+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: What can trion do to make rift great again.

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default What can trion do to make rift great again.

    Title says it.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    115

    Default

    build a wall?
    Guild Leader
    - Akatsuki -
    @PRIME

  3. #3
    Isp
    Isp is offline
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutalize11 View Post
    build a wall?
    And we will be paying for it
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    502

    Default

    I would suggest they go back and look at what made Rift great in the first place.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Hire more workers and put more time into new content, updates, features, class balance and bug fixes. First priority: class balance.

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara Ongar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    - I think PvP is a driving factor for the game and should get an equal amout of attention. A top priority would be a state of the art Conquest Map.

    - World Bosses - especially those from SL - should be upscaled and get meaningful rewards.

    - If a raid is new and current, it should be full tier raid. LFR should be a grouping tool for those who want to "roll the dice", but not its own (half) tier.

    - Bring people faster to the endgame or make the leveling process more interesting (story missions).

    - The game should aggressively try to get new and returning players into or back into the game. There should be a discussion if the switch from F2P to B2P for the lastest xpac was helpful or hindering in that regard.
    Last edited by Ongar; 05-05-2017 at 08:52 AM.

  7. #7
    Champion sirdiggby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    567

    Default

    nothing.

    lets face it they need money, this game was best when it was P2P. the decline started after that.

    then only way to get back to that is huge increase in monetary gains, which would prob not even end up invested in rift anyway.

    the only way is for some bill gates type player to personally invest huge sums to hire more devs, and that aint gonna happen.

    it was great while it lasted but the dream is over, time to wake up.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Rifleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    nothing.

    lets face it they need money, this game was best when it was P2P. the decline started after that.

    then only way to get back to that is huge increase in monetary gains, which would prob not even end up invested in rift anyway.

    the only way is for some bill gates type player to personally invest huge sums to hire more devs, and that aint gonna happen.

    it was great while it lasted but the dream is over, time to wake up.
    Thanks for crushing it Nancy!

    But Sirdiggy is right... unless Trion gets huge sums of cash Rift will keep getting smaller and smaller. Rift is still my top MMO though.. because of the soul system. Are there any other MMOs out right now with the same kind of skill tree system?

    Oh yeah.. that whole staying on topic thing.

    PvP Class Balance would be my number one thing that would make Rift great.. again.

    Anyway.. hf Rifting everyone -- Rifle.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Oldar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    nothing.

    lets face it they need money, this game was best when it was P2P. the decline started after that.

    then only way to get back to that is huge increase in monetary gains, which would prob not even end up invested in rift anyway.

    the only way is for some bill gates type player to personally invest huge sums to hire more devs, and that aint gonna happen.

    it was great while it lasted but the dream is over, time to wake up.
    You have some valid points but I do not believe "the game was best when it was P2P". If it was so great for both the players and the Devs, why bother do the change from P2P to F2P? F2P was a necessity for the game to adopt new standards for its time period and to survive.

    I can say the success the game met when first launched as P2P was almost as good as when they went F2P.
    - All the paid quality from its subscribers was there.
    - Income from their already Subscribers was there.
    - The new System with REX as a ticket to experience all the possible content as a F2P player was there.
    If you think about it, they had all the good cards in their hands. They just built an awesome, evolutionary System for all type of tastes (Patronage, Store, REX) but they never took the time this System needed to tweak it.
    And then something more awful start to happen: They stopped listen to the community. I suggest some of these ideas here as I believe even now may change things around.

    After all I have seen so many paradoxes in MMO's culture... Check out ESO for instance. It had one of the worst launches when it came out. Critics and players were dooming it all over the internet but, it survived. Year after year look at it now... Its player base increasing so rapidly... Something like this would never happened if they did not start to listen... And now, let's see at Archeage's launch. Almost the same problematic release with fewer bugs than ESO but with promises that changed after the launch. From those 2 studios, the one who listened to its community succeed in time and reversed all the negativity since its release. The other... belongs already in the past as the game that would have change the MMO waters but it fell from its P2W aspects and the greedy tactic of its Devs (?).
    Last edited by Oldar; 05-05-2017 at 11:59 PM.

  10. #10
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldar View Post
    You have some valid points but I do not believe "the game was best when it was P2P". If it was so great for both the players and the Devs, why bother do the change from P2P to F2P? F2P was a necessity for the game to adopt new standards for its time period and to survive.

    I can say the success the game met when first launched as P2P was almost as good as when they went F2P.
    - All the paid quality from its subscribers was there.
    - Income from their already Subscribers was there.
    - The new System with REX as a ticket to experience all the possible content as a F2P player was there.
    If you think about it, they had all the good cards in their hands. They just built an awesome, evolutionary System for all type of tastes (Patronage, Store, REX) but they never took the time this System needed to tweak it.
    And then something more awful start to happen: They stopped listen to the community. I suggest some of these ideas here as I believe even now may change things around.

    After all I have seen so many paradoxes in MMO's culture... Check out ESO for instance. It had one of the worst launches when it came out. Critics and players were dooming it all over the internet but, it survived. Year after year look at it now... Its player base increasing so rapidly... Something like this would never happened if they did not start to listen... And now, let's see at Archeage's launch. Almost the same problematic release with fewer bugs than ESO but with promises that changed after the launch. From those 2 studios, the one who listened to its community succeed in time and reversed all the negativity since its release. The other... belongs already in the past as the game that would have change the MMO waters but it fell from its P2W aspects and the greedy tactic of its Devs (?).
    My understanding was they needed to go f2p because they pulled money from Rift to support other games which were meh and then realized they needed to near kill the golden goose to keep the company going.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Valfador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    For me Rift was a great subscriber game, going from subscriber model to f2p means changing the game mechanics to incorporate the f2p model, such as adding more grind, making currency more required so you either play lots, or open up the wallet.
    For me it was when the game just went too much into the honeytrap business that I just lost the will to play, was probably somewhere in Nightmare Tide where it just felt like too much whip, without any real fun content to do, bug testing raids wasn't that interesting after all.
    Fixing the game would involve getting proper raids, with some form of difficulty, pvp I did do lots, but that one just needs to be balanced. It's not like raiding where they actually need to make new content and make it fun from scripts, warfronts you just need someone crying at the other graveyard and not have it be due to OP specs.
    Last edited by Valfador; 05-06-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Oldar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    My understanding was they needed to go f2p because they pulled money from Rift to support other games which were meh and then realized they needed to near kill the golden goose to keep the company going.
    Well, if they had as purpose to "kill the golden goose" from the beginning, they should have at least created another company with passionate professionals to keep working on Rift while they would waste money on failed projects. Kinda as Zenimax did with ESO from Bethesda. Or they could have sold the IP to some active team for further development. They would had won a lot more that way.... and they would had still keep their good reputation above all...

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara Necalli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Well, I gave an in-depth look at what I think on a thread I started shortly after SFP.
    TLR
    -Focus on open world content
    -Massively reduce grind and RNG
    -Make a decision about hybrids and either support them or change the soul system
    -stop putting so much time into raids
    -make things account wide unlocks

    and whatever else I put in my post...

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Poshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Ive only been playing since January of this year but Ive been doing end game since TD hit live. I think Rift is pretty great. I like almost everything in the game except for wicket and the frag rng. I hear complaints about alot of the content but I have enjoyed everything in SFP, including the siege event, pvp, TD, SPEs and especially the eternal quest line as it has really increased the amount of group and world activity. My guild has over 30 active 70s on at almost all times since TD went live.

    If one of the goals for LFR and a tier 0 raid is to attract new players to higher level group content I think they have done alot of things right. This is just my perspective compared to other MMOs, not previous expansions or the launch of this game itself.

  15. #15
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Although I primarily just Dim, as of late that is losing its luster.

    Still here is what I would like to see Trion do.

    -Go back to F2P. B2P was a disaster. I can't see many people buying another expansion, after SFP.

    -Uncap Adventurine. You don't give something to someone and take it away.

    -Make PVP great again. I may not PVP, but the times I had, I enjoyed it. It's one of the corner stones to MMO's and Rift.

    -Kill the grind.

    -Get rid of goofy things like the Eternal weapons quest where I have to be Spider-Man. There are games I can be Spider-Man. Rift is not the one I choose too.

    -Stop locking Dim items behind RNG and time frames. 4 hour minion missions are only beneficial if you can use them.

    -
    Korvac the conquerer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts