Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Fragments Suck!

Soulwalker

Default Fragments Suck!

They give away of trying to get that special piece...It also fills my bag up. In order to level you have to collect these rocks. Leveling up is another of my complaint. It costs plat instead of.

Since this is just a complaint thread I'll keep it simple.

You should only be spending plat on upgrading epics. You'll see all the stats so none of your plat is wasted.

You should also only be upgrading them to lvl 6 (any higher is purely on the player for complaining if they are running out of plat).

There are alot of other things about fragments like bonus rolls to stats when upgrading higher rarity ones and reasons not to upgrade whites/greens/blues.

These are the basics that most people fail. Stop upgrading whites/greens/blues and then complain about wasted plat when you are RNG guessing for 3+ good stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Since this is just a complaint thread I'll keep it simple.

You should only be spending plat on upgrading epics. You'll see all the stats so none of your plat is wasted.

You should also only be upgrading them to lvl 6 (any higher is purely on the player for complaining if they are running out of plat).

There are alot of other things about fragments like bonus rolls to stats when upgrading higher rarity ones and reasons not to upgrade whites/greens/blues.

These are the basics that most people fail. Stop upgrading whites/greens/blues and then complain about wasted plat when you are RNG guessing for 3+ good stats.
    Boase. Not everyone has 500k plat. Actually i'm willing to bet that less than 5 people in the entire game on EU and NA have that much plat. Most of the people that want bis stats are the ones playing the game and not farming plat all day.

Anyways, i agree with OP, fragments are no bueno. They have been from the start and I didn't like the idea when I saw the amount of plat and resources required to upgrade a fragment with rng stats. Even if you upgrade an epic (which is a rare sighting in some parts of the game) its still going to cost you no less than 5k plat and probably some credits to buy cores to max it out. For some people, as yourself, 5k plat is pocket change and you don't sweat when you clickbot that upgrade button. But for the average player, which is what this game is catering to nowadays, that's a hole in the bank.

But that's just my opinion.

Sincerely,

a broke pvper
    ~Xclusive
    ~The Cult x Coriolis x Ominous

There's nothing worse than getting an Epic and it being the wrong class.

If i was to wait around for only epic fragments in pvp that were for my class and actually somewhat usefull, i would have a grand total of 1 in 5 months of doing nothing but pvp. The only option for me is to upgrade the crap i get and pray i dont get tank stats (which none of my frags were lucky to avoid).

The fragment system sucks.
    Last edited by Lulutala; 04-20-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    Harrisonford

For around 5k plat you can have a Nice set of frags level 9 -12. Just upgrade smartly the frags worth upping. Take your time and wait for that one frag, don't waste money by upping a frag to change it the next day.

Also on the pts irofp feedback said that it drop legendary frags. So farm plat and wait for the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    If i was to wait around for only epic fragments in pvp that were for my class and actually somewhat usefull, i would have a grand total of 1 in 5 months of doing nothing but pvp. The only option for me is to upgrade the crap i get and pray i dont get tank stats (which none of my frags were lucky to avoid).

The fragment system sucks.
    Do you get epic fragments in PvP? Ive done TD, bought highest notoriety death fragment boxes etc and only gotten superior quality so I actually thought epic fragments would be added come IRotP... Do you always get epic ones from winning a wf or is it a rare drop?
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    Do you get epic fragments in PvP? Ive done TD, bought highest notoriety death fragment boxes etc and only gotten superior quality so I actually thought epic fragments would be added come IRotP... Do you always get epic ones from winning a wf or is it a rare drop?
    ???

The "rarity" of the fragment is based on how many stats are shown.

If it's epic, it will show you 4 stats before you reach level 9, so instead of having to upgrade it to level 9 to see the stats, you already do at level 0.

It has nothing to do with how good the fragment is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    ???

The "rarity" of the fragment is based on how many stats are shown.

If it's epic, it will show you 4 stats before you reach level 9, so instead of having to upgrade it to level 9 to see the stats, you already do at level 0.

It has nothing to do with how good the fragment is.
    I know and I asked if PvP boxes give Epic fragments at infusion level 0 as I did not know one could get that in a reliable way seeing that I can only remember TD dropping superior (blue) quality fragments and the fragment boxes also giving blue quality fragments even at highest notoriety. Ive figured that since both highest PvE end game content atm drops blue quality frags and highest notoriety boxes gives blue fragments that a reliable way of getting Epic fragments at infusion level 0 would come from a new source such as the new raid, not from a existing source such as PvP
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    I know and I asked if PvP boxes give Epic fragments at infusion level 0 as I did not know one could get that in a reliable way seeing that I can only remember TD dropping superior (blue) quality fragments and the fragment boxes also giving blue quality fragments even at highest notoriety. Ive figured that since both highest PvE end game content atm drops blue quality frags and highest notoriety boxes gives blue fragments that a reliable way of getting Epic fragments at infusion level 0 would come from a new source such as the new raid, not from a existing source such as PvP
    You can get purple from every and all content.

Champion

Yeah, you can totally get epic fragments from all content! About 1 epic fragment per 10 expert bosses, and maybe 1 epic fragment per every 2 TD runs. I don't think I've actually gotten an epic fragment with more than 2 dps stats. That being said, I find myself playing less and less...

I'm with the OP. Fragments (and by extension the in-game economy) are one of the main reasons this expansion has been a failure and further divided the playerbase. Now it's not just raiders vs non-raiders when talking about the gear gap, it's raiders who don't grind to afford fragments vs raiders who grind to afford fragments vs non-raiders who don't grind to afford fragments vs non-raiders who grind to afford fragments. I have several guildies / friends who were at the very bottom of the dps charts last expac doing top dps in our groups because grind TD for hours every day and grind / buy the plat to upgrade all their fragments to 12-15.
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 04-21-2017 at 07:07 AM.

King of Slackers

Don't know who tought it would be a good idea to add another layer of RNG gamble and added a stat range...

Last edited by keepor; 04-21-2017 at 08:58 AM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    Don't know who tought it would be a good idea to add another layer of RNG gamble and added a stat range...

That was their compromise. They got rid of warrior and cleric stats on the same fragments in turn for low and high stats Better than nothing I guess.

Attempt at constructive criticism:

Fragments feel overly complex and cumbersome to use. They do not provide enjoyment in the game due to their complexity. To exacerbate this, the Rift team has not explained the entire system beyond the basic remedial quest at the start of Alittu. The way certain stats on fragments will only be set a certain tier levels and only for certain elements makes them feel counterintuitive. The method by which fragments will or will not critically infuse is illusive. The complexity by which rarity effects secondary stats on fragments at tiers 3, 6, 9 and 12 is not well understood.

Please simplify and explain the system so they're less stressful to deal with.

Thank you.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    That was their compromise. They got rid of warrior and cleric stats on the same fragments in turn for low and high stats Better than nothing I guess.
    So player A and player B both have 10 fragments with cp as second stat and they both upgraded them to level 15.
    They both spend the platin to upgrade their fragments to level 15.
    Player A has 10x min CP roll : 10 x 166 CP = 1660 CP
    Player B was lucky with 10x max CP roll : 10 x 464 CP = 4640 CP

So both spend enough platin to upgrade their fragments but Player A has 3k CP less than Player B. And please don't tell me, but Player A had another Stat upgraded.... But hey, it's a nice compromise
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast