+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Expansion Free to everyone this weekend..forever!

>They had no choice but to change the name of the expansion they were being sued by Starfall Education Foundation for trademark infringement. https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/...on_Worlds,_Inc <

Obviously they had a choice - they could have litigated the lawsuit. They quite likely would have won - a basic tenet of the applicable law is that a name that has some similarity to an existing name is permitted unless there is some likelihood of confusion. Given that this is the name of an expansion in a MMO the chances that it would be confusing to people dealing with a charity is ...not high.

Lawsuits are expensive and there is always the risk that some whacky judge or jury would have ruled the wrong way. Thus settling was a reasonable decision - changing the name isn't nearly as expensive as the cost of a trial.

((30 years as a lawyer I do have some expertise in this area though I know nothing about the charity's allegations in this case)).

Rift Disciple

I love the comments that an influx of new players is a good thing , maybe having done something to keep the thousands that have left recently might have been a better strategy but of course that option would have probably been more costly . I believe that TRION wishes to replace long time patrons , who know what the quality of Rift used to be , with new players that are content with it as it is now . Thanks however for the loot cache , it is a nice token gesture for those of use longtimers that have not left yet .

Plane Walker

Sooooo...

Is the "upgrade" to PoA automatic once you log in? How do you know if it's been applied to your account?

Also, this is all so... weird...

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    Is the "upgrade" to PoA automatic once you log in? How do you know if it's been applied to your account?
    Yes, as soon as you log in it's added to your account. To verify go to the DLC section of the Rift store and look for the Lock Icon on the Prophecy of Ahnket item.
    Randeth@Faeblight 70Mage
    Hanai@Faeblight 66Rogue
    Bhryne@Faeblight 60Cleric
    Varisil@Faeblight 60Warrior
    Jafera@Faeblight 60Primalist

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Randeth View Post
    Yes, as soon as you log in it's added to your account. To verify go to the DLC section of the Rift store and look for the Lock Icon on the Prophecy of Ahnket item.

Okay, thanks!

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

Trion changed the name of Starfall Prophecy to Prophecy of Ankhet.

Trion also is having a "free weekend" where anyone who logs in can get Starfall Prophecy for free.

They also rebundled the expansion access for after this weekend when it goes back to being for sale, but at a lower price.

So, um.. I don't know why Klingensturm has nails in his coffin.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    Trion changed the name of Starfall Prophecy to Prophecy of Ankhet.

Trion also is having a "free weekend" where anyone who logs in can get Starfall Prophecy for free.

They also rebundled the expansion access for after this weekend when it goes back to being for sale, but at a lower price.

So, um.. I don't know why Klingensturm has nails in his coffin.

Yeah I do not get it either. However, I think:

1) The charity thing is bunk. The expac has such a rotten reputation and has failed to pass any sniff test that they needed a name change in the hope of luring anyone back.

2) Smart move for people who didnt buy the expac. Miss all the problems and lack of content and griping and come back today. I bet within 10 days of coming back someone could be right up to normal and in IROTP. Still, I think the reputation of this game and company has been so ruined that they could call it Burning Crusade and not many old players would bite

3) Only other thing I will add is from the producers letter. Why not put out normal mode TD long before this. They will release when everyone has already run TD a couple hundred times.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    Trion also is having a "free weekend" where anyone who logs in can get Starfall Prophecy Prophecy of Ahnket for free.
    Fixed it for you!

I do agree that this should be a non-contentious win for all RIFT players though. Free promo, free gift cache, lower price point in future. We are taking nothing away, nor making anything harder to attain.
    Brasse

D'oh!

Now the big question is what do we call expert dungeons?
    PAEs? PoAEs? Experts formally known as SPEs?

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40

And yes, the Prophecy of Ahnket is automagically applied to any account that logs in during the promotional period that does not already have it.

If anyone has any issues accessing the expansion in any way during this promotional period, PLEASE let us know. So far it's going really well. CS is standing by to assist!
    Brasse

A bit worried that its happening *now*. I expected it (free access to 'POA') to happen late this year earliest, but more like up to late next year with a 5.0 release.

But 'SFP' was problematically successful at best, and a failure at worst. Doesn't mean the game is over, but I left for good reason.

I'd love for the game to pick itself up this year. I disagree with the death-knell comments. They're just doing here what they think will help.

I do think that anyone who bought SFP in the last week or two, maybe three, should get refunds if they ask for it.

Downloading RIFT again now to see if the bundle is for all players or just previous purchasers of SFP.

So far I think the expansion applied to mine, but the come back promo code for the ascended essentials pack didn't happen. I clicked it on my account screen when logged in through the web but wasn't mailed anything nor did it auto apply it seems. Big bummer since primalist was something I wanted to check out and that was in the pack.

Soulwalker

For those wondering, support will do nothing for you if it's been over 8 days. Apparently I picked the wrong week to drop over $100 on expansion and patron.

Not sure why we're being told to send in tickets if they aren't going to do anything

[EDITED WITH AN UPDATE: CS will now process refunds for those who purchased the expansion up to 2 weeks ago (14 days, or 1209600 seconds). Sorry for the initial denial of refund, Toca! ~Brasse]
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 05-10-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    So far I think the expansion applied to mine, but the come back promo code for the ascended essentials pack didn't happen. I clicked it on my account screen when logged in through the web but wasn't mailed anything nor did it auto apply it seems. Big bummer since primalist was something I wanted to check out and that was in the pack.
    I found an email in my spam folder that took me to a link. The two packs do not auto apply, had to follow a link and then 2 codes were emailed to me.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #45

Rath, please click on the link in the email and claim the codes in the Glyph store. Please connect with Customer Service if you are having trouble claiming a code They can look up your account and sort things out! support.trionworlds.com

And for everyone, remember to claim your Ahnket Cache in game, in the RIFT store.
    It is BIND ON PICKUP and not account-wide, so be sure to claim it on your lucky fave character!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast