+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Expansion Free to everyone this weekend..forever!

General of Telara

FYI, the new companion appears to be account bound though so should be transferable once the cache is opened.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #47
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    FYI, the new companion appears to be account bound though so should be transferable once the cache is opened.

Yes, they are all ONE per account.

The following are account-bound until consumed:
    Rae-me (the white deer companion)
    Individual Reward Cache

The following are soulbound when the cache is claimed:
    Trove of Sparkles
    Tenebrean Engine.

The Puzzle Box (Dimension item) is not bound.

Proof to people disbelieving in chat.

EDIT: Added further proof.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL: Expansion Free to everyone this weekend..forever!-untitled.jpg   OFFICIAL: Expansion Free to everyone this weekend..forever!-untitled1.jpg  
    Last edited by Maeloda; 05-10-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Could we get some official explanation of who gets this bonus and how it works?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    this only seems true for people who haven't logged on for a while though ...

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    this only seems true for people who haven't logged on for a while though ...

This is weird though, as I am not sure if I logged in within the week, but I know I logged in within the month to organize all my characters' inventory before uninstalling.

You got six months of play time; that's not nothing.
    And it's not (yet?) permanently free. Goes back to $20 after this.

Default I agree this is terrible

I have been playing since beta and have always supported trion with rift. The rewards we got after buying the full expansion early is crap. Imo give us some loyalty or something you know.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #54

If you log in now, you get Prophecy of Ahnket for free, PERMANENTLY.
    After midnight PDT on the 14th, anyone who does not yet have it may buy it for $19.99, but all the smart people will have grabbed it during these five days. Help us get the word out!

Some folks who have not been to RIFT in a long time are getting special winback offers. I do not know exactly what the criteria for data selection were, but hey... it seems like a HELL of a deal. I hope we get some old-timers back!

Soulwalker

Okay so just to be sure, we don't need to go to the trion store or rift store or anything like that to get the expansion? It auto-adds to our account as soon as we login?

Just making sure because I went to the store and it was on sale for 19.99. Thanks,

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #56

Quote Originally Posted by Whatelse73 View Post
    Okay so just to be sure, we don't need to go to the trion store or rift store or anything like that to get the expansion? It auto-adds to our account as soon as we login?

Just making sure because I went to the store and it was on sale for 19.99. Thanks,
    Correct! Just log in to game. The game will see you and flag your account for Prophet of Ahnket.
    That's all. It will stick to your account forevermore.

By the way, I meant to mention that some folks may not have received an email for a winback because they chose not to opt-in for Trion emails. We never sell our email lists, so I strongly encourage folks to:
    1) opt in for our emails!
    2) check your spam folders and flag us as legit. We do all we can to make our emails compliant, but have little control over how ISPs and email programs view us.

I opt in for emails for every game I play, and have received some really cool winbacks from other games over the years. Totally worth it.
    Brasse

Well I didn't get any win back and Ive been gone for a long time, however the free expac was enough to get me to log in and I am very grateful for it.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tocadordetuba View Post
    For those wondering, support will do nothing for you if it's been over 8 days. Apparently I picked the wrong week to drop over $100 on expansion and patron.

Not sure why we're being told to send in tickets if they aren't going to do anything
    I asked for a refund for mine and got it. I guess they meant it when they said case-by-case ... I'm sorry you didn't get yours. I surely hope there was a good reason rather than just different whims from different GMs :/

After having slept on it, I honestly think this might have worked better being announced a bit more in advance. I am sure people would've taken advantage but considering I got a refund after 11 days and another person did not get a refund after 8 days seems incredibly unfair. If it had been a few weeks advance notice and I just missed the boat, oh well. Saying "hey this is FREE NOW" you really do open yourself up to a number of players who rightfully deserve refunds and may/may not get one because of instances like this.

Perhaps trion should communicate a little more effectively when it comes to the expenditure of money, is what I'm getting at.

And for those people that say "but it's supporting the game," I'm all for supporting the game. I truly am. If I'd known 11 days ago that it was going to be free, I'd have probably spent the exact same amount of money on soul packs for both of us and probably some extra fluff. The money would've been spent either way; it just feels wasted to have bought an expansion that becomes free just a few days later! So, you know, a little advance warning might not have lost them any money, just maybe sold different things.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

You're kidding, right?

No?

...so this confirms my suspicions that you're intentionally trying to delay me from filling out my achievements!

(Seriously though, I just finished my Planetouched Wilds questline yesterday and was thinking about what to do next, and suddenly this pops up. Nice.)

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    If you log in now, you get Prophecy of Ahnket for free, PERMANENTLY.
    After midnight PDT on the 14th, anyone who does not yet have it may buy it for $19.99, but all the smart people will have grabbed it during these five days. Help us get the word out!

Some folks who have not been to RIFT in a long time are getting special winback offers. I do not know exactly what the criteria for data selection were, but hey... it seems like a HELL of a deal. I hope we get some old-timers back!

Haven't played in years, can I have PoTH with LW again? I'll come back then!
    Pls respond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast