+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 140
Like Tree142Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Expansion Free to everyone this weekend..forever!

  1. #16
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Those who purchased it in advance have had the opportunity to explore the lands early, and we sincerely thank you supporting the ongoing development costs of RIFT!
    Just know that it won't be happening again. It's really not worth the money just for a few extra months inside the content. My advice is to to at least give buyers some rare wardrobes/mounts or something as some incentive to do it next time otherwise it's highly unlikely you'll see the same amount of people investing in future releases. I for one will be patient and wait next time. As for your claimed benefit, I prefer the servers quiet so I can get on with my gaming without lag and dozens of players mobbing the NPCs so please don't pretend you've done us a favour. I already have to change shard immediately after logging on so that I can function. Having the emptier shards more full will just make them equally intolerable.

  2. #17
    Champion of Telara Ongar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    I think this is exactly what needed to happen: Opening up the xpac to new and returning players.

    Also those that got the xpac earlier get more people to play wth. Win - win if you ask me.


  3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    I have a question about the level 65 boost + SFP bundle that was available for 450 affinity points.
    Will this option return after the promotion ends?
    There are no plans to offer the option again. The level 65 boost was included in the originally released expansion, and the new version is offered at a much lower price point.

    I will pass on your suggestion to offer boosts for Affinity. I love my Affinity points too!
    Brasse

  4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbinrehard View Post
    Just know that it won't be happening again. It's really not worth the money just for a few extra months inside the content.
    ... As for your claimed benefit, I prefer the servers quiet so I can get on with my gaming without lag and dozens of players mobbing the NPCs so please don't pretend you've done us a favour. I already have to change shard immediately after logging on so that I can function. Having the emptier shards more full will just make them equally intolerable.
    As most MMOGs offer previous expansions at no cost at a certain point, it is worth waiting if you are not in a hurry for it. That is entirely your choice.

    If you find playing with a lot of other folks intolerable, you may want to consider games outside of the MMOG genre.
    All kidding aside, I understand your concern may be on the technical side, and I get that too - my rural farm wireless is terrible. I tend to avoid raids and crowded zones on days that it is especially bad. I hope one day that we will all have fiber and top notch computers!

  5. #20
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    666

    Default

    At the very least you could have made the Prophecy of Ahnket Cache an account wide item (the companion pet would be nice to have on all toons).
    Last edited by Rhipf; 05-10-2017 at 08:37 AM.

  6. #21
    Rift Chaser Eggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    There are no plans to offer the option again. The level 65 boost was included in the originally released expansion, and the new version is offered at a much lower price point.

    I will pass on your suggestion to offer boosts for Affinity. I love my Affinity points too!
    Brasse
    Thank you very much!

  7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    684

    Default

    It is the nature of humanity to complain about something that is free.
    We have no plans to make these high value items account-wide at this time. [Edit: I have forwarded the suggestion to make the deer pet account-wide, but NO idea if it will happen or not. Def not on the other items.]

    I am just going to take a day or so to decide which of my many beloved characters is going to get the Cache - leaning toward my main Cleric!
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 05-10-2017 at 08:52 AM.

  8. #23
    Plane Touched Clowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    203

    Default

    For those looking for a summary of this development, plus a quick guide to the store updates, Hepatitis and myself have summarized it all over on The Ghar Station -

    https://www.thegharstation.com/2017/...store-updates/
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

  9. #24
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default

    This is totally unfair !!!!

  10. #25
    Thread of Fate Twinmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    368

    Default

    As an avid supporter of Rift since before it was called Heroes of Telara, and a purchaser of every pack except Drakcoon's, I'm hearing the death knell at last.

    Renaming the expansion seems to just put on display the underlying identity crisis that Trion appears to be having - it's not just limited to Rift. I'm not sure whether the game has a defined direction anymore. For me, the game no longer grabs me - Tartaric Depths didn't make me want to go do LFR after the admitted disaster that was Cracking Xarth's Skull's release. The dungeons feel rushed and at times incongruous to the main game. PVP doesn't really have direction, as always - though at least there's separate gear now. I'll miss Port Scion - a hole in the world since day one, and now the Warfront is gone.

    As a lore nerd since day one of Head Start, "Prophecy of Ahnket" feels like the main story ended with the first segment of the story quest chains - to the point where everyone praises you for "averting the Starfall Prophecy". Is this what Trion is trying to do - avert themselves from having a negative reputation associated with the old name? As the kid of a marketing guy, I can understand why - but that negative reputation won't go away if nothing else changes.

    Temporary goodies do not solve the problem. To whoever gets PoA free - grats to you, but welcome to the pain train.
    Last edited by Twinmoon; 05-10-2017 at 09:55 AM.

  11. #26
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I can see the comments next week. "I didn't see this last weekend. Why can't I get it for free?
    You should have posted this in the game, Discord, the Wall Street Journal"

    I have always expected game expansions to eventually go free at some point. I'm glad I paid the money to be able to enjoy it over the last few months. In addition, this is only one weekend.

    My opinion, if a game does something I don't like, I go elsewhere. After all "It's a game"!

  12. #27
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinmoon View Post
    As an avid supporter of Rift since before it was called Heroes of Telara, and a purchaser of every pack except Drakcoon's, I'm hearing the death knell at last.

    Renaming the expansion seems to just put on display the underlying identity crisis that Trion appears to be having - it's not just limited to Rift. I'm not sure whether the game has a defined direction anymore. For me, the game no longer grabs me - Tartaric Depths didn't make me want to go do LFR after the admitted disaster that was Cracking Xarth's Skull's release. The dungeons feel rushed and at times incongruous to the main game. PVP doesn't really have direction, as always - though at least there's separate gear now. I'll miss Port Scion - a hole in the world since day one, and now the Warfront is gone.

    As a lore nerd since day one of Head Start, "Prophecy of Ahnket" feels like the main story ended with the first segment of the story quest chains - to the point where everyone praises you for "averting the Starfall Prophecy". Is this what Trion is trying to do - avert themselves from having a negative reputation associated with the old name? As the kid of a marketing guy, I can understand why - but that negative reputation won't go away if nothing else changes.

    Temporary goodies do not solve the problem. To whoever gets PoA free - grats to you, but welcome to the pain train.
    They had no choice but to change the name of the expansion they were being sued by Starfall Education Foundation for trademark infringement. https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/...on_Worlds,_Inc
    Last edited by DammitBilly; 05-10-2017 at 10:02 AM.

  13. #28
    Champion Dorotea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Anyone surprised that the expansion has been made available to all players, this IS the pattern in MMOs and not a surprise at all.

    Having the new cache account wide would IMO be somewhat excessive - not that I would object. I don't understand why it isn't bind-to-account, however, so we can decide what character gets it at our leisure and even save for a future character. If there is a problem with this OK but I simply don't see what that problem would be.

  14. #29
    Thread of Fate Twinmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DammitBilly View Post
    They had no choice but to change the name of the expansion they were being sued by Starfall Education Foundation for trademark infringement. https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/...on_Worlds,_Inc
    A questionably successful 501(c)(3) charity grasping at straws because they saw money. If this had actually been a problem, SEF would've sued back when the expansion was announced 9 months ago, or when the expansion was launched 6 months ago. While they did sue, I highly doubt this was the only reason (especially considering the wishy-washy light that the expansion has been cast in).

    Besides, the attorneys whom they chose are known to go after companies and projects with far more money than their client. Bardacke Allison isn't exactly a squeaky-clean firm.
    Last edited by Twinmoon; 05-10-2017 at 10:10 AM.

  15. #30
    Telaran maousama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    51

    Default

    it might be a nice idea to give thoes of us who bought the expansion some vanity items, be them some new wardrobe , a mount or, you know, loyalty..like enough of it to get people to blue tier mb?
    i heard that new accounts are getting 20k loyalty and they are also getting free expansion

    its only appropriate to give some real goodies to those of us who bought the expansion either on day one or few months in advance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts