weeks, the expansion would have been free?! Are you joking, Trion? Can I have my credits back for the two copies of the expansion that I purchased within the past few weeks?!

I'm not happy at all. I spent a few weeks playing hunting about for promos or whatever, especially since I had paid for almost 2.5 years of patron in the past and more besides, only to come up short, and about two weeks after purchasing the expansion I find out that had I only been a little more patient I wouldn't have had to spend all that money and credits?

This, as was said above, is a slap in the face. ESPECIALLY since all the time I have been playing, content was free. Now you release a new expansion and for a few months make people pay for it then all of a sudden make it free.

I want my credits back for the gift expansion I purchased, and my 39.99 for my own pack refunded. I will be filing a ticket for this.

I guess "No tricks. No traps" is no longer a catchphrase for this gaming company? Because THIS RIGHT HERE is exactly that.

I feel incredibly cheated.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Plane Touched

Rift desperately needs influx of new/returning players. I`am happy with this decision. I can`t wait when they change this expansion f2p also.

I hope they are sending out new-letters to everyone.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Folks, if you recently purchased the expansion, please contact support.trionworlds.com - our CS reps will evaluate each refund request on a case by case basis.

Those who purchased it in advance have had the opportunity to explore the lands early, and we sincerely thank you for supporting the ongoing development costs of RIFT!
    This benefits all in game - early adopters get more folks to play with, and free players can finally experience the Celestial Lands. It is common practice in MMOGs to make expansions free over time.

This is a weekend promotion to celebrate the name change. We hope it brings happiness to all those who could not afford to invest in it.
    After May 14th, the expansion will be offered at a significantly reduced price, again, to make it easier for the latecomers to Ahnket.

Also, did you all claim the exclusive and time-limited GIFT BUNDLE on the RIFT in-game store? Another way to thank all of our players! Please help all your friends claim this gift before midnight PDT, May 14th!
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 05-10-2017 at 07:58 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Making this the official thread for discussion. =)

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Some folks on Ghar Station noticed that the Celestial Adventurer's Pack and Prophecy of Ahnket expansion cost the same in credits on the in-game store, but different prices on the Glyph store.

According to Archonix himself, the discrepancy is odd but intentional.
    Short version: since the upgrade pack was already priced in credits, we didn't want to bump the price in game. Folks who pick it up for credits can get it for a nice discount.

Brasse

I am very excited about this little weekend give-away. Sure, I pre-ordered and paid for the deluxe expansion about 9 months ago now. I've been playing the game since November. I have enjoyed well over 80 hours or so typically spent on a $60 console game. This is currently a limited time offer designed to bring us more players. More players is good. It can also bring more customers to Trion. And more customers are good.

As time goes by on entertainment products, they become cheaper and more accessible. This "free" weekend looks like just a move along that path, which other games also go through. I agree with notawaifu that eventually the whole thing will be free, as they move to another expansion. This is how it goes, and the infusion of new interest, players and customers can only be good for any game.

I do not feel like my money was wasted. I have plenty of Quality of Life bonuses that have made my game play well worth even though I have PAID for Rift, Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide also along the way. I have large bags on my characters thanks to the Prophecy Tokens. I have a pocket porticulum to get to ZE bosses quicker thanks to Storm Legion. I have the group summons to bring my guildies to that boss, thanks to Nightmare Tide. And I have months and months of playing already under my belt so I can help others enjoy the game.

I'm a more serious player so the money spent is worth it to me. But I have plenty of casual friends who can now come play a bit too.
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 05-10-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    Also, the expansion has been out for only 4 weeks and it's already being offered out on promotions. Don't be surprised if it goes free some point within the year if the population drops off. Trion has done this once already with storm legion.
    Called it.
    Harrisonford

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Folks, if you recently purchased the expansion, please contact support.trionworlds.com - our CS reps will evaluate each refund request on a case by case basis.

Those who purchased it in advance have had the opportunity to explore the lands early, and we sincerely thank you supporting the ongoing development costs of RIFT!
    This benefits all in game - early adopters get more folks to play with, and free players can finally experience the Celestial Lands. It is common practice in MMOGs to make expansions free over time.

This is a weekend promotion to celebrate the name change. We hope it brings happiness to all those who could not afford to invest in it.
    After May 14th, the expansion will be offered at a significantly reduced price, again, to make it easier for the latecomers to Ahnket.

Also, did you all claim the exclusive and time-limited GIFT BUNDLE on the RIFT in-game store? Another way to thank all of our players! Please help all your friends claim this gift before midnight PDT, May 14th!
    Brasse
    Thank you, Brasse! I have submitted a polite ticket.

If I had gone to a store to buy $80 worth of merchandise that they had, less than two weeks later, decided to put on the street to whoever walked by, I would indeed bring that self-same merchandise back for a refund.

I would not ask for a refund if I had had it for several months. But it's been eleven days since I bought it. So I appreciate very much the swift response for recent purchases.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    Thank you, Brasse! I have submitted a polite ticket.

If I had gone to a store to buy $80 worth of merchandise that they had, less than two weeks later, decided to put on the street to whoever walked by, I would indeed bring that self-same merchandise back for a refund.

I would not ask for a refund if I had had it for several months. But it's been eleven days since I bought it. So I appreciate very much the swift response for recent purchases.
    Then you have spent already 11 days in the expansion. Asking refund after 11 days, just no comment.

Plane Walker

It's a good thing you aren't choosing to comment, as after all you aren't deciding whether recent purchases get refunds or not. Happily, it doesn't affect you in the slightest.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    Called it.
    Nostradamus, is that you?

I have a question about the level 65 boost + SFP bundle that was available for 450 affinity points.

Will this option return after the promotion ends?

In the alternative, will a boost-for-affinity point option become available?

As a final note, I wonder if you might revisit DLC + item bundles and consider changing the DLC to apply on consume rather than on purchase. Access to bundled items without auto consuming the accompanying DLC might be an incentive for people to buy more stuff.

I would have purchased the SFP + boost bundle for affinity, but as it auto-consumes on purchase, I had been waiting to level all but one of my alts to 65.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast