+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding RIFT 4.1: Hotfix #6 5/3/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    And will the faction also be removed from associated items or some other means to obtain the faction/items added? Or will it end up like conquest rewards and just be forgotten/ignored/removed?
    ---
    RIP Port Scion rep mounts . . .
    Last edited by Dizbo; 05-03-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    ---
    RIP Port Scion rep mounts . . .
    Wait... we're missing out on mounts too?
    Well... isn't that just the icing on the cake as to why it should have come back.
    <3 Your friendly RIFTer,
    Carox

Rift Chaser

Sigh for a world where the Devs decide that Scion is worth retiring and Bronze Tomb is worth keeping.

These four you brought back are the most boring of them all and not the effort it takes to complete them. Only Bronze Tomb is mildly interesting. The other three are snoozers. Port Scion is better than all four of these put together!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/72 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Port Scion is joining CQ as phased out content.

There are multiple reasons for its removal, but it would be more Vladd's place to speak to those reasons than mine.
    Thank you Tacitus, please have Vladd provide the formal reasoning as soon as he is able to do so. We need a much better response on this than the one that was provided earlier.

give me back Scion! i want end my notoriety! mounts
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Heck I only PvP'd in NT because it was critical for gaining gear in a timely manner, and Scion was one of the few I enjoyed. It had variety and interesting tactics. Quite the opposite to something like Black Garden which feels like banging your head against a wall. Less said about the Bronze T... the better.

I am guessing whatever the real reason is, we aren't going to find out. CQ was clearly not working out in the end, but what could possibly be faulted about Scion? My guess is that it is a numbers thing ... simply not enough people to populate it consistently. That said, I haven't PvPd in a year or thereabouts... so it is just a guess.
    Last edited by Linolea; 05-03-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

You might get 2 maybe 3 scion games in total (including the ones you get in and dont get in), in prime US time. Any other time of day i highly doubt it would pop.

I guess one would argue if it would be worth dev time to change the level of all the mobs in PS, or have it elsewhere.

I guess.

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

What about class balance changes? Only very small updates to souls that are not over/under powered?
    Angelinajolie - Missnasty - Dayzedd
    Crisis Crusade
    RIP Defer Death
    Greybriar

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Heck I only PvP'd in NT because it was critical for gaining gear in a timely manner, and Scion was one of the few I enjoyed. It had variety and interesting tactics.

My guess is that it is a numbers thing ... simply not enough people to populate it consistently. That said, I haven't PvPd in a year or thereabouts... so it is just a guess.
    Exactly this. Scion and Conquest were the only BGs I enjoyed, so PVP will be for me a thing of the past.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ardi View Post
    Instead of deleting it, why not turn it into a mini open world 27/7 for pvp and questing for more then just faction notoriety?
    This ^^

Now it's just a mysterious grey area on the map. New players will investigate, and discover the big broken piece of the game. Turning it into an open world PVP zone would be really cool.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Port Scion is joining CQ as phased out content.

There are multiple reasons for its removal, but it would be more Vladd's place to speak to those reasons than mine. As Boase noted, the achievements are being moved to Legacy soon.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...onts-open.html
    Thank you for confirmation on a rift associated site and not some random 3rd party channel. Another reason discussion should be kept here, sad to see some can't be bothered to bring Rift news to rift forums. Also according to Boase's post since Vladd didn't have fun in that warfront it will be getting retired, last time I checked he was a developer and not a player/customer the game is not for the devs....just seems to be another careless consideration imo that will drive more players out of game. FYI more people have fun in port action than bronze tomb.

So from the sounds of it Vladd didn't enjoy the warfront, so it's getting deleted permanently?

That seems kind of unfair for the many customers who really enjoyed it or were hoping to acquire the special mounts from it. I personally enjoyed it the most out of the warfronts because it felt like an actual fight inside a medieval city and like we were fighting for meaningful objectives. It actually felt like a war instead of capturing flags in the middle of nowhere. There were many locations to fight so it split up zergs and created some great terrain utilization (LOSing people upstairs in the church was my favorite).

It's a pity I'll never be able to play my favorite warfront ever again because someone else didn't like it and decided unilaterally to get rid of it

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    So from the sounds of it Vladd didn't enjoy the warfront, so it's getting deleted permanently?

That seems kind of unfair for the many customers who really enjoyed it or were hoping to acquire the special mounts from it. I personally enjoyed it the most out of the warfronts because it felt like an actual fight inside a medieval city and like we were fighting for meaningful objectives. It actually felt like a war instead of capturing flags in the middle of nowhere. There were many locations to fight so it split up zergs and created some great terrain utilization (LOSing people upstairs in the church was my favorite).

It's a pity I'll never be able to play my favorite warfront ever again because someone else didn't like it and decided unilaterally to get rid of it

Well, when people criticize the devs for their decisions and the direction of them game a lot of folks just say we owe them our deference and we cant say too much and if we dont like it go play another game. Essentially, it is the idea that they are the pros, know better than players and see the big picture.

Then you get statements like I hated Scion so we got rid of it.

Yep. I really have no words to adequately express my bafflement and frustration.

We continue to be told that our feedback matters and that devs will be more forthright on official channels, yet none of the players in the PVP community were asked about any of this. We were forced to play Blighted Antechamber for half a year despite over half of the people I PVP with hating it and usually dissolving the group after we get it, yet all it takes is a dev not having fun to remove a beloved, nostalgic warfront?

This is very troubling and frustrating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast