+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Expansion Free to everyone this weekend..forever!

dbe
    General of Telara

I was out of town all weekend and missed the free expansion. Anything I can do or has that boat sailed? Haven't played since 3.7, would like to check it out again.

Just remember:

As long as you have money you have your proof in the subject :P

Joking, but it's funny how the thread subject cut off the full subject is a bit odd sounding too sounds like from this weekend it's free for life hehe.
    Last edited by Kane Hart; 05-17-2017 at 12:06 AM.
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

shp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    I was out of town all weekend and missed the free expansion. Anything I can do or has that boat sailed? Haven't played since 3.7, would like to check it out again.
    Too late, free xpack is gone.

Soulwalker

Bought the expansion for 6000 credit one month ago.
    No refund, No compensation. Selling expansion with credit one month ago turns out a fraud. Whoever made that 2 week refund policy is stupid, I am glad you made that decision before I become a yearly patron. Time to AFK again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapleleaves View Post
    Bought the expansion for 6000 credit one month ago.
    No refund, No compensation. Selling expansion with credit one month ago turns out a fraud. Whoever made that 2 week refund policy is stupid, I am glad you made that decision before I become a yearly patron. Time to AFK again.
    I don't get this part TBH. 2 weeks seems like a nice thing. Not all companies do this but ones that offer returns, etc do normally offer 2 weeks. If you bought it 32 days you be like worst company should be 3 months return blah blah. Then 6 months then 12 months.

2 weeks is beyond fair and quite normal for stores in the real world that is not digital..
    Old Content:

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    I don't get this part TBH. 2 weeks seems like a nice thing. Not all companies do this but ones that offer returns, etc do normally offer 2 weeks. If you bought it 32 days you be like worst company should be 3 months return blah blah. Then 6 months then 12 months.

2 weeks is beyond fair and quite normal for stores in the real world that is not digital..
    Not really. one month play for 6000 credit? It is much worse than those people who bought last year. and most retail stores in North America have one month price protection. 2 weeks? come on!

Soulwalker

Anyone who bought them with credit (in 5 weeks I believe) should get refund.
    I am not talking about those people who bought half year ago. But, those people should get some type of compensation like loyalty or some mounts. Why do you have a promotion to make paid customer angry?
    tomorrow there will be some wardrobe for sale. and be totally free next month. you think It Is Normal?
    Last edited by Mapleleaves; 05-18-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapleleaves View Post
    Anyone who bought them with credit (in 5 weeks I believe) should get refund.
    I am not talking about those people who bought half year ago. But, those people should get some type of compensation like loyalty or some mounts. Why do you have a promotion to make paid customer angry?
    tomorrow there will be some wardrobe for sale. and be totally free next month. you think It Is Normal?
    Normal? Yes... I recommend researching the Term Business. 5 weeks what if I bought it 5.1 weeks?

Just to add to this. It's a USA Game. In the states it's a big diff in Canada as well. You can't just go back with a open product and demand a cheaper price because they had a sale a week later or at least from the general understanding. Software is much worse rules then this and then digital is even much harder rules on this.

It's how it goes it's life.

Like I said and joked 2 weeks 4 weeks 3 months. You replied with 5 weeks and shows your expectations are silly.
    Last edited by Kane Hart; 05-18-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    Old Content:

Soulwalker

Normal? Yes... I recommend researching the Term Business. 5 weeks what if I bought it 5.1 weeks?

Just to add to this. It's a USA Game. In the states it's a big diff in Canada as well. You can't just go back with a open product and demand a cheaper price because they had a sale a week later or at least from the general understanding. Software is much worse rules then this and then digital is even much harder rules on this.

Like I said and joked 2 weeks 4 weeks 3 months. You replied with 5 weeks and shows your expectations are silly.
    RIft is open to buy with credit only one month ago.
    You cannot buy the expansion 2 months or 5 months ago with credit.
    Which means they do have a plan to give free expansion when they start selling those expansion with credit.
    That is why I said it was a fraud.
    Last edited by Mapleleaves; 05-19-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Soulwalker

and stop talking about 2 months or 5 months. I am representing the people who bought the expansion with credit. (only available in 5 weeks). How can you buy expansion with credit 3 months ago? You do not have that option.
    Do you realize 5 weeks is not a random time frame now? It is the time when Trion starts to sell expansion with 6000 credit. It means Trion bring back F2P in less than 5 weeks after they introduce the new payment method. You have the same experience from any other online games? Feel free to share.
    Last edited by Mapleleaves; 05-19-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Soulwalker

Btw, this is my alt. I did buy the original expansion on last December. I am not complaining about that. because at that time, Trion didn't have a plan to go back to F2P.
    Last edited by Mapleleaves; 05-19-2017 at 07:32 AM.

This event is over could we get it locked please ?
    Old Content:

Soulwalker

I was also out of town and missed the promo . I've been looking for an excuse to go back to Telara because I'm broke atm and can't afford to buy the expansion. I used to spend money regularly and support the game and I would gladly do so in the future again but for now im stuck at lvl 65... I hope I don't miss the next one, if there is one.

I missed this, which sucks because I've been wanting to get back into Rift.

To all the people crying?

This is a very good business move. If I understood correctly, it only unlocked it for a single character. It will get a lot of people interested in the game and mostly likely those people will spend money on the game. And personally? Crying refund... when you spent that money on the game, you helped the game to be developed in the future, and you should want more people playing. I don't know, it just doesn't seem very fair to demand a refund. But that's the beauty of it, it's my opinion. Oh whaaaale.

Soulwalker

Had I known there was going to be a free expansion weekend, I totally would have redownloaded the game JUST for that alone. I haven't played Rift in probably a year and a half because most of my friends moved on to other games. I decided just last night to check into Rift to see how things were, and lo and behold, I missed the free expansion by just a week. One week late out of a year and a half of not playing... Kinda bitter about that to be honest (I never received an email or newsletter about it), but it did get me to download the game again anyway. Ahh well, I still have lots of credits left over and only need to pick up a $5 pack of them to get the expansion if I want it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast