+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mordrahan

Thread: Lock Boxes and Keys?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander mingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    44

    Default Lock Boxes and Keys?

    Hi all,

    So I've been stockpiling lock boxes and keys for quite some time now... (I've been patron for a couple years or so now).

    I finally opened a handful of lockboxes the last week or so, and I've got questions:

    1) Is there a chart somewhere on which lock-boxes can be opened with which keys (I have rare, epic, and legendary keys)

    2) Do some/all lock-boxes even require keys to open? I was able to open some lock-boxes no problem (they were ones from the latest event that I got from the special-event 4h minion missions).

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Alleja zaviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mingu View Post
    Hi all,

    So I've been stockpiling lock boxes and keys for quite some time now... (I've been patron for a couple years or so now).

    I finally opened a handful of lockboxes the last week or so, and I've got questions:

    1) Is there a chart somewhere on which lock-boxes can be opened with which keys (I have rare, epic, and legendary keys)

    2) Do some/all lock-boxes even require keys to open? I was able to open some lock-boxes no problem (they were ones from the latest event that I got from the special-event 4h minion missions).

    Thanks!
    greenscales/crabnarok/other boxes that were dropping from open world mobs require keys, according to their rarity. A box will accept keys that are equal to their color or higher. Blue box will accept blue, purple and orange keys, whileorange box will only accept orange keys.

    Other boxes, the so called 'bought' (this includes minion dropped ones, and patron weekly) open without keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Illvana Alea Mjolln Imalla Ketllina <Servants of None> @typhiria

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Mordrahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Can we get some official statement about these lockboxes dropping no more?
    I still get keys in my patron gifts, but I never saw a box drop on any toon since 4.0.

    I had a lot of the new anachronic anomaly boxes drop on my new toons, so if they are what replaces old lockboxes, you should allow us to open them with the old keys.
    I have many keys for years of patron, and seeing them made useless is frustrating.

    Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

  4. #4
    Shadowlander mingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Can we get some official statement about these lockboxes dropping no more?
    I still get keys in my patron gifts, but I never saw a box drop on any toon since 4.0.

    I had a lot of the new anachronic anomaly boxes drop on my new toons, so if they are what replaces old lockboxes, you should allow us to open them with the old keys.
    I have many keys for years of patron, and seeing them made useless is frustrating.
    This is partly why I posted. When I tried searching the interwebs for lockbox keys, I got posts on these forums complaining about changes to these keys from 2013 or so, and maybe some questions similar to yours.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara Mordrahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    If I remember correctly, first there was ony one key, you could loot it (very rare) and lockboxes were loots too.
    Keys were splitted in three rarities, blue, epic, relic when lockboxes became an heavy trend on the shop. Old keys were not destroyed, because they were also patron gifts, they were made a special type "squeleton key".
    The rule was you could open any box with a key of the same rarity or superior. Squeleton key could open all boxes.

    Anomaly caches came after that, and what I think is that now key lockboxes were removed totally from the game, and anomaly put in their place.
    But patron gift was not updated, and I don't think you can loot an opener like you did with the old keys.
    If I am right, the system is now pure cashgrab, and I see these anomaly lockboxes drop VERY often on my new low level toons. I made some little alts for the Carnaval, and each one got several of these, sometimes before leaving the noob zone. All boxes went to trash.

    So is there any plan to let us use our old keys, or update the patron gifts with anomaly openers?
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 04-24-2017 at 02:40 PM.

    Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

  6. #6
    Ascendant Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    The system now...

    anomaly cache.. you get those from killing stuff... random drop, you need planar stabilizer to open them. Planar stabilizer comes from the credit bought minion adventures or bought in store.

    As far as I know, it drops level 65/100 hit gear max.. no higher level or hit, that I recall anyways.

    Mount boxes. these open without keys. Patron gets one weekly, others are bought with credits or have a chance at dropping from 4hr minion EVENT adventures with a 6* result.
    Mount boxes have a chance at dropping the mount the box was named after.

    I am not sure if there are still boxes in game you open with the blue, epic or relic key. The green skeleton keys are ancient, and open still all boxes they are intended for.
    Some players still sell some of those boxes, because they never used/sold them.

    Certain boxes (if still in game) don't require a key to open. Mayhem adventure cache was a quest reward and soulbound, marauder box came/comes from PVP and was/is soulbound (any correction on this is welcome, in case I am wrong)

    Any box needing a key to open will say so. As said above, blue key opens blue, epic/purple opens blue/purple box and relic key opens all boxes that need a color key.

    The loot table..

    I think all boxes can drop all types of gear. It is usually the way to get the bonus type gear.. mount(ing) boost, Xp boost, token boost or notoriety boost. One needs 2 different pieces of the same type bonus equipped to get that boost.

    Those boosts I have seen on helmet, legs, shoulder, gloves,chest and boots

    Other boosts are stats boost, lesser/medium/high dex boost (or str/wis/int)

    *Anomaly cache is the English/NA name, I assume in other language it is the anachronic one
    Last edited by Aranka; 04-24-2017 at 12:41 AM.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Mordrahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Yes it is anomaly cache, not anachronic, wrong name sorry.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 04-24-2017 at 02:38 PM.

    Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

  8. #8
    Shadowlander mingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    44

    Default

    So.... the rare/epic/legendary keys may be totally useless now?

    If so, Trion should just remove them from our inventories I guess...

  9. #9
    Plane Walker TankGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    407

    Default

    no!
    many ppl still have those boxes not opened, sometimes try to sell.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty/Unstable arts |
    guild Wiewiorki Chaosu'@Typhiria

  10. #10
    Shadowlander mingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    The system now...

    ...
    Mount boxes. these open without keys. Patron gets one weekly, others are bought with credits or have a chance at dropping from 4hr minion EVENT adventures with a 6* result.
    Mount boxes have a chance at dropping the mount the box was named after.

    I am not sure if there are still boxes in game you open with the blue, epic or relic key. The green skeleton keys are ancient, and open still all boxes they are intended for.
    Some players still sell some of those boxes, because they never used/sold them.

    Certain boxes (if still in game) don't require a key to open. Mayhem adventure cache was a quest reward and soulbound, marauder box came/comes from PVP and was/is soulbound (any correction on this is welcome, in case I am wrong)

    Any box needing a key to open will say so. As said above, blue key opens blue, epic/purple opens blue/purple box and relic key opens all boxes that need a color key.

    ...
    Thanks for the breakdown.

    I did get another rare key in one of my daily patron rewards gift boxes this week... and looking through my various lock boxes I've been piling up, all but the Crabnarok Lockbox ones don't require a key. The Crabnarok (spelling?) ones require a rare key I think...

    So I still have no clue on what epic and legendary keys can unlock... maybe higher level content/dungeon/raid loot-table boxes I haven't seen? ... I'm not a huge dungeon/raider myself and am still catching up on some Nightmare Tide content before I fully dive into the open world content of Starfall Prophesy. Things have been slower since I became a dad
    Last edited by mingu; 04-27-2017 at 02:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts